Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1837859 times)
Kienamaru
Brawl Minus Developer
Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3750 on: June 24, 2012, 06:02:10 PM »

Thats the only way I ever thought of it... and Thany you arent well known? Hm, I knew about you for a while now. Also, I agree with the guy above you. I only released my first two psas yesterday morning and they aren't that big. I would like to be acknowledged by the creator if they use something of mine as a base, but I don't care about credit or permission. Not like they make money from it.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Pin Collector Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3751 on: June 24, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »

And just as everyone was discussing what constitutes plagiarism..
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27178

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3752 on: June 24, 2012, 06:22:50 PM »

Is he taking credit for the hacks or not?

"Well first off,I did not create non of these hacks"

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3753 on: June 24, 2012, 06:26:58 PM »

(modified, Sorry, i fail at quoting... deleted too much. The below was said by Asf1nk)

These edits took merely a few seconds to make. I just don't see the effort on this type of submissions.
    In the other hand we have stuff like this:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26180
    It makes me very happy to know, that someone took what I made and made it his "own," in a way that you can see the time and effort he put into it as compared to the other edits. It's basically still a somewhat "simple" edit, but it barely resembles to what the base hack was.

Wait a sec...  AsF, you made something similar to that? That strap was my idea heheh, feels good to be complimented on that, even though the only reason a triforce is there is because the full word couldnt fit.

A little more about the packs, I wanna touch on this area.

I support them due to the fact that they actually take a crap load of time to work on, set up, and compile. You have to search EVERYTHING in the vault and pick out the stuff that you are looking for... are sure it works... and know that others would like the convenience of finding all the downloads in one area. I have a pack with literally hundreds of downloads of content, likely enough to almost fill an entire SD, and when i finally complete it, im gonna continue to improve it by making psas, and a few friends of mine are making csps, recolors, bps, and stock icons for each character. That custom strap was made for this pack.

I suggest we handle packs this way if people cant upload them...

Make an entire section devoted to them. how we have... Attacks and animations, textures and vertexing. etc. We need... Hack packs. We could post our thread and instead of uploading peoples work we simply use their upload links in our post. Ill post an example in a few minutes.

As for sligt css or csp edits, I approve of those as well. When some characters are just plain bad people need them replaced. And if they only use a certain few characters so be it. Works PERFECT for friends who got someone into brawl hacking and they wanna be sure to have the same content.
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:28:58 PM by Kienamaru » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #3754 on: June 24, 2012, 06:47:31 PM »

My only beef with the hack packs is that your putting together others' hacks, even with proper credit. Sure, they're useful for the new people, but in the long run, they aren't really worth it, seeing as the hacks are just a big pack of other peoples' work.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3755 on: June 24, 2012, 06:56:44 PM »

which is why i suggested a Pack (board?). That way we are literally just organizing other peoples stuff. They get all the download counts and we get nothing. But in the end, we all win because we made it convenient.

Also, how do you get a custom title?! Like yours says Phantom Detecrive or something.
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:58:22 PM by Kienamaru » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #3756 on: June 24, 2012, 07:00:47 PM »

which is why i suggested a Pack (board?). That way we are literally just organizing other peoples stuff. They get all the download counts and we get nothing. But in the end, we all win because we made it convenient.
    Ehh. I'm not sure about that.
    Also, how do you get a custom title?! Like yours says Phantom Detecrive or something.
    Off-topic for a sec, but I got it cuz I was a mod.

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3757 on: June 24, 2012, 07:08:04 PM »

I have another theory, how about the authors of hacks start calling their hacks the "Authentic" or "Original" hacks whenever a copy appears. If people are more willing to download the "real" hack, then that will discourage those who submit stuff without actually changing anything in the hacks. I mean, why upload stuff if its not gonna get any downloads right?

The authors could also call them "Official"

It could be a way to divert people away from the copied stuff, and download the stuff from the actual people who make their own hacks.

