Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

That's funny, I've converted a bunch of v11 MDL0s from different games to v9 and vice versa with literally not a single problem at all. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 08, 2012, 12:27:51 AM
That's funny, I've converted a bunch of v11 MDL0s from different games to v9 and vice versa with literally not a single problem at all. :srs:
hmm i see... very odd O.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 07, 2012, 06:14:35 PM
That's just the thing, the entire scene isn't saved, only the change that's made is. There's a bool for everything that could be changed in SaveState.cs, although I think an array of bools and a comment saying what index refers to what would be better.

I like the idea about a compressed string though. That way you could just have an array of bools and a string value for each save and the save id.

I was going to start explaining some stuff, but now that I look at it, I'm probably a lot more experienced now than I was then. XD I'll just let you do your own thing.

You can just code it in v0.65; I can transfer over your code pretty easily.

That scene-save was off-topic anyways: Thanks for the pointers, I found most of the relevant sections linked to the SaveState. I'll stick to an array of bools and comment accordingly since I'm not the only person coding: First to get used to this coding, there's so much scattered everywhere...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 08, 2012, 12:27:51 AM
That's funny, I've converted a bunch of v11 MDL0s from different games to v9 and vice versa with literally not a single problem at all. :srs:
did you add bones to it before exporting??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 08, 2012, 02:21:03 AM
did you add bones to it before exporting??
he found the issue y they wont export as a version 9... he found out that some objects didnt even have the normals set or even had any
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

LOL SRT0
SRT stands for Scale Rotate Translate.
I just read that in the SDK. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 08, 2012, 04:39:14 AM
LOL SRT0
SRT stands for Scale Rotate Translate.
I just read that in the SDK. :srs:
that doesnt make sense for texture animation files.... :srs:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 08, 2012, 04:39:14 AM
LOL SRT0
SRT stands for Scale Rotate Translate.
I just read that in the SDK. :srs:
Who would've guessed? :P
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


January 08, 2012, 04:42:18 AM #8018 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:43:25 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Nymph on January 08, 2012, 04:41:05 AM
that doesnt make sense for texture animation files.... :srs:

Yes it does, considering the only thing SRT0s do is scale, rotate and translate the texture around. :srs:

Quote from: Seggy T. on January 08, 2012, 04:41:53 AM
Who would've guessed? :P

Now we know that Nintendo gets straight to the point with their acronyms. :P

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 08, 2012, 04:42:18 AM
Yes it does, considering the only thing SRT0s do is scale, rotate and translate the texture around. :srs:
oh.. i see now, it does make sense :>.>palm:
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

ROFL go figure XDD

nice find BJ ;D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

MDL0 = Model
CHR0 = Character (bone animation)
CLR0 = Color (animation)
VIS0 = Visibility (bone visibility animation)
PAT0 = Pattern (texture pattern animation)
SRT0 = Scale Rotate Translate (texture animation)
SHP0 = Shape (object? animation)
SCN0 = Scene
TEX0 = Texture
PLT0 = Palette

Would this be right?
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Sky Grounder on January 08, 2012, 11:23:04 AM
MDL0 = Model
CHR0 = Character (bone animation)
CLR0 = Color (animation)
VIS0 = Visibility (bone visibility animation)
PAT0 = Pattern (texture pattern animation)
SRT0 = Scale Rotate Translate (texture animation)
SHP0 = Shape (object? animation)
SCN0 = Scene
TEX0 = Texture
PLT0 = Palette

Would this be right?
pretty much :)

shp0 is a shape animation...
I havn't played around with these too much in blender,
so I don't really know too much about them... >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

not sure if someone asked already or you were going 2, but you should add Inverse kinematics for animating

Quote from: TheShyGuy on January 08, 2012, 01:45:53 PM
not sure if someone asked already or you were going 2, but you should add Inverse kinematics for animating
wouldn't that be the inverse translation/rotation/scale I was asking for??

actually, what's wrong is the values aren't correct...
copying the values to use in blender is still useless... DX

*rethinks*
or wait a minute...
Inverse Kinematics == IK bone chains
(scale one bone to move 3 others)

that would be nice :D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.