Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 09, 2012, 06:37:04 AM
Sure, I'll see what I can do.

Unknown values and away!

Ok, I'll send you it, sometime soon... :srs:

Quote from: pikazz on January 09, 2012, 04:09:48 PM
also, BJ96, everytime I making changes in like "unknown" or "loop" or scale ect and I save I can't open the animationData in the motionect without an freeze D:

And take your best guess as to why Brawlbox corrupts the srt0s you're trying to edit. :srs:

Quote from: TheShyGuy on January 09, 2012, 10:09:15 PM
another idea for animating - plugin support. So programmers can write plugins to help with animating. Like maybe make small physics plugins for articles of clothing/bones during animation or something.  Or if your animating kirby, we can make him "jiggle" when he does quick movements. I dunno just ideas.

The only problem with that is I have no flipping idea how I would code that.

Quote from: TheShyGuy on January 09, 2012, 10:09:15 PM
another idea for animating - plugin support. So programmers can write plugins to help with animating. Like maybe make small physics plugins for articles of clothing/bones during animation or something.  Or if your animating kirby, we can make him "jiggle" when he does quick movements. I dunno just ideas.

Instead of making a plugin, just make a program that applies edits to the CHR0 directly. It should be easier, right?


here's an idea 8D

.REL export to .CPP
(if they were built in C++, they can be decompiled in C++)

I will gladly learn C++ if you get that working ;)

or better yet, I'll build a C++ to Python to C++ converter. XDD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Plugin support... Anyone who wants to write code for Brawlbox can do that with the open source code, as well as the separate openbrawlbox. At least that's what I'm doing and it's fine for me...

Also, take your time BJ. We're all busy with our own things.

Heavy: I am very happy :happy:

I'm so glad I never deleted my OS I had on my last compy ^_^
(I have it set up again)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 10, 2012, 03:38:03 AM #8060 Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:40:38 AM by NaruZeldaMaster
Hey BJ, I've added quite a few bones to fox's boneset. and I've got a couple of questions.

Click The spoiler to see how I have the bones for Krystal's Staff set up.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The staff will be rigged to a single bone for animation purposes, cause obviously all those bones would be cumbersome(Yes I know the definition of that word :>.>palm: ) to animate with. The ones along the staff are for graphics, and the several bones outside the staff are there for obvious reasons.

1: Do the new bones added by the bone adder work in psa?
2: If so can they be used to make animated graphics? By attaching a graphic to said bone and possibly animating it.
3: Will I be able to make a 'false' projectile (Meaning a fake projectile that works like a real one) using this bone?

None of the graphic/hitbox bones will be rigged to the staff itself, they're all children of that single parent bone I mentioned earlier.

EDIT:

Also, an idea would be to transform an added bone into one of those cool "Visibility" bones :D
You know, like links second sword/shield and things like that? Of course it would only work on bones added by the bone adder...


Quote from: TommoPuppy on January 10, 2012, 04:10:10 AM
Why not just rig it to his gun?

I used fox's boneset for the easy tail rigging, the import will be over zelda...
Mainly for PSA size limit, Krystal will need a lot of graphics and proper placement of hitboxes for her psa to be good. and Fox's limit is very small compared to Zelda's solo PSA limit which is

200+ KB.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 10, 2012, 12:56:18 AM
Plugin support... Anyone who wants to write code for Brawlbox can do that with the open source code, as well as the separate openbrawlbox. At least that's what I'm doing and it's fine for me...

Also, take your time BJ. We're all busy with our own things.

yeh, i can write for animation plugin support, but i dont know much about the source code.  I havent looked at it in about over a year and back then i didnt understand it. Ill try again i guess.

Quote from: Spex130 on January 10, 2012, 12:32:30 AM
Instead of making a plugin, just make a program that applies edits to the CHR0 directly. It should be easier, right?

I said plugin so you can directly see the results of what your plugin does. If you make a program to edit CHR0s directly, you wouldnt be able to see what just happened.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on January 10, 2012, 04:14:16 AMI used fox's boneset for the easy tail rigging, the import will be over zelda... Mainly for PSA size limit, Krystal will need a lot of graphics and proper placement of hitboxes for her psa to be good. and Fox's limit is very small compared to Zelda's solo PSA limit which is 200+ KB.
:srs: Fox's file size limit can go up past 500KB. I should know because I worked with his PSA file.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 10, 2012, 12:14:45 PM
:srs: Fox's file size limit can go up past 500KB. I should know because I worked with his PSA file.
uugh...
what's Pika's size limit??

I ask because I'm going to build one that surpasses the limit w/o freezing the game...
(once I have time of course) heh
I'm quite sure I can compensate for the overflow...
(I highly doubt the files have an actiual limit)

shorten the length of other datas occupying the RAM space...
(I'm more than sure that's what's doing it)

I mean,
prove me wrong if you know more about the wii (and computers) than me. >:3
(challenge accepted anyone??)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on January 10, 2012, 12:14:45 PM
:srs: Fox's file size limit can go up past 500KB. I should know because I worked with his PSA file.

:>_>Palm:
Um...there's another reason I don't want her over fox.
Zelda actually sounds like Krystal... or close enough to it. The reason I don't use the Krystal hacks that are out now is cause it sounds weird. On top of that, fox and the other SF characters already have loads of good hacks, while Zelda has too few by comparison.

January 10, 2012, 04:46:18 PM #8067 Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:48:32 PM by KingJigglypuff
Quote from: Tcll on January 10, 2012, 01:19:58 PM
uugh...
what's Pika's size limit??

I ask because I'm going to build one that surpasses the limit w/o freezing the game...
(once I have time of course) heh
I'm quite sure I can compensate for the overflow...
(I highly doubt the files have an actiual limit)

shorten the length of other datas occupying the RAM space...
(I'm more than sure that's what's doing it)

I mean,
prove me wrong if you know more about the wii (and computers) than me. >:3
(challenge accepted anyone??)
I don't know. I never worked with Pikachu before. :/
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

January 10, 2012, 07:27:50 PM #8068 Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:34:01 PM by Tcll
hey BJ...
mind lending a hand ??

all I need is to know how to actually load an mdl0 file...
(sin'e I've never worked on an actual loader before) :/

I'm not going to get specific,
but this will help me out in 3 areas. :|

EDIT:
I mean,
IK there's more to loading it than just simply using a for on each list...

it's alot more technical than that as Brbx shows it...

but I can't understand it for crap and need some input... >_<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: TheShyGuy on January 10, 2012, 10:14:44 AM
yeh, i can write for animation plugin support, but i dont know much about the source code.  I havent looked at it in about over a year and back then i didnt understand it. Ill try again i guess.

I said plugin so you can directly see the results of what your plugin does. If you make a program to edit CHR0s directly, you wouldnt be able to see what just happened.

Actually, I've made an animation exporter for 3DS Max, it's not a plugin for Brawlbox but I think it's what you're referring to.

And Tcll, I could probably help you with loading a mdl0 file. You're loading it to Blender, right?