Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: GBC on January 01, 2012, 07:37:57 PM
hmmmm blackjax is there a way you can code the char select screen like the stage expansion?? like on how we can add stage slots we could add char slots?

I have no flippin idea man.

Quote from: GBC on January 01, 2012, 07:37:57 PM
hmmmm blackjax is there a way you can code the char select screen like the stage expansion?? like on how we can add stage slots we could add char slots?
character arent that easy why it wouldnt work is becuase you can only use a stage at a time thats why the stage expansion works since it loads either stage A,B or C while lets say you added 4 marth slots it would load first marth code and then it couldnt load the second becuase the first was already using the marth slot  while you cant load 2 stages at the same time you can have up to 4 characters dont know if you understood my explanation
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: GBC on January 01, 2012, 07:37:57 PM
hmmmm blackjax is there a way you can code the char select screen like the stage expansion?? like on how we can add stage slots we could add char slots?
Dude, he's a programmer, not an ocarina coder :srs:
If it were to be done in another way, it would've required heavy REL editing.

Thus, the stage expansion code was coded by our god PhantomWings.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

First of all, it's ASM coder, not Ocarina coder.
Second of all, as said before, characters and stages are loaded way different from each other, so having a character version of the stage expansion code is just impossible.
That and you can only have a max of two of the same characters on the CSS (for example, only 0x01 and 0x41 are read as DK, while 0x81 isn't read at all).

After looking at the SDK a bit, I can finally conclude that the official texture coordinate index for material references is the SourceRow value. TEX0 - TEX7 are the texture coordinate index.

This *might* be why some people are having texture coordinate problems with their imports.

Even moar progress? :af2:
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus


And that's always great news. :af2:

January 02, 2012, 05:48:37 AM #7808 Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:51:24 AM by BlackJax96
Hey, I think I found something interesting.

I'm importing Yoko, and I tried to rig her ponytail to ZSS' ponytail by moving the bones to fit the mesh.
First test looked terrible in-game, so I ported EVERY SINGLE animation in the motionetc.pac to fix the hair translations. It looked the same as before; the translations were the same as ZSS' ponytail, even though the model and the motionpac didn't have those translations.

I've always wondered about MiscData[0] / MiscData[1] (some motionetc.pacs don't have [1]), so I looked in it. Here's what I found:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I WILL figure out how to read this. I see float values. :srs:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 02, 2012, 05:48:37 AM
Hey, I think I found something interesting.

I'm importing Yoko, and I tried to rig her ponytail to ZSS' ponytail by moving the bones to fit the mesh.
First test looked terrible in-game, so I ported EVERY SINGLE animation in the motionetc.pac to fix the hair translations. It looked the same as before; the translations were the same as ZSS' ponytail, even though the model and the motionpac didn't have those translations.

I've always wondered about MiscData[0] / MiscData[1] (some motionetc.pacs don't have [1]), so I looked in it. Here's what I found:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I WILL figure out how to read this. I see float values. :srs:
maybe it has something to do with the gravity? or maybe air movement?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Nymph on January 02, 2012, 05:50:37 AM
maybe it has something to do with the gravity? or maybe air movement?

Look at this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


There's even more strings that say things involving motion/animation/physics.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 02, 2012, 05:53:39 AM
Look at this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


There's even more strings that say things involving motion/animation/physics.
hmmm i see some velocity strings in there.. looks more like its for physics
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Exploring new areas sure does turn up a lot. Great job on finding something new: I think some basic research with some physics like wind effects may shed some light. Wario comes to mind since his two costumes are treated by physics differently, nothing with overalls but with the biker costume the goggle straps float around.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 02, 2012, 07:43:10 AM
Exploring new areas sure does turn up a lot. Great job on finding something new: I think some basic research with some physics like wind effects may shed some light. Wario comes to mind since his two costumes are treated by physics differently, nothing with overalls but with the biker costume the goggle straps float around.
So that's why he has 2 different bonetrees!
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Those MiscData files are indeed the model physics.
For example, if you rename one of those bone entries will result in the same thing you get when you rename a bone directly in a model, so it is at least connected to the model physics.