Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

 :happy:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I need to figure out why it's only reading from the body texture and the sword texture in BB.
That's the only thing stopping me from releasing this shiz now =3

so yeah...any ideas?

Want to clarify something here: can you copy and paste bone translations to all of the animations en masse, instead of having to go through every animation by hand, right now?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Yes, I asked that question and did it.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

I've wondered why editing a material causes BrawlBox to recalculate other things it could possibly skip. I changed a material to have a different texture and changes some properties on that texture (to have its uv map set to Normals) and now the model has a flickering texture problem that wasn't there before, almost like it isn't culling the other side and then rendering them both in the same direction. The texture appears properly at random moments, but only lasts a brief moment.

Quote from: Michael Yoshi on February 21, 2012, 02:44:09 AM
I've wondered why editing a material causes BrawlBox to recalculate other things it could possibly skip. I changed a material to have a different texture and changes some properties on that texture (to have its uv map set to Normals) and now the model has a flickering texture problem that wasn't there before, almost like it isn't culling the other side and then rendering them both in the same direction. The texture appears properly at random moments, but only lasts a brief moment.

Does the texture have a palette? Is it linked in the MDL0?
What other things did you change?

Brawlbox really doesn't 'recalculate' anything if you don't move/add/remove any nodes.

Although there is a constant rebuild bug in the current release, it shouldn't cause any problems unless you have part2 entries in a material or a material has no children (There would be an offset to data that's not there). I fixed those minor bugs, but I can't make a release yet due to the viewer not being complete.

and about the bone add?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: KnightMario on February 21, 2012, 03:16:40 AM
and about the bone add?

That worked perfectly decades ago, stop talking about it "not working." Because it does work.
And never use FW's bone adder. Just don't.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 21, 2012, 03:18:50 AM
That worked perfectly decades ago, stop talking about it "not working." Because it does work.
And never use FW's bone adder. Just don't.
this man ALWAYS speaks the truth!
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Speaking of bones, you can add bones like crazy but do we still need to follow the minimum (original) bone limit for each character?

Quote from: Xiggah on February 21, 2012, 03:46:04 AM
Speaking of bones, you can add bones like crazy but do we still need to follow the minimum (original) bone limit for each character?

Nah, you can add a bunch of bones after ThrowN without anything bad happening in-game (otherwise the original bones' indices would be offset, causing problems), as long as the filesize isn't too large.

I may be clueless on this, but is there a way to mass add bones? Like, punching in a number of bones that you want? Or do you have to add them one by one?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]




Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 21, 2012, 04:15:46 AM
Hop to it. We want Bezier Curves.

Fine, but I'm doing it after I make my Animation Rig and automatic animation exporter  :vyse:

Quote from: Xiggah on February 21, 2012, 05:31:09 AM
Fine, but I'm doing it after I make my Animation Rig and automatic animation exporter  :vyse:

Does the animation rig and exporter have
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.