Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

January 29, 2012, 09:56:53 PM #8595 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:57:48 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun
As soon as those are cracked, God knows what we'll be able to do.

*would give FitGanon.pac a 800kb limit. :3 *

IDA. Looks like something that would run while I play Dolphin-emulated Brawl. Any version nominations BlackJax? I don't know if you kept up with the program since your Halo 3 days.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 29, 2012, 10:04:59 PM
IDA. Looks like something that would run while I play Dolphin-emulated Brawl. Any version nominations BlackJax? I don't know if you kept up with the program since your Halo 3 days.

Whatever version is most recent. :P

What's IDA, if anyone cares?

I should seriously look into Dolphin myself. My Wii is old (2007) and has trouble starting sometimes.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 29, 2012, 09:56:32 PM
I thought the module files only went as far as fighter and stage files. So much for me knowing every Brawl file by heart...

Also, 50mb limit for EVERY character!
lol
I have brawl in my library of game rips on my compy XDD

so yea...
screw the repository :af:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 29, 2012, 10:09:30 PM
Whatever version is most recent. :P


Sounds like a torrent-related answer to me... Freeware is an old version, newest demo is limited, and torrents are virus-packed and ACTA is totally watching me download them. Option A, B, or C....

ppl removing filesize limits might not be a good thing since character have these limits becuase wii cant handle  all that info at the same time thats why the game freezes , imagine giving every character 1 mb  of filesize if 4 characters were in play that would be 4 mb of filesize for pac files alone i bet the wii would either start overheating  or freeze even if the limit is lifted ppl seem to forget wii isnt that great of a consol concerning its limitations :S
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 29, 2012, 10:19:36 PM
Sounds like a torrent-related answer to me... Freeware is an old version, newest demo is limited, and torrents are virus-packed and ACTA is totally watching me download them. Option A, B, or C....

Just get the freeware version.
Although I still have IDA on my comp... can't remember if I got the free one or not.

Quote from: Carnage on January 29, 2012, 10:23:00 PM
ppl removing filesize limits might not be a good thing since character have these limits becuase wii cant handle  all that info at the same time thats why the game freezes , imagine giving every character 1 mb  of filesize if 4 characters were in play that would be 4 mb of filesize for pac files alone i bet the wii would either start overheating  or freeze even if the limit is lifted ppl seem to forget wii isnt that great of a consol concerning its limitations :S

Pessimism brings nothing to the tablez

Quote from: Xiggah on January 29, 2012, 10:19:36 PM
Sounds like a torrent-related answer to me... Freeware is an old version, newest demo is limited, and torrents are virus-packed and ACTA is totally watching me download them. Option A, B, or C....
I've never gotten a virus...
I've DL'd 5,233 torrents and am still running strong :af:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Well, I have to agree there, the Wii IS a piece of [censored]. But in my case, it's only making them slightly higher.

nuh-uhh...
my wii's awesummerrrrrr

lol actually...
that's how I got my library of game-rips...
WiiXplorer FTW

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

So filesizes ARE defined in rels or not?

Otherwise, I should just try shrinking the textures in Tabuu's REFT file.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 29, 2012, 10:25:15 PM
Well, I have to agree there, the Wii IS a piece of [censored]. But in my case, it's only making them slightly higher.

And after I've completely ripped open Brawl with mah code, I'll go and program a texture and model importer for Halo 3! :af: (I like Halo 3 better than Halo Reach, tbh) Then all you guys will need is a JTAG Xbox 360. :srs: I already have one, and it still works :P

Hopefully some people will learn how to code C# and help me eventually. Then we could be like the Dolphin team, with like one person coding GUI stuff, another figuring out and rebuilding file formats, and another just focusing on RSAR. LOL

Quote from: Carnage on January 29, 2012, 10:23:00 PM
ppl removing filesize limits might not be a good thing since character have these limits becuase wii cant handle  all that info at the same time thats why the game freezes , imagine giving every character 1 mb  of filesize if 4 characters were in play that would be 4 mb of filesize for pac files alone i bet the wii would either start overheating  or freeze even if the limit is lifted ppl seem to forget wii isnt that great of a consol concerning its limitations :S

Here's what I think about filesizes: Let's say Snake has the largest filesize, and Yoshi has the least. If the game doesn't lag or freeze with 4 Snakes, then why should it freeze with 4 Yoshis with the same filesize?

Also, I already know C#... Sign me up for your team lol

Quote from: Xiggah on January 29, 2012, 10:31:14 PM
Here's what I think about filesizes: Let's say Snake has the largest filesize, and Yoshi has the least. If the game doesn't lag or freeze with 4 Snakes, then why should it freeze with 4 Yoshis with the same filesize?

Also, I already know C#... Sign me up for your team lol

Lolk.
Have you finished a better method of undo and redo yet? That was your only task so far. :srs: