Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: Thinking outside the (Brawl)Box, a message to KCMM hackers  (Read 53918 times)
Gamma Ridley
~Mercenary~
Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #75 on: January 03, 2011, 04:18:01 PM »

For your information, I haven't made a single fan-fiction of my character.

By the way, your sweeping generalization is wrong. Sure it may be a minority, but there are people who would play as a fan character, especially if they look good.

@Victory: If you made up a character, and made a texture or vertex of him, would you play as him? If so, you'd have a fan-character in your Brawl.

The only difference between fan-characters is who made them, what they look like, and how they are portrayed, in the end, they are all the same thing, fan-characters.

I think you interpreted it incorrectly. What they're saying is that nobody wants to use other peoples' fan characters.

Making a fan character is perfectly fine, but it's yours and yours alone, so most likely nobody else will share their interest in it with you.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: January 03, 2011, 04:36:19 PM »

For your information, I haven't made a single fan-fiction of my character.

By the way, your sweeping generalization is wrong. Sure it may be a minority, but there are people who would play as a fan character, especially if they look good.

@Victory: If you made up a character, and made a texture or vertex of him, would you play as him? If so, you'd have a fan-character in your Brawl.

The only difference between fan-characters is who made them, what they look like, and how they are portrayed, in the end, they are all the same thing, fan-characters.

I think you interpreted it incorrectly. What they're saying is that nobody wants to use other peoples' fan characters.

Making a fan character is perfectly fine, but it's yours and yours alone, so most likely nobody else will share their interest in it with you.

-and what I am saying is that sweeping generalization is literally wrong. That's just the majority of people. Wolfric proved it himself the possibility of such a minority...-however small.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2011, 04:44:14 PM »

-and what I am saying is that sweeping generalization is literally wrong. That's just the majority of people. Wolfric proved it himself the possibility of such a minority...-however small.

Well of course there is a minority, but for the most part there really is nobody who cares about them. :|

I'm not saying people shouldn't make fancharacters; anyone can make anything that they want.

It's important to remember, however, that this is a public forum, and that posting said fancharacter is just cluttering up the place.

I dunno, those are just my thoughts.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: January 03, 2011, 04:46:18 PM »

Well of course there is a minority, but for the most part there really is nobody who cares about them. :|

I'm not saying people shouldn't make fancharacters; anyone can make anything that they want.

It's important to remember, however, that this is a public forum, and that posting said fancharacter is just cluttering up the place.

I dunno, those are just my thoughts.

Well it really annoys me when someone says something and makes it sound as though it's an absolute fact. >_>

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »

Well it really annoys me when someone says something and makes it sound as though it's an absolute fact. >_>

I understand. Who's to say what's fact and what's fiction?

But then again, this whole fancharacter and Shadow fiasco is a harsh reality we kinda have to face. :|

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: January 03, 2011, 05:11:51 PM »

I guess you are right.  However, I would not upload said fancharacter on the Vault, as I would know that no one would DL it.

Making fancharacters is cool and all, and, hey, you can do whatever you want to do in your free time.  I'm just saying that uploading fancharacters to the Vault is unusual and, quite frankly, a little annoying.

SSJCerious
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: January 03, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »

I understand. Who's to say what's fact and what's fiction?

But then again, this whole fancharacter and Shadow fiasco is a harsh reality we kinda have to face. :|
    Harsh reality? Wow....i know there no need for so much of the same thing, and I sure as hell dont like it, but its not that bad. If you dont like it, dont download.

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
    Central Thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

JuanMKnight
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #82 on: January 03, 2011, 05:20:51 PM »

I can imagine this: when shadow get his vertexed eyes or his white shoes with no blue light, another new war of shadows return to the vault..

I finish creating my own "texture" on shadow (more red, black!!!!). but i never gonna post the character here!!.... bcz there are many shadows...   Im srs here

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: January 03, 2011, 05:43:25 PM »

If I were going to make a Perfect Shadow texture, It would have extremely realistic fur, meaning the skin would literally look like a bunch of needles packed together rather than the streamline look.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #84 on: January 03, 2011, 05:45:31 PM »

If I were going to make a Perfect Shadow texture, It would have extremely realistic fur, meaning the skin would literally look like a bunch of needles packed together rather than the streamline look.
    I would actually be OK with that, because I would know that it would take a fair amount of work to make that hack.  All of these recent Shadow's though, they're little more then minor edits to existing textures and vertex hacks. Im srs here

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »

Harsh reality? Wow....i know there no need for so much of the same thing, and I sure as hell dont like it, but its not that bad. If you dont like it, dont download.

Sorry, I have a tendency to overexaggerate things from time to time. ^_^;

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #86 on: January 03, 2011, 07:00:34 PM »

In total agreement.  I went away for months because I was getting so bored with the drudgery and hoped when I came back I would find a bunch of amazing stuff... But no.  The hard truth is creativity is just more time consuming.

BUT [censored] IF I SEE ANOTHER CLOUD OR SHADOW...

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #87 on: January 03, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »

I hate how people say something and want to make it look like a fact.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5868
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5490
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15041
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=14185
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=14388
    Those are all fan made characters (Or most), and they HAVE downloads, there are more, but those are the ones I remember seeing before.
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:05:32 PM by Wolfric » Logged

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: January 03, 2011, 07:11:26 PM »

I hate how people say something and want to make it look like a fact.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5868
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5490
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15041
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=14185
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=14388
    Those are all fan made characters (Or most), and they HAVE downloads, there are more, but those are the ones I remember seeing before.

Um, most of those are barely downloaded at all.  In fact, the only two that have any decent amount of downloads have been available for months.  Sure, they have some downloads, so I guess that some people care about them, but when you compare these hacks to ones of non-fancharacters, you'll see that the the non-fancharacters have far more downloads, meaning that far more people want them in their hacked Brawls.

hughie
    Special Access

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #89 on: January 04, 2011, 05:16:28 AM »

not impressed

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11147

This guy is downloaded because he looks cool.

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: