Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

my help will come out with UMC...

since my converter will be able to support any possible model format you can program a plugin for :D

I can then share my file specs. :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 29, 2012, 10:34:25 PM
Lolk.
Have you finished a better method of undo and redo yet? That was your only task so far. :srs:

Depends if you only wanted undo/redo in the model previewer or in the normal file tree view as well.

I liked my method of performing the undo when the redo is created, so rather than saving the whole scene state, it would generate the opposite of what was done. Lots of editing here and there, I think it'll have to be moved over to your new source code.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 29, 2012, 10:29:43 PM
Hopefully some people will learn how to code C# and help me eventually. Then we could be like the Dolphin team, with like one person coding GUI stuff, another figuring out and rebuilding file formats, and another just focusing on RSAR. LOL
Send me tutorials/sites on how to learn C#, and maybe I might join in a while. Maybe.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Xiggah on January 29, 2012, 10:39:14 PM
Depends if you only wanted undo/redo in the model previewer or in the normal file tree view as well.

I liked my method of performing the undo when the redo is created, so rather than saving the whole scene state, it would generate the opposite of what was done. Lots of editing here and there, I think it'll have to be moved over to your new source code.

Just the model previewer for now, and mmmmk.

Quote from: Skyrim Grounder on January 29, 2012, 10:48:54 PM
Send me tutorials/sites on how to learn C#, and maybe I might join in a while. Maybe.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa288436%28v=vs.71%29.aspx

You never change the title post. If I was a total noob, I would never be able to find the download link for the new Brawlbox

January 29, 2012, 10:59:18 PM #8615 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:00:10 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Xiggah on January 29, 2012, 10:56:02 PM
You never change the title post. If I was a total noob, I would never be able to find the download link for the new Brawlbox

I think that if someone can't find the download for it on their own, they shouldn't even be using it. :srs:

xD

Anyway, the title post has changed. It talked about the beta before, and now doesn't. And brawlvault is easy to find... ._.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 29, 2012, 10:59:18 PM
I think that if someone can't find the download for it on their own, they shouldn't even be using it. :srs:
lol if any1 cant find it, then they'll never be good in brawl hacking as far as im concerned... xD
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

January 29, 2012, 11:16:03 PM #8618 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:20:16 PM by Xiggah
Right, right, I'm just messing around... Just for that, you're all getting a glitchy undo. It'll lag like terrible and you'll all hate it.

EDIT: Actually, My Visual Studio doesn't like this new source code. You're all getting no undo at this rate.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 29, 2012, 11:16:03 PM
Right, right, I'm just messing around... Just for that, you're all getting a glitchy undo. It'll lag like terrible and you'll all hate it.

EDIT: Actually, My Visual Studio doesn't like this new source code. You're all getting no undo at this rate.

NOOOOOOOO
T-T

Are you sure you can't do something oh he who makes epic Jurrasic park references without knowing it :P

By the way :>.>palm:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Turns out it was something that happened during or after the process of saving my progress by making a new file in max before exporting. :/ I guess I'll have to think of another way to track my rigging progress, but anyways, expect this to be over wolf maybe in a couple of months :happy:

Why a couple of months? Cause I only work on one thing a little bit at a time, and I got some major crap coming up in RL that I have to deal with *pout* Not looking forward to getting part of or all of my colon area removed...

Quote from: Xiggah on January 29, 2012, 10:31:14 PM
Here's what I think about filesizes: Let's say Snake has the largest filesize, and Yoshi has the least. If the game doesn't lag or freeze with 4 Snakes, then why should it freeze with 4 Yoshis with the same filesize?

Also, I already know C#... Sign me up for your team lol
i dont think thats how it works since if there is a battle of four snakes only one snake pac file will be loaded on the wii since they share the same fitsnake.pac i dont think brawl developers would make the wii charge 4 files exactly equal
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I think the save function is glitchy. I often get a "Unable to open file for write access" error.

Yes! someone else has it!
The fix is to not save. when you close anything it will ask you if you'd like to save. says yes and it will save properly!
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

For me it still gives the error even after I click close.

^ I was just about to ask that. I keep accidentally corrupting my motion pacs. Is there any way to avoid this, or any clue what else could possibly trigger this?