Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14
Author Topic: Thinking outside the (Brawl)Box, a message to KCMM hackers  (Read 53894 times)
Segtendo
Local Marie Fanboy
Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #90 on: January 04, 2011, 08:17:25 AM »

not impressed

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11147

This guy is downloaded because he looks cool.

Marth one is better :U
    *shot*

: SW-2632-7270-6724

JuanMKnight
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #91 on: January 04, 2011, 03:07:40 PM »

there are like 71 Sonic texture like Shadow in the vault (vertex and normal Sonic)
    im not counting "fan-characters" like ¿?Flame the hedgehog?¿, go to the "sonic vault" and you're gonna get another surprise.
    btw im a Shadow fan too  not impressed

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #92 on: January 04, 2011, 03:27:49 PM »

there are like 71 Sonic texture like Shadow in the vault (vertex and normal Sonic)
    im not counting "fan-characters" like ¿?Flame the hedgehog?¿, go to the "sonic vault" and you're gonna get another surprise.
    btw im a Shadow fan too  not impressed
    Yes, we all know that there are too many repeat hacks and fancharacters, especially over Sonic.  The real question is why and what can we do to stem the tide of these kinds of hacks.

We need to address the larger problem of why hackers, mostly new ones, are choosing to make these kinds of hacks.  Is it because more original hacks are too difficult to make?  If we can solve this problem, then we'll never have to worry about "too many Shadow hacks" ever again.

So, any ideas?

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2011, 03:34:10 PM »

We need to address the larger problem of why hackers, mostly new ones, are choosing to make these kinds of hacks.  Is it because more original hacks are too difficult to make?  If we can solve this problem, then we'll never have to worry about "too many Shadow hacks" ever again.

So, any ideas?

I think it's mainly the fact that the newer ones don't put in the research to learn how to do stuff themselves.

I mean, I want to say it's a lack of resources, but obviously there are plenty of in-depth tutorials at their disposal, so why they don't use them confuses me.

And I really want to say that we should make help more available, but it's just as available as the tutorials....

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #94 on: January 04, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »

So, any ideas?

I think it's mainly the fact that the newer ones don't put in the research to learn how to do stuff themselves.

I mean, I want to say it's a lack of resources, but obviously there are plenty of in-depth tutorials at their disposal, so why they don't use them confuses me.

And I really want to say that we should make help more available, but it's just as available as the tutorials....
    I guess you're right.  Most new hackers are either too lazy or too unsure of there own abilities to create new hacks, so instead they just build off of existing hacks so that they can get a lot of DL's.

Hey, maybe that's the problem.  Maybe these kinds of hackers are worried about DL's so much that, instead of creating their own stuff, they just make minor edits to previous hacks and leech off of the hard work of other hackers.

Still doesn't explain the prevalence of Sonic fancharacters, but at least it's a start.

Pin0yB0i
    Badace
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #95 on: January 04, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »

I bet people wouldn't be able to make Shadow STAGES!
    LenSho or Mewtwo2000 probably could... But I'm just sayin.

JuanMKnight
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #96 on: January 04, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »

Maybe "deleting" some repeated hacks like the "black hedgehog mania" with a 100 less downloads or 999-
    There are many repeated character with no downloads in the vault, you know some Sonics (nobody in this times download a sonic with shadow texture without vertex), marth (the same with sonic but with sephiroth, roys) textures, i think this is the only way to finish this, but is not a good idea for the new hackers.

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #97 on: January 04, 2011, 06:00:50 PM »

Its called hype. You can't blame the thousand or so people because of hype. The crowd gets what they want. Thats how business works. And other "companies" will try to copy or work off the thing that is winning.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2011, 06:03:08 PM »

You can't blame the thousand or so people because of hype.

And therein lies the problem: you can't stop people from being stupid. You can put rules and regulations on the hacks that get submitted to the Vault, but you can't stop people from simply wanting the downloads and attention.

I just wish there was one simple solution to it. Sad

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #99 on: January 04, 2011, 06:06:29 PM »

Its called hype. You can't blame the thousand or so people because of hype. The crowd gets what they want. Thats how business works. And other "companies" will try to copy or work off the thing that is winning.
    But hackers shouldn't be concerned about "winning."  It's not like hackers get anything for getting lots of downloads. Hackers should be hacking not for downloads, but for creating enjoyment for both the hacking community and themselves.

Maybe "deleting" some repeated hacks like the "black hedgehog mania" with a 100 less downloads or 999-
    There are many repeated character with no downloads in the vault, you know some Sonics (nobody in this times download a sonic with shadow texture without vertex), marth (the same with sonic but with sephiroth, roys) textures, i think this is the only way to finish this, but is not a good idea for the new hackers.
    No, deleting hacks is a bad idea.  That could really offend some people.  Besides, we shouldn't worry about those repeat hacks that have already been made.  What's done is done.  We should worry about future repeat hacks and what we can do to encourage hackers to use more creativity.

JuanMKnight
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #100 on: January 04, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »

Im not in disagree with them, but the brawlvault logo says something for the hackers, you can see something, theres no new shadow textures today!! is a new record  Grin

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2011, 06:17:40 PM »

<_<

I think BrawlVault is kind of part of the problem. Before brawlvault everyone who wanted to share and show off their hacks had to make a thread. There was no download counter, people had to find decent hacks by scouring the forums and good hacks spread through word of mouth.

I kind of miss those days in a way, where everyone had to make a thread pretty much (unless you were on a team) and there was a lot more incentive to post constructive comments and criticisms as well. If you haven't noticed, most of these crappy Shadows that have been coming out lately are by people who don't post them around the forums; they don't want the feedback 'cuz they know what they're gonna hear. The quality hackers allow people to give them feedback and Brawlvault has kind of removed that in a way, it's given people a way to submit hacks without that worry of criticism.

The thing with Brawlvault, as soon as you go there, you seem "Top Downloaded Hacks." People want to be there, even if it's only for a few days just for the temporary feeling of popularity. And an easy way to get up there lately has been makin a Shadow, though thats only one way.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #102 on: January 04, 2011, 07:27:16 PM »

@BeyondYou
    I suppose that this lack of creativity is the price we pay for the ease of finding hacks with Brawl Vault.

Still, I don't see why people care so much for downloads.  DL's don't matter at all!  Making hacks that you are proud of is what really matters!

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2011, 08:05:08 PM »

ATM, the only two Shadow downloads on the Top 10 list are SDo0m's Shadow PSA and boot's "final" version of Shadow.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #104 on: January 04, 2011, 08:10:42 PM »

ATM, the only two Shadow downloads on the Top 10 list are SDo0m's Shadow PSA and boot's "final" version of Shadow.

But there's another one on the Top 20.

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: