KH2/FF7/DIS Sephiroth V5.1 and FF8: Diablos V1, FFX/DIS Tidus V1.05 fixed issues

Started by DivineOverlord, February 09, 2011, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Hollow on July 13, 2011, 12:20:27 PM
The wing goes on his right side.

I know, which is why the left one must be the animated one, because when you switch him to left handed, the wing will also switch sides.
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Hollow, it says it right there XD
Quote from: Tormod on July 13, 2011, 12:16:06 PM
And in that file I animated the left wing because then it ends up on the right side when you make him left handed.

Quote from: Cloudy on June 24, 2011, 03:34:18 AMI like this for Fair: I suggested this one as Nair before, too: That for Bair? I'm not too sure...
Here's the Fair I suggested. I finally found it. :P The attack is faster than how the GIF shows, I slowed it so it can be seen. lol

Feedback:

And I agree with Data. for the weak version, add the Octaslash that Hollow did (Fast Octaslash, and a single Fsmash), if you don't have the file, I have it, so let me know.

Aerial Side B: Can't it be made so that he stays still after it, he shouldn't be sliding forward after doing it.

Grab: He kinda lookd odd when he misses grabbing, can't it be made to look as it was, and if he does grabs, to lift the sword up, then?

Down Air: Can't it be made so that you can move to the left or right as before? Right now it's working just like Toon Link's, not like the actual  attack works.

Down Throw: We all suggested the opponent doesn't flies, instead, stays on the floor like Snake does with his Down Throw, it'd be nice if it was implemented.

The Pivot Grab is still a normal Grab (Hand grabbing), check on that.

Up B (Heaven's Light) needs to go up a bit less than Marth's, but with more horizontal reach, also, it needs startup, and needs to slowly go up, like in Dissidia.

yo zedkiel, the jump to hell's gate has been added. you best be working on editing the sfx more yo. XD

also DO, when you get the chance, can you edit the d-air (Hell's gate) to make it only pop up one sfx instead of many sfx? (it's for xZedkiel's sake he loves Sephiroth's dissidia quotes) so what i'm saying is, can you make d-air only make one sfx come up?) xzedkiel wants to edit it so sephiroth can say ("To the Promised Land")

and for the adding sfx through psa for d-air, could you make it be

SFX ID - 0698 = Wave2 (i know it's a short sound) BUT...when this version of sawndz releases
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=22464.0

sfx hacks by then will be UNLIMITED long. by then, xzedkiel will be able to edit the sfx to make Sephiroth say "To the Promised Land" so yeah. can you handle this task DO? (the sfx id work)

I have a couple more questions regarding my inevitable revamp of the vertex. Since he'll want to end up being left-handed, should I start from the model that Tormod just uploaded? (has it been altered at all?) Or is that process done entirely through the fitmarth/motionetc files?

Also, this is a very minor question, but is it possible to change the color of his wing for different color slots? If I were to make a Kingdom Hearts version, he has kind of a blue-ish wing. If that's not possible, I don't think anyone would mind him having a black wing.

Quote from: Cloudy on July 13, 2011, 12:52:37 PM

And I agree with Data. for the weak version, add the Octaslash that Hollow did (Fast Octaslash, and a single Fsmash), if you don't have the file, I have it, so let me know.
Well, honestly what he needs is the fast Octoslash, I'm actually fine with the current set up, since that's actually how Aaf wanted it, the three levels of charge. And the first two have no kill power at all, actually. His second charge is only good for combos.

But the final charge, since it take a pretty good bit to fully charge, it should be a faster version of Octoslash, with the sour spot being able to kill also (not as well as the tip though)... But... Maybe it can still have major end lag? So there's some risk in using it...?


Quote from: Cloudy on July 13, 2011, 12:52:37 PM
Aerial Side B: Can't it be made so that he stays still after it, he shouldn't be sliding forward after doing it.
Yeah, I agree here actually. He needs to stay still after the dash. This would balance it out a bit more.

Quote from: Cloudy on July 13, 2011, 12:52:37 PM
Down Air: Can't it be made so that you can move to the left or right as before? Right now it's working just like Toon Link's, not like the actual attack works.
Hm... Yeah, that would be nice if possible. However I feel he would also need as much end lag as he really has in Dissidia if this was done. Since the short hopped version would let him bounce all over the place.

Quote from: Cloudy on July 13, 2011, 12:52:37 PM

Down Throw: We all suggested the opponent doesn't flies, instead, stays on the floor like Snake does with his Down Throw, it'd be nice if it was implemented.

The Pivot Grab is still a normal Grab (Hand grabbing), check on that.
Hm... This could be interesting, it would give that grab another purpose. And actually add more to his arsenal.

And yeah, before this is 100% finished, he needs a dash turn grab.


Quote from: Cloudy on July 13, 2011, 12:52:37 PM
Up B (Heaven's Light) needs to go up a bit less than Marth's, but with more horizontal reach, also, it needs startup, and needs to slowly go up, like in Dissidia.
Yeah, also all parts of the blade having the same power. I feel this would truly make him more balanced, and unique. Since right now, he has a better recovery then most of the cast. And as such a "Jack of all Trades" Sephiroth is. He needs a weakness of some kind.

Quote from: Aafyre on July 13, 2011, 03:59:39 PM
I have a couple more questions regarding my inevitable revamp of the vertex. Since he'll want to end up being left-handed, should I start from the model that Tormod just uploaded? (has it been altered at all?) Or is that process done entirely through the fitmarth/motionetc files?

Also, this is a very minor question, but is it possible to change the color of his wing for different color slots? If I were to make a Kingdom Hearts version, he has kind of a blue-ish wing. If that's not possible, I don't think anyone would mind him having a black wing.

yeah that's possible. You can recolor the wing texture in the FitMarth.pac file to any color.....(looks over feedback and found one that was pretty good idea) I like the idea of a faster Octoslash for the full charge. I won't allow his charging to be changed though (in regards to side smash) since I think it's perfectly fine................oh and the grab animations that tormod made can be edited but yeaaa I'm taking a break from sephy till I have interest in working on him again XD (can happen today or any day  8) )
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


Quote from: Cloudy on July 13, 2011, 12:52:37 PM

Grab: He kinda lookd odd when he misses grabbing, can't it be made to look as it was, and if he does grabs, to lift the sword up, then?
Yes, it is like that to make the catch have a smooth transition to the catchwait animation. It also probably looks wierd because it was designed to transition into the wait animation that I made. It can be changed. The upward movement can  be put into the catch wait animation as long as it is long enough so that it doesn't loop back. although then every time he attacks it will move the sword upwards like hes catching someone afterwards unless you keep attacking.. this will have to be played around with a bit.

Quote from: Aafyre on July 13, 2011, 03:59:39 PM
I have a couple more questions regarding my inevitable revamp of the vertex. Since he'll want to end up being left-handed, should I start from the model that Tormod just uploaded? (has it been altered at all?) Or is that process done entirely through the fitmarth/motionetc files?

Also, this is a very minor question, but is it possible to change the color of his wing for different color slots? If I were to make a Kingdom Hearts version, he has kind of a blue-ish wing. If that's not possible, I don't think anyone would mind him having a black wing.
Yes it would save someone the trouble of having to rehex everything if you worked from this model  :D
I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Quote from: DivineOverlord on July 13, 2011, 06:31:54 PM
yeah that's possible. You can recolor the wing texture in the FitMarth.pac file to any color.....(looks over feedback and found one that was pretty good idea) I like the idea of a faster Octoslash for the full charge. I won't allow his charging to be changed though (in regards to side smash) since I think it's perfectly fine................oh and the grab animations that tormod made can be edited but yeaaa I'm taking a break from sephy till I have interest in working on him again XD

uh if your taking break then...hollow? tormod?, guess it's time for your parts. XD

Quote from: Hackingstar on July 13, 2011, 07:10:06 PM
uh if your taking break then...hollow? tormod?, guess it's time for your parts. XD

yeah but i can fix the throws trajectory and flight distance tonight while having his down throw leave the character on the ground instead of launching them.
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


ok then, but if by then after you've done your parts and your taking your break (which you deserve XD), then hollow and tormod...that's when you'll come in i guess XD

Okay, and will all that hexing to reverse his model desync wifi? I'd also like to make a version that can be played normally, without desyncing wifi or requiring a PSA

Quote from: DivineOverlord on July 13, 2011, 07:11:47 PM
yeah but i can fix the throws trajectory and flight distance tonight while having his down throw leave the character on the ground instead of launching them.
Sounds good to me. However, is it possible to make Sephiroth be able to move while using down air? Or is that not possible with the fact he goes upward now? Like I said though, this would need end lag like in Dissidia.

Although if this isn't possible, I like Hell's Gate the way it is now, but it would be nice to have it controllable.

And for some of the other changes... Maybe Hollow can do them?


Quote from: Aafyre on July 13, 2011, 07:31:17 PM
Okay, and will all that hexing to reverse his model desync wifi? I'd also like to make a version that can be played normally, without desyncing wifi or requiring a PSA
It would likely desync. However, you can hex your vertexing onto a Wifi safe model I think...

Although, if you want his hair to be made from his cape. That will need bone editing... Which is not Wifi safe.

But you could make a version that doesn't need a PSA. Just be hexing the vertex sets on a normal model.


Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on July 13, 2011, 05:30:40 PM
Well, honestly what he needs is the fast Octoslash, I'm actually fine with the current set up, since that's actually how Aaf wanted it, the three levels of charge. And the first two have no kill power at all, actually. His second charge is only good for combos.

But the final charge, since it take a pretty good bit to fully charge, it should be a faster version of Octoslash, with the sour spot being able to kill also (not as well as the tip though)... But... Maybe it can still have major end lag? So there's some risk in using it...?

It's just, right now it feels more like Marth's Side B (Not as a Fsmash) whose purpose is to only add damage to the attack when fully charged. Having Octaslash when fully charged is already too much, and now having a second one in middle charge? This gives Sephiroth too much punishing choices and unpredictable things, if we want to balance him out, it needs to be as it was before (Hollow's) as well as the time it takes to charge, it can't have a Smash' charge normal time considering how powerful Octaslash is.