Edit: just realized that the people who upload copied stuff can do this too Tongue, now if only there were some way to get official recognition for hacks (like a tag of sorts), and copied stuff couldnt.
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:10:00 PM by Thundaga_T2 » Logged

Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
    Check out our music request thread here

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3758 on: June 24, 2012, 07:08:13 PM »

Oh okay, sorry. I didnt know Neku was also Modlike. But what do you not know about that?

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #3759 on: June 24, 2012, 07:53:47 PM »

@Thany

What happened to you was actual plagiarism. What I'm talking about is people crying plagiarism because they were not asked permission. Being asked permission, and getting recognized are not the same thing, and have nothing to do with each other. Actually If someone edits your hack, I think It should be taken as a complement, because It means they thought your hack was good enough to be used as a base.

This is a good point. I'd like to add that most people who do "small edits" are only doing so because they don't know how to more advanced stuff. Of course there are people out there with malicious intent, but not most people. Most of the time these are just people who discovered Brawl hacking, and thought It would be nice to make It a new hobby for them. They're not these evil little trolls who are plotting away at their computer to steal from hackers, they just want to have fun. To take that away from them just because you weren't asked permission is just selfish and, to me at least, evil. And you're more or less doing to them what you think they did to you. Most people who make edits aren't out to steal anyone's thunder, the thought of plagiarism probably doesn't even cross their mind. They're just thinking, "Oh I'll just use this model to make my fan character" or whatever.

Here's another reason why they would edit someone's hack: convenience. If someone wants to make a change or recolor to something not already in Brawl, It's makes little to no sense to do everything from scratch If a model or base made by someone else already exists. All they want to do is make a small change or a recolor or whatever, so why should they be forced to make an entirely new model just for that?

I just don't understand why receiving credit, recognition, for your work isn't enough for some people. Why is getting asked permission so important that It's an absolute necessity for certain people?

Again, there is nothing wrong with doing the edits you want, so long as it's private. That's not the issue here, It hurts no one when you do it privately. The issue is that when they get submitted in the vault, they affect negatively other people's work. Even myself have edited other people's hacks to adjust them to my liking, but you don't see me submitting them to the vault; It is unnecessary.

Wait a sec...  AsF, you made something similar to that? That strap was my idea heheh, feels good to be complimented on that, even though the only reason a triforce is there is because the full word couldnt fit.

^This is exactly what I'm talking about.

I rest my case...

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #3760 on: June 24, 2012, 07:59:20 PM »

The issue is that when they get submitted in the vault, they affect negatively other people's work. Even myself have edited other people's hacks to adjust them to my liking, but you don't see me submitting them to the vault; It is unnecessary.
    What about recolor packs?

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #3761 on: June 24, 2012, 08:04:17 PM »

What about recolor packs?

I think that there are 2 different recolor "packs"

one is when someone makes recolors when the original creator different (like half of the PSA's released on the vault)

and there is recolors that people make when they dont like the originals in a way

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #3762 on: June 24, 2012, 08:09:07 PM »

Custom Titles
    Custom titles are additional text that appear just under a user's name in message displays and profile summaries. Only mods, admins, KC:MM team members, BV staff, and Special Access members can set a custom title. Special Access is granted only to former staff members (who left on good terms) and to this user for helping us out of a financial bind.
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:10:58 PM by Vyse » Logged

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3763 on: June 24, 2012, 08:17:34 PM »

That explains it. Neku just keeps getting more and more awesome. Well, goodnight guys. I dont wanna die. Ill try and think of somethin to help packers tomorrow.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3764 on: June 24, 2012, 10:58:02 PM »

So, concerning Packs, what's the current standing? We've got to take so much into consideration, acknowledging, either by crediting the original hacker or collaborating him/her (If it's decided they can make others collab the for their work), that they are allowed to submit their Packs so long as it includes complementing stuff?

EDIT:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p01chjw1j1k4zuz/AZRp61RZfT

This should have those. I've pestered vyse and co to add this to the resources page, but alas...
    Just tried both and links from the resources, one links to Mediafire, the other to Smashboards. These must be fixed.
    « Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:13:42 AM by Albafika » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: