KH2/FF7/DIS Sephiroth V5.1 and FF8: Diablos V1, FFX/DIS Tidus V1.05 fixed issues

Started by DivineOverlord, February 09, 2011, 10:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I still think the squashy shrinking animation's a bit silly compared to a simple teleport like mewtwo/dark emperor ganondorf. I'd even prefer the regular dodge Marth has. But that's just me talking, I don't think any one else agrees

Quote from: Link3Kokiri on February 14, 2011, 06:56:50 PM
I still think the squashy shrinking animation's a bit silly compared to a simple teleport like mewtwo/dark emperor ganondorf. I'd even prefer the regular dodge Marth has. But that's just me talking, I don't think any one else agrees
Well, I have problems with the dodge too, sometimes it works oddly... Like, try using an attack while doing it, you'll slide with some moves, like a DACUS, except not limited to an up smash.

...I wonder though... Can the old dodge style be brought back without the staying invisible glitch? I know that Mewtwo PSA doesn't have it... Maybe SDoom, DO, Hollow, or BBB can look into it?

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on February 14, 2011, 07:05:54 PM
Quote from: Link3Kokiri on February 14, 2011, 06:56:50 PM
I still think the squashy shrinking animation's a bit silly compared to a simple teleport like mewtwo/dark emperor ganondorf. I'd even prefer the regular dodge Marth has. But that's just me talking, I don't think any one else agrees
Well, I have problems with the dodge too, sometimes it works oddly... Like, try using an attack while doing it, you'll slide with some moves, like a DACUS, except not limited to an up smash.

...I wonder though... Can the old dodge style be brought back without the staying invisible glitch? I know that Mewtwo PSA doesn't have it... Maybe SDoom, DO, Hollow, or BBB can look into it?

The reason for the animation is to avoid the invisible glitch. Sorry, but I don't like turning characters invisible in dodges.

Quote from: Hollow on February 14, 2011, 09:22:23 PM
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on February 14, 2011, 07:05:54 PM
Quote from: Link3Kokiri on February 14, 2011, 06:56:50 PM
I still think the squashy shrinking animation's a bit silly compared to a simple teleport like mewtwo/dark emperor ganondorf. I'd even prefer the regular dodge Marth has. But that's just me talking, I don't think any one else agrees
Well, I have problems with the dodge too, sometimes it works oddly... Like, try using an attack while doing it, you'll slide with some moves, like a DACUS, except not limited to an up smash.

...I wonder though... Can the old dodge style be brought back without the staying invisible glitch? I know that Mewtwo PSA doesn't have it... Maybe SDoom, DO, Hollow, or BBB can look into it?

The reason for the animation is to avoid the invisible glitch. Sorry, but I don't like turning characters invisible in dodges.
Yeah but, there's some coding you can use to stop that glitch... I think SDoom one time said something about it.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on February 14, 2011, 09:48:22 PM
Quote from: Hollow on February 14, 2011, 09:22:23 PM
Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on February 14, 2011, 07:05:54 PM
Quote from: Link3Kokiri on February 14, 2011, 06:56:50 PM
I still think the squashy shrinking animation's a bit silly compared to a simple teleport like mewtwo/dark emperor ganondorf. I'd even prefer the regular dodge Marth has. But that's just me talking, I don't think any one else agrees
Well, I have problems with the dodge too, sometimes it works oddly... Like, try using an attack while doing it, you'll slide with some moves, like a DACUS, except not limited to an up smash.

...I wonder though... Can the old dodge style be brought back without the staying invisible glitch? I know that Mewtwo PSA doesn't have it... Maybe SDoom, DO, Hollow, or BBB can look into it?

The reason for the animation is to avoid the invisible glitch. Sorry, but I don't like turning characters invisible in dodges.
Yeah but, there's some coding you can use to stop that glitch... I think SDoom one time said something about it.
Yeah, if you put Visibility = true on every Landing, Wait, Cliff, Passive, and Fall subactions. And maybe some others, too.



Sephiroth doesn't bother to teleport in Dissidia at all. He just dodges like any other fighter...

I only remember him teleporting in Kingdom Hearts 2, when they wanted him to start a special move if he was getting his ass kicked too bad xD

Quote from: Link3Kokiri on February 15, 2011, 04:11:27 AM
Sephiroth doesn't bother to teleport in Dissidia at all. He just dodges like any other fighter...

