Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14
Author Topic: Thinking outside the (Brawl)Box, a message to KCMM hackers  (Read 53903 times)
Victory Badguy
Slightly Different
Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #105 on: January 04, 2011, 08:17:54 PM »

ATM, the only two Shadow downloads on the Top 10 list are SDo0m's Shadow PSA and boot's "final" version of Shadow.
    While that is nice, there's nothing that says that we aren't gonna have another influx of Shadow hacks and re-hacks.  It might be next month, next week or even next day, but unless something is done, this is all gonna happen again.  Heck, it may not even be with Shadow.  It could be for a new version of Cloud, or people could try and make different versions of BeyondYou's Naruto hack.

I know that I sound like I'm blowing this whole thing out of proportion, but I really like the cool stuff that's made by the hackers here and I would love to see new hackers join and make quality hacks of unrepresented characters and series.  I would hate to see this community overrun by people that only know how to make new versions of Shadow. Im srs here 

JuanMKnight
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #106 on: January 05, 2011, 12:31:53 PM »

but this is why brawlvault is very popular,  is the same fact that new hackers are motivated to make new textures/fan-characters = more users in the vault.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #107 on: January 05, 2011, 12:34:18 PM »

but this is why brawlvault is very popular,  is the same fact that new hackers are motivated to make new textures/fan-characters = more users in the vault.

Who cares about popularity? If nobody new about the Vault and there were only original, non-fancharacter/Shadow hacks, then I think it would be better off.

JuanMKnight
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #108 on: January 05, 2011, 12:53:11 PM »

Who cares about popularity? If nobody new about the Vault and there were only original, non-fancharacter/Shadow hacks, then I think it would be better off.

is because they are new in the hack things, learn to texture a character is easy but they cant vertex a simple character like you or all the people in this topic (im not included in this list), there are more new hackers in the vault than pros. and you know shadow or sonic is the main target to create a fan character.  Shocked

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2011, 12:59:09 PM »

is because they are new in the hack things, learn to texture a character is easy but they cant vertex a simple character like you or all the people in this topic (im not included in this list), there are more new hackers in the vault than pros. and you know shadow or sonic is the main target to create a fan character.  Shocked

But here's the thing: it still is possible to be creative with texturing.

Before vertexing was feasible, you could only texture. And even then, in the primordial days of Brawl hacking, people were putting out stuff a billion times more creative than what comes out today.

It's not that they can't be creative, it's that they won't.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #110 on: January 05, 2011, 01:05:13 PM »

Before vertexing was feasible, you could only texture. And even then, in the primordial days of Brawl hacking, people were putting out stuff a billion times more creative than what comes out today.

To be fair, people were more creative way back when because they were the first ones there.  They had nothing to build off of with there hacks, so, by default, they were creative.  Even back then, there were plenty of versions of Roy, Shadow and Cloud.

Still, you hardly saw any fancharacters back then (and those are the ones that really piss me off.)

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »

^This. All day.

Couldn't agree more.

Also.... just when you thought it was over: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15335

Im srs here

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2011, 01:08:49 PM »

Also.... just when you thought it was over: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15335

Im srs here

Oh, well.... at least it's not just a revamp...?

Ugh. >:|

JuanMKnight
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #113 on: January 05, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »

Im srs here

hahaha this is the cruel truth, I give up my friends  Grin
    maybe some new hackers are lazy to vertex but not texturing?
    pfff zombie shadow...

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #114 on: January 05, 2011, 01:17:15 PM »

Im srs here

hahaha this is the cruel truth, I give up my friends  Grin
    maybe some new hackers are lazy to vertex but not texturing?
    pfff zombie shadow...
    The person who made that was here longer than most of us......

dark sonic 19
    Supreme Kitten

Luigi Time!

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Heart Container Ninja

« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2011, 01:19:04 PM »

shadow this shadow that it will not end!!!

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #116 on: January 05, 2011, 01:24:52 PM »

Still another Shadow, and that's what matters.  I don't care who made it.  It could have been someone that joined yesterday, or it could have been any one of the admins.  If someone makes a Shadow hack, I'll be disappointed, and judging by the responses here, so will many other people.

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #117 on: January 05, 2011, 01:26:47 PM »

Still another Shadow, and that's what matters.  I don't care who made it.  It could have been someone that joined yesterday, or it could have been any one of the admins.  If someone makes a Shadow hack, I'll be disappointed, and judging by the responses here, so will many other people.
    I was joking Im srs here Although its hard to tell so I guess I'm at fault. I'm going to release a Shadow VIDEO soon anyways...

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: January 05, 2011, 02:47:02 PM »

^This. All day.

Couldn't agree more.

Im srs here

it doesn't matter if it's Zombie Shadow what really matters is that a normal Shadow is submited into the vault
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:47:53 PM by Memories » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #119 on: January 05, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »

>_> You guys are talking about the Shadows and the fan-characters... what about the fan-fan-characters, those that are clearly a mockery of fan-characters as is? >_>;

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: