Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Okay, so I've got access to the Resources Tab now. Could someone bring up all the dead links that were reported here? (I already fixed the Photoshop thing)

October 18, 2013, 08:49:16 PM #6286 Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:08:39 PM by Akeno-san
Quote from: Albafika on October 18, 2013, 02:48:31 AM
Okay, so I've got access to the Resources Tab now. Could someone bring up all the dead links that were reported here? (I already fixed the Photoshop thing)
There you go :
Code Manager
GCT Edit
File Patch Code 3.5.1
Bin2jpg
THP Play 1.5




I'll edit this post when I'll find more...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

October 18, 2013, 11:01:48 PM #6287 Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:19:05 PM by Albafika
Quote from: Akeno-san on October 18, 2013, 08:49:16 PM
There you go :
Code Manager
GCT Edit
File Patch Code 3.5.1
Bin2jpg
THP Play 1.5




I'll edit this post when I'll find more...
Thanks. I couldn't find GCTEdit anywhere! This was so annoying. Most links of Brawl Modding programs were dead! In the end, we'll have to host most of them to make sure they never die again. I spent an hour finding all the programs to host them!

I just need some trivial things now, like an icon for Super Sawndz that differs from this Sawndz icon:


And to know if we need to remove or add to the Resources. I am removing NeoGamma from it, for example.

It ain't much, but I hope this is okay:


If you would like one for the online rel converter, just say.

And a side note, do we really need the direct x link in the resources? Nowadays, the direct x update is include when installing the 3ds and blender.

Quote from: Scout on October 18, 2013, 11:47:00 PM
It ain't much, but I hope this is okay:


If you would like one for the online rel converter, just say.

And a side note, do we really need the direct x link in the resources? Nowadays, the direct x update is include when installing the 3ds and blender.
Thanks! We can use this on the time being! And yes, one for the Rel Converter would be nice, too.

And, well, Direct X is needed for BrawlBox. Not every BrawlBox user gets Blender/3ds, so it wouldn't hurt to keep it there. :P

Quote from: Albafika on October 18, 2013, 11:01:48 PM
Thanks. I couldn't find GCTEdit anywhere! This was so annoying. Most links of Brawl Modding programs were dead! In the end, we'll have to host most of them to make sure they never die again. I spent an hour finding all the programs to host them!

I just need some trivial things now, like an icon for Super Sawndz that differs from this Sawndz icon:


And to know if we need to remove or add to the Resources. I am removing NeoGamma from it, for example.
You're welcome! These have been really helpful for me! It was normal to give them a new DL!
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.


October 19, 2013, 01:45:34 AM #6292 Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:02:51 PM by Albafika
Quote from: Akeno-san on October 19, 2013, 12:10:38 AM
You're welcome! These have been really helpful for me! It was normal to give them a new DL!
I was only missing the GCTEdit from those, though, as I decided to look for the legit downloads of everything to make sure nothing is missing. :P

Quote from: Scout on October 19, 2013, 01:14:43 AM


This is for the online .rel converter.
Thanks! We'll be using this. :)

EDIT: Page has been updated.

October 20, 2013, 09:58:34 PM #6293 Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:02:07 PM by FitDarkPika00.pcs
why didn't I think about doing this before >.<
thanx for inviting me Albafika :)

I'd already posted this in my resource box since JackH wasn't responding to my multiple PMs of how that wasn't the right version... heh
I think this is the fixed patch as well (please inform me if not) ;)







HexEdit Pro 4.0 - A professional hex editor, built by Andrew, with template support and many more features used for viewing and testing the data structures of a file.
For more information, go to http://hexeditpro.com
HexEdit Pro 4.0 patch - A patch by Tcll which removes the regestration popup dialog.
NOTE: Install HexEdit Pro 4.0 first before applying the patch.
If you are able to afford the registration, please show your respects to Andrew.
the downloads are DB for backup when Andrew makes an update.


EDIT:
for a few templates I've worked on: (some of which color-highlight the data)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=27625.msg567357#msg567357

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

So, what's our position on this kind of hacks?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34713

According to vault pack rules, there needs to be content by the author. I don't know if it has, will check soon. Also it says they should include a ReadMe, doesn't have one on the root. And also should be SD ready, is not.

The thing is, I don't even know if this qualifies as a pack or what, so I ask what other staff members  think.

While we are at it, what about this kind of hack? Since we have that .rel thingy on resources and stuff.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34715

Reported the 1st hack by saying to not upload hacks that don't belong to him, as this also breaks the rules...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 21, 2013, 03:13:40 AM
Reported the 1st hack by saying to not upload hacks that don't belong to him, as this also breaks the rules...
It actually doesn't, plagiarism does. But he clearly states they aren't his and credits and collabs the authors. That's why I was hesitant to do something, and will wait to see others' opinions.

Quote from: Iwvi on October 21, 2013, 03:15:59 AM
It actually doesn't, plagiarism does. But he clearly states they aren't his and credits and collabs the authors. That's why I was hesitant to do something, and will wait to see others' opinions.
I see. Then could you remove my report, then? I feel like it's invalid after seeing your comment...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 21, 2013, 03:20:13 AM
I see. Then could you remove my report, then? I feel like it's invalid after seeing your comment...
The report is not there though. The uploader or someone else removed it. Or you reported some other hack :P

Quote from: Iwvi on October 21, 2013, 03:09:49 AM
So, what&#039;s our position on this kind of hacks?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34713

According to vault pack rules, there needs to be content by the author. I don&#039;t know if it has, will check soon. Also it says they should include a ReadMe, doesn&#039;t have one on the root. And also should be SD ready, is not.

The thing is, I don&#039;t even know if this qualifies as a pack or what, so I ask what other staff members&nbsp; think.

Honestly, I think these are unnecessary. If it really doesn't contain his own content, I think it should be removed. If it does, then I think a report on how he set up the hack would be in order.

Quote from: Iwvi on October 21, 2013, 03:09:49 AM
So, what's our position on this kind of hacks?
While we are at it, what about this kind of hack? Since we have that .rel thingy on resources and stuff.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34715

Well, since this was already done by Segtendo, I deleted it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5851

Seggy's made .rel packs for many other stages as well. Some guy also made a .rel pack for all stages. Furthermore, I have a topic that contains all stage module files. Wait, there's more! We have a module converter for NTSC and PAL users in the resources, like you said. Rel packs are also unnecessary, the way I see it.

Maybe a question like this should be posted somewhere else next time. :P