I only remember him teleporting in Kingdom Hearts 2, when they wanted him to start a special move if he was getting his ass kicked too bad xD
Yeah but, this is based on not just Dissidia, it's also based on KH2, and FFVII... So, the teleport comes from KH.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on February 15, 2011, 04:24:52 AM
Quote from: Link3Kokiri on February 15, 2011, 04:11:27 AM
Sephiroth doesn't bother to teleport in Dissidia at all. He just dodges like any other fighter...

I only remember him teleporting in Kingdom Hearts 2, when they wanted him to start a special move if he was getting his ass kicked too bad xD
Yeah but, this is based on not just Dissidia, it's also based on KH2, and FFVII... So, the teleport comes from KH.
This.

I'm going to have to ask Elldiran for help with this wallrun. I can't get it to work anymore.

BUMP!

EDIT: Some feedback:

I'm impressed. o_O I didn't expect it to be this better than Hollow's, your work as collab was really worth it, THIS definetaly feels moe like Sephiroth. Now, onto the details (I've read the all what's been said in this Topic the time it was said, but I'm not really sure if anything I say was mentioned before  'cause I've got a bad memory)

1>NB Sephiroth's animation needs animations, it just seems null, hope it gets worked on.

2> The animation of starting the dash randomly turns into a running one, looks weird, would be good to make it smoother.

3> Standing pose, after a while, makes the wing dissapear. ._. and the shoulder's animation is a bit odd, it could be smoother (The end of it)

4> Fsmash's charge... Why that long?

I'll come back with more feedback later, if needed. I gotta now check on the Attacks. =P

EDIT:

If you smash the control stick to the direction you're facing as you smash Z to grab, it does the SFX of Marth's NB attack.

Foward B has weird hit boxes, frequently if you place the blue dot on the enemy and let go of B, it misses.

Quote from: Wolfric on February 17, 2011, 02:50:56 AM
BUMP!

EDIT: Some feedback:

I'm impressed. o_O I didn't expect it to be this better than Hollow's, your work as collab was really worth it, THIS definetaly feels moe like Sephiroth. Now, onto the details (I've read the all what's been said in this Topic the time it was said, but I'm not really sure if anything I say was mentioned before  'cause I've got a bad memory)

1>NB Sephiroth's animation needs animations, it just seems null, hope it gets worked on.

2> The animation of starting the dash randomly turns into a running one, looks weird, would be good to make it smoother.

3> Standing pose, after a while, makes the wing dissapear. ._. and the shoulder's animation is a bit odd, it could be smoother (The end of it)

4> Fsmash's charge... Why that long?

I'll come back with more feedback later, if needed. I gotta now check on the Attacks. =P

EDIT:

If you smash the control stick to the direction you're facing as you smash Z to grab, it does the SFX of Marth's NB attack.

Foward B has weird hit boxes, frequently if you place the blue dot on the enemy and let go of B, it misses.

yeah, I have fixed some of these issues already, I'll upload my work after I fix up some stuff. I have definitely fixed his side B hit box. it just added 100 more lines of code.
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


Balancing wise, NB is a little bit too strong (Fully charged) and having invicibility frames is not something I think it's fine.

Dair does way too much knockback, can even kill people at 60% or 70%, and Fsmash, make it so that it doesn't hits behind Sephiroth...

Be back later. xD

Quote from: Wolfric on February 19, 2011, 06:35:07 AM
Balancing wise, NB is a little bit too strong (Fully charged) and having invicibility frames is not something I think it's fine.

Dair does way too much knockback, can even kill people at 60% or 70%, and Fsmash, make it so that it doesn't hits behind Sephiroth...

Be back later. xD

^ I have gotten that feedback more than 4 times in this post already lol...further feedback is not necessary, I pretty much know what to fix.
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


Quote from: DivineOverlord on February 19, 2011, 06:40:58 AM
Quote from: Wolfric on February 19, 2011, 06:35:07 AM
Balancing wise, NB is a little bit too strong (Fully charged) and having invicibility frames is not something I think it's fine.

Dair does way too much knockback, can even kill people at 60% or 70%, and Fsmash, make it so that it doesn't hits behind Sephiroth...

Be back later. xD

^ I have gotten that feedback more than 4 times in this post already lol...further feedback is not necessary, I pretty much know what to fix.

Alright, then. I'll wait for a newer release to come back. =P