Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 11, 2012, 02:28:31 AM
I already started typing the post anyway, so I'll just finish it.

Btw, u betta kno dat Kirby has an :af: on it (testing stuff):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Umm... the picture is broken. :-\
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Sorceress on January 11, 2012, 02:30:45 AM
Umm... the picture is broken. :-\

Umm no it's not.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


BJ, what exactly did you do? I mean, like, what did you change to make that?

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on January 11, 2012, 02:39:49 AM
Umm no it's not.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


BJ, what exactly did you do? I mean, like, what did you change to make that?
Well it was broken for me, which was strange, because now it's working... :-\
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on January 11, 2012, 02:39:49 AM
Umm no it's not.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


BJ, what exactly did you do? I mean, like, what did you change to make that?

Actually, I don't remember. :srs:
I'll just compare it to the original pac. I changed things one at a time, so only the thing that I changed should be different.

Hey look, cell-shading without additional polygons. That looks nice.

January 11, 2012, 03:00:26 AM #8090 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:02:44 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Xiggah on January 11, 2012, 02:53:39 AM
Hey look, cell-shading without additional polygons. That looks nice.

Yeah, turns out that you can add additional texture matrices to existing models and not screw over the model, so I've been adding move-able textures messing around with Kirby's XF flags and unknown material settings to see what happens. :P (I've known and been doing this for a while now though, ever since I got the model rebuilder to work)

Apparently all I did to get the :af: face was add some palette references though. Not a very exciting edit. :/

Quote from: Tcll on January 10, 2012, 01:19:58 PMuugh... what's Pika's size limit?? I ask because I'm going to build one that surpasses the limit w/o freezing the game... (once I have time of course) heh I'm quite sure I can compensate for the overflow... (I highly doubt the files have an actiual limit) shorten the length of other datas occupying the RAM space... (I'm more than sure that's what's doing it) I mean, prove me wrong if you know more about the wii (and computers) than me. >:3 (challenge accepted anyone??)

About 80-90+ kb. It may be more. I went to 305 kb and stopped because my coding was wrong.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41055.0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Looking for animations you cannot make yourself? Come request here.


Currently Working on
- Neku Animations
- Sanji Animations
- Crystal Animations

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 11, 2012, 03:00:26 AM
Yeah, turns out that you can add additional texture matrices to existing models and not screw over the model, so I've been adding move-able textures messing around with Kirby's XF flags and unknown material settings to see what happens. :P (I've known and been doing this for a while now though, ever since I got the model rebuilder to work)

Apparently all I did to get the :af: face was add some palette references though. Not a very exciting edit. :/

I suppose there ought to be a downside to using additional texture matrices rather than additional polygons, but I don't see it.
Do you think a texture matrix could be added in a shape different from the polygon, or is that beyond it's capabilities?

January 11, 2012, 11:36:18 AM #8093 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:14:45 PM by Tcll
nice toon shading BJ :af:
that srsly looks awesome :D

and there's an answer to one of my things

cell shading == toon shading

now I just have to figure out the rest...
especially 'Oreon Nayer' since I believe it looks like 'Lambert' >_>

and tell me anyways BJ
I'll do anything to make sure my resource thread is right :)

I still DK what to call the Definitions as they're a mix of stuff
(Pipelines was a dumb idea) >.<

EDIT:
BTW BJ...
I did request for a 'notes' section to be made... >_>
but that was quite a while ago... (about 5 months)

could you try requesting and see if they'll do it then :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

are there plans to make this open other formats?


@BlackJax96: How did you make the cel shading possible?

January 11, 2012, 02:59:05 PM #8096 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 03:52:14 PM by Tcll
Quote from: Innerscope on January 11, 2012, 02:47:08 PM
@BlackJax96: How did you make the cel shading possible?
I too would like to know this ;D
(from a technical standpoint of course)

as you can prbly guess, IDK much about the XF registers in general >_>

EDIT:
WTF was I on D:
almost all of my descriptions and alot of my data was wrong... DX

well...
I've went through and re-defined alot,
but there's still alot I need to do...

can you tell me if there's anything I should do differently??
please and thanx :|

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Did you know why i got that problem and how can i resovlt it?



I have import Scott Pilgrim into 3ds Max 2011, i've added a guitar and eye yellow and rigged them. For all bone i've add all bone. But when i import the Dae into BB i got that error.

Quote from: Innerscope on January 11, 2012, 02:47:08 PM
@BlackJax96: How did you make the cel shading possible?
I know what he did <w<

easy to do if you know <w<
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on January 11, 2012, 04:57:22 PM
I know what he did <w<

easy to do if you know <w<

And I know the list of stage variables for the Distant Planet stage. Both ought to be open knowledge in the future, if we can make it happen >.>