Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 05, 2012, 05:40:53 AM
G&W being the result of a process, apparantely this rasterizer, rather than a scale Z to 0 seems about right. Not only does he have an extra polygon for the outline effect, he actually has two extra polygons, the same exact size. Might this have something to do with this clipping effect and drawing order mentioned?

Also, riivolution is harder to set up but worth it. There's a whole new world of Brawl hacks with custom sound effects, after all.
I've always had sfx replace for me :/

IDK... maybe it's just my wii...
or maybe my brawl disk...
(I've got one of the very first releases)

EDIT: @Nymph:
if you wish to learn hex,
I'd reccomend loading HexEdit4.0 with one of my templates ;)

you should fully understand hex once you've used that :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 05, 2012, 05:40:53 AM
Also, riivolution is harder to set up but worth it. There's a whole new world of Brawl hacks with custom sound effects, after all.
Also, there's something called RiiFS, which is a riivolution server that you can use to connect to the wii.
With that, you can stream hacks to the wii from the PC. It's quite convenient for testing hacks as you can just update the file while in-game, and allows for seeing changes without having to turnthe wii off/on ;)

Also, I wish I could somehow help you guys.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

In order to change Jiggz result name, open up main.dol in a hex editor and search for 'Jigglypuff', which should take you to a section with most of the result names (be aware that the size of the name has to stay the same size, so Jigglypuff, being 10 characters, being replaced with a 10 character name or less with spaces to fill the remaining spots).

And I think G&W's Z-axis is 0 due to the fact that sometimes, when you throw his and he faces the screen with his mouth open, you will be able to look through him through that part.
And like Tcll mentioned, his Z-axis is forced to be 2D through the stages Z-axis rather then his own Z-axis (as that would have him flip like when Mario would turn around in Paper Mario).

i found it but wheres is marth? D:

Edit: Nevermind....
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Tcll on January 05, 2012, 10:04:28 AM
EDIT: @Nymph:
if you wish to learn hex,
I'd reccomend loading HexEdit4.0 with one of my templates ;)

you should fully understand hex once you've used that :)
HexEdit4.0 ehh.... PM it to me mate
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: ds22 on January 05, 2012, 04:00:21 PM
In order to change Jiggz result name, open up main.dol in a hex editor and search for 'Jigglypuff', which should take you to a section with most of the result names (be aware that the size of the name has to stay the same size, so Jigglypuff, being 10 characters, being replaced with a 10 character name or less with spaces to fill the remaining spots).

And I think G&W's Z-axis is 0 due to the fact that sometimes, when you throw his and he faces the screen with his mouth open, you will be able to look through him through that part.
And like Tcll mentioned, his Z-axis is forced to be 2D through the stages Z-axis rather then his own Z-axis (as that would have him flip like when Mario would turn around in Paper Mario).

That name limit can likely be shortened, but not lengthened. Maybe we need to parse the main.dol too >.>
I just checked up on the answer to seeing through his mouth. He has no polygons inside his mouth and his polygon faces aren't double-sided, it's on his polygon78. I think he has two separate polygons for his outline effect, one on each side, which would explain why culling isn't an issue if he's at 0.

Quote from: Nymph on January 05, 2012, 05:50:07 PM
HexEdit4.0 ehh.... PM it to me mate
I won't say I don't know hexing, but a nice GUI might help me cross the gap and tackle file parsing. Thanks for the suggestion!

Mission Complete.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Memorable Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I have some problems with making stages in recent versions of BrawlBox - sometimes with 0.65 it corrupts one of the models when saving. (stage builder models) I've been using 0.63 for making my stages.

just stopping by to say that i have figured out the SRT0 heading.. quote from my last post on last page:
Quote
offset 0x0C: SRT0 Version#
Offset 0x1A-0x1B: Unknown1 (no known data yet)
Offset 0x1C-0x1D: FrameCount
Offset 0x1F: How many materials it should affect.
Offset 0x20-0x24: Unknown2  (no known data yet)
Offset 0x26-0x2F: Unknown3  (which can either be set to 0 or 1 for looping)
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Nymph on January 05, 2012, 08:12:46 PM
just stopping by to say that i have figured out the SRT0 heading.. quote from my last post on last page:
you know there is an wiki about SRT0? :3

and also, I have looked into SRT0 myself and knows at least 65-70% of it
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on January 05, 2012, 09:10:52 PM
you know there is an wiki about SRT0? :3

and also, I have looked into SRT0 myself and knows at least 65-70% of it
yeah i kno bout it, but thats like not even complete isnt it? and my findings were for the SRT0 header
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Nymph on January 05, 2012, 09:13:43 PM
yeah i kno bout it, but thats like not even complete isnt it? and my findings were for the SRT0 header

Completing it would be great: That's also something people could try out if they were looking for new ways to help... Sky Grounder?

Quote from: Xiggah on January 05, 2012, 09:50:23 PM
Completing it would be great: That's also something people could try out if they were looking for new ways to help... Sky Grounder?
I have time for it tomorrow and in the weekend if you want help ;D
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

I can always go for a hunt in SRT0's file :3
Stupid Tinypic :C