Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions

Started by ピカノ, January 06, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Alfadibika on July 13, 2012, 02:07:44 AM
Is it SERIOUSLY a simple .REL port? I don't wanna have this guy restricted forever if it's not.
Yes. It is a .rel port. I downloaded it to make sure, and I can confirm that it is a .rel port.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

The description says that some moves were fixed.  Now, does this mean that they originally didn't work or they did but not for the port without the fix?  I mean, if they actually updated the hack then a case could be made for it not being blatant theft.

are we not allowed to post .rel ports anymore? i thought if we credit the people we can post it.

Quote from: Victory Badguy on July 13, 2012, 02:20:06 AM
The description says that some moves were fixed.  Now, does this mean that they originally didn't work or they did but not for the port without the fix?  I mean, if they actually updated the hack then a case could be made for it not being blatant theft.
it sounds like a lot of hooplah it was edited just for the .rel port
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on July 13, 2012, 02:22:18 AM
are we not allowed to post .rel ports anymore? i thought if we credit the people we can post it.
It's being debated.  I'm not quite sure if any consensus has been reached, but it seems like most people are leaning towards "no ports".

Quote from: Victory Badguy on July 13, 2012, 02:20:06 AM
The description says that some moves were fixed.  Now, does this mean that they originally didn't work or they did but not for the port without the fix?  I mean, if they actually updated the hack then a case could be made for it not being blatant theft.
Yes, you are right. And the uploader did change a few moves...You can now claim my post as invalid...
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

i see. I think that ports shoudl eb released if

a) the person gets credit from everyone
b) the person reports teh gltcihes
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on July 13, 2012, 02:22:18 AM
are we not allowed to post .rel ports anymore? i thought if we credit the people we can post it.
it sounds like a lot of hooplah it was edited just for the .rel port

This is how I feel with .rels

Quote
    o THIS INCLUDES MINOR EDITS TO OTHERS' WORK. If you copy what someone has written and superficially change a few words, it's still plagiarism; the same concept applies here. For example, creating a night/rain/snow version of someone's stage or changing a character's shirt from green to blue and releasing it on your own is plagiarism. If you want edits like this to be public, you may send screenshots and a download link to the creator and let him decide if he would like to upload it to his Vault, with him crediting you instead of you crediting him for everything but the five minutes of work you put into your edit.•Make sure you have working preview pictures when submitting your creation. In-game pictures are not strictly necessary, but make sure your previews clearly show the majority of your changes. People who repeatedly submit things without working previews will be temporarily banned from submitting.
   
Now, wouldn't .rel ports go under that catagory? If I recall, someone here mentioned that .rels are pretty easy to do. (assuming there aren't floating points used.) basically, I think it should be opposite if what's up there at the top of this post.

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on July 13, 2012, 02:25:31 AM
Yes, you are right. And the uploader did change a few moves...You can now claim my post as invalid...
Oh, so it is different?  Well, that clears things up.  Guess it's OK.

??? I don't understand? So rel ports are allowed even if small edits are made (like a move change?) ?

We established straight .REL ports were forbidden. This guy did more than just .REL porting, so it seems, so it's staying.

It needs no more discussion.

Quote from: Azai on July 13, 2012, 02:32:59 AM
??? I don't understand? So rel ports are allowed even if small edits are made (like a move change?) ?

No one has the patience to count the amount of edits made.

That seems like it would make sense. I agree with your logic, Wolfric.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Ok is it me or does anyone else have a problem when browsing hacks?

I keep getting a Problem: Unknown
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509


Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on July 13, 2012, 03:31:16 AM
Ok is it me or does anyone else have a problem when browsing hacks?

I keep getting a Problem: Unknown

I'm getting that problem too :/

yes I am getting that too
My youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIZiiqCTRpJzGerDPthk_BQ

My Twitter
https://twitter.com/jnernerman


Add me on video games and stuffs
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.