Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

October 21, 2013, 07:48:39 AM #6300 Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:52:20 AM by パンドラのハート
Quote from: Iwvi on October 21, 2013, 03:09:49 AM
So, what's our position on this kind of hacks?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34713

According to vault pack rules, there needs to be content by the author. I don't know if it has, will check soon. Also it says they should include a ReadMe, doesn't have one on the root. And also should be SD ready, is not.

The thing is, I don't even know if this qualifies as a pack or what, so I ask what other staff members  think.
In my opinion, it shouldn't be there. It's merely a pack of 3 three hacks he didn't make or even alter, so it's basically re-uploading someone else's work (even if it's "with permission"). I say it should go.

And to add to this, he even made a "Xemnas pack" without asking Aafyre for permissions...
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34709

So basically every hack this user uploaded has an issue? All sound files have the preview reported, and all not sound files aren't really his or valid packs.


October 22, 2013, 12:20:26 AM #6303 Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:22:20 AM by Scout
Yeah I just reported to that... I though it had a broken image until i saw that on the top left corner of the screen O.O

That makes the report I did false report? Or is it legit??

Quote from: Scout on October 22, 2013, 12:20:26 AM
Yeah I just reported to that... I though it had a broken image until i saw that on the top left corner of the screen O.O

That makes the report I did false report? Or is it legit??

In my perspective, it's false because no such thing happens on my end.

Unless someone was nice enough to fix it.

Da fuq is going on with your computer, BJ?

It's fine on my end.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



I'm having a problem when I click on any stage to see their hacks. When I click on Battlefield, for example, shows that is loading and then a message appears with the name: Problem.

Quote from: Deckete on October 24, 2013, 07:56:47 PM
I'm having a problem when I click on any stage to see their hacks. When I click on Battlefield, for example, shows that is loading and then a message appears with the name: Problem.
.-.

Disable Safe Search and enable Facebook.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


I think that message should still display on the Brawlvault page itself, seeing that it's gone from the forum now.

For Pete's sake, people still have trouble with this, just the one week I remove the header?

Quote from: パンドラのハート on October 24, 2013, 08:54:26 PM
I think that message should still display on the Brawlvault page itself, seeing that it's gone from the forum now.
Pretty sure we can't do that.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on October 24, 2013, 10:20:15 PM
For Pete's sake, people still have trouble with this, just the one week I remove the header?
Pretty sure we can't do that.
People posted here asking about it frequently, even while the nessage was up there.

Quote from: FitDarkPika00.pcs on October 20, 2013, 09:58:34 PM
why didn't I think about doing this before >.<
thanx for inviting me Albafika :)

I'd already posted this in my resource box since JackH wasn't responding to my multiple PMs of how that wasn't the right version... heh
I think this is the fixed patch as well (please inform me if not) ;)







HexEdit Pro 4.0 - A professional hex editor, built by Andrew, with template support and many more features used for viewing and testing the data structures of a file.
For more information, go to http://hexeditpro.com
HexEdit Pro 4.0 patch - A patch by Tcll which removes the regestration popup dialog.
NOTE: Install HexEdit Pro 4.0 first before applying the patch.
If you are able to afford the registration, please show your respects to Andrew.
the downloads are DB for backup when Andrew makes an update.


EDIT:
for a few templates I've worked on: (some of which color-highlight the data)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=27625.msg567357#msg567357
this seems to have gone unnoticed... >.>

no comment on it, and am still not seeing it in the resources <_<

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

we're STILL getting that complaints about "problem" [censored]? its been asked on the IRC too and some of the noobs even think they need a facebook acount rofl.  I think we should put an image of that area with BIG text saying "match this below" so they know to make it match the image