Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on January 20, 2012, 09:33:10 PM
Hm. I sorta meant the ability to save MDL0s as version 10 (instead of 9) and such.

Just changed one thing and now it works.
http://www.mediafire.com/?7e26pl21mirp3ma

So, that'll be ready in the next release, then?
That'll be nice. BTW, that preview of sonic with correct shaders and stuff - it really looks awesome.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on January 20, 2012, 09:53:43 PM
So, that'll be ready in the next release, then?
That'll be nice. BTW, that preview of sonic with correct shaders and stuff - it really looks awesome.

Mmmmmmyeah.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 20, 2012, 09:44:46 PM
Just me being awesome.

Good work. What other tasks could be on your list?

Quote from: Xiggah on January 20, 2012, 11:22:55 PM
Good work. What other tasks could be on your list?

Well I'm trying to figure out how to use a custom formula for OpenGL's shaders and alpha function and creating a keyframe collection and editor for SRT0s.

OpenGL shader customization is confusing stuff. ._.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 20, 2012, 11:30:31 PM
Well I'm trying to figure out how to use a custom formula for OpenGL's shaders and alpha function and creating a keyframe collection and editor for SRT0s.

OpenGL shader customization is confusing stuff. ._.
look into the GLSL documentation

GLSL == GL Shader Language
(this should be able to handle both Shaders and Nodes)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 21, 2012, 12:33:14 AM
look into the GLSL documentation

GLSL == GL Shader Language
(this should be able to handle both Shaders and Nodes)

I already am. The thing is, I'm coding in C# and OpenGL originates in C++, so there's some functions that I can't use in C# without finding a workaround. >_>

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 21, 2012, 01:21:05 AM
I already am. The thing is, I'm coding in C# and OpenGL originates in C++, so there's some functions that I can't use in C# without finding a workaround. >_>
Concerting code from C++ to C# isnt that bad. What functions do you need?

January 21, 2012, 01:42:11 AM #8258 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:43:47 AM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 21, 2012, 01:21:05 AM
I already am. The thing is, I'm coding in C# and OpenGL originates in C++, so there's some functions that I can't use in C# without finding a workaround. >_>
ah...
well I'm not all perfect either...

PyOpenGL uses the DLL files from the original builds, and tries to support all functions...
(there's still a few unsupported functions)

another drawback (unless you're in the same position) is that I have to build a handler to get the w/h and data of the image
(since python only has good support for .rgb files)

EDIT:
oh yea...
I still can't seem to get my grey/white texture to stop displaying pink/white :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

January 21, 2012, 01:43:40 AM #8259 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:49:01 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Xiggah on January 21, 2012, 01:37:33 AM
Concerting code from C++ to C# isnt that bad. What functions do you need?

Yeah, converting C++ to C# is easy, but I need to use things like these in C#:

uniform vec3 lightDir;
varying float intensity;
gl_FragColor = color;

uniform, varying and gl_FragColor don't work in C#. :X

I'm looking to see if OpenTK supports it.
Edit: It does, I think! :D

Wow. OpenTK even supports Quaternion conversions and interpolation. :srs:

January 21, 2012, 01:47:30 AM #8260 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:55:02 AM by Tcll
Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 21, 2012, 01:43:40 AM
Yeah, converting C++ to C# is easy, but I need to use things like these in C#:

uniform vec3 lightDir;
varying float intensity;
gl_FragColor = color;

uniform, varying and gl_FragColor don't work in C#. :X
I'm looking to see if OpenTK supports it.

OpenTK I assume means Tool Kit??

just like Open:
CL == Collision Library
AL == Audio Library
MP == ?? (Multi-Threading); supported in Dolphin 3972

any others I'm missing??

EDIT:
well I found my texture problem :P
(why the grays keep displaying pink)

R = A
G = B
B = G
A = R

EDIT2: @BJ:
request for multi-texture support plz :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

With the current beta, I'm able to edit Mario Kart Wii track models and add new shaders to them without any trouble (and they still load in MKW!) so I can say that V11 MDL0's are supported pretty nicely. The only thing that seem to corrupt it is adding another color to a set of vertex colors. Now I just need a way to add more UV maps to the other 6 slots that are blank at the moment.

Quote from: Michael Yoshi on January 21, 2012, 03:41:24 AM
With the current beta, I'm able to edit Mario Kart Wii track models and add new shaders to them without any trouble (and they still load in MKW!) so I can say that V11 MDL0's are supported pretty nicely. The only thing that seem to corrupt it is adding another color to a set of vertex colors. Now I just need a way to add more UV maps to the other 6 slots that are blank at the moment.
lol I just requested for multi-texturing

I'm using OpenGL.GL.ARB to do it :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Are you gonna fix the import object function? (when you right click it and select import object, not when you try to import a dae)
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: KnightMario on January 21, 2012, 01:24:05 PM
Are you gonna fix the import object function? (when you right click it and select import object, not when you try to import a dae)
1 request at a time plz :P

I have 3 including yours:

-import object/vert/normal/uv data (yours, somewhat)
- multi-texturing
- verson to version conversion/export (already being worked on)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.