Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 628483 times)
slayermarth101
Child of Prophecy
Heroic Kitten

Marth is my main main. >:D

• Awards Rising Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #675 on: July 23, 2012, 12:02:40 AM »

Glad to help. Smiley

SushiGummy
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #676 on: July 25, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »

Hey, pardon my stupidity, but I'm currently trying to add this pack (v5.1) and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right so far. I use Riivolution, standard Brawl (no vBrawl, Project M or anything).

Here's what I've got so far:
    • I've added the contents from the stage, module, and sound folders to their respective spots on my SD card.
    • I've added the mu_menumain to its appropriate spot (which includes the MiscData[80] folder).
    • I replaced the MiscData[80] folder on my common5 with the one provided in this pack.

The Instructions file says I also need to alter my codeset, but no matter how hard I Google I can't seem to find out what a codeset is and where I can find/place it. Does this step not apply for Riivolution? Or do I need to download Project M or something?

And lastly, what about any of the files in the pack that aren't mentioned in the Instructions? Do I just ignore them? Do any of the other files need to be altered/present for this to work? What about the files that aren't in my SD Card? I currently don't have any of the following in my SD Card (to my knowledge):
    info.PAC
    info_training.PAC
    sc_sel_event.PAC
    st_080805_0933.bin
    Brawl.XML
    gameconfig.txt
    RSBE01.gct (I have RSBE.XML, though)

My character/stage/CSP/SSP hacks have worked so far without them. Do I need them for this pack, or is it more of an optional thing?
    « Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:42:42 PM by SushiGummy » Logged

My Wishlist:

slayermarth101
    Child of Prophecy
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #677 on: July 25, 2012, 10:04:26 PM »

To my knowlegde, you shouldnt need those extra files.

The codeset is the RSBE01.gct

SushiGummy
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #678 on: July 26, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »

Alright, thanks! Grin I can see the new stages on the SS screen now.

New little problem sprung up, though. None of the new stages seem to be working. I'm getting stuck at the loading screen right after I choose a stage. It doesn't freeze or anything, it just loads forever.

It might be because of the way my files are set up. My SD Card folders are set up like this:
    http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=1477993#p1477993
    So normally, I'll put stage hacks as well as .rels in the same folder at SD:/brawlmods/stages/, but it doesn't seem to be working for these new ones.

My Wishlist:

slayermarth101
    Child of Prophecy
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #679 on: July 26, 2012, 12:59:11 AM »

That, idk how to fix.
    All i can say is make sure you have all the stages and .rels.
    And codes.

Other than that, idk what could be freezing.

SushiGummy
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #680 on: July 27, 2012, 01:54:37 AM »

All the stages and .rels are where they would normally be. I took the RSBE01 straight from the pack without altering it, does it need to be changed around at all? It's definitely in the right place, at the very least, since the extra stages are showing in the SS menu (they weren't before I added the RSBE01).

At this point, I'm going to try adding a few of the other files and see if that works out for me.

My Wishlist:

slayermarth101
    Child of Prophecy
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #681 on: July 27, 2012, 11:20:43 AM »

To be honest, Idk how the normal riivolution works.
    I use revolution for gecko users. So with the brawlmods files and what not, I have no idea what to do.
    Idk how else I can help. Oh shi~

SushiGummy
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #682 on: July 27, 2012, 12:14:06 PM »

Okay, well, I've gotten a lot closer than I was before, but I'm still having the same problem. I was going at this for like 4 hours last night, and no matter how confident I was that I had finally found the problem, nothing I did fixed it.

What I did find out was, the RSBE01, common5, stages, and modules aren't the issue. At this point, I'm thinking it might be one or more of the following:
    • I need to add st_080805_0933.bin (though I don't think I need it since I'm using Riivolution
    • I have mu_menumain.pac in the wrong place (SD:\brawlmods\textures\menu2)
    • I have to replace my current boot.elf with the one in the pack
    • I need to place the Brawl.xml file in the right place
    • I need to place gameconfig.txt in the right place
    • I need to move everything to the vbrawl folder (which already has the stages and modules)
    Though, when I loaded up Riivolution last time, I saw a new setting (File Replacement, which is currently on). I'm guessing that's the work of the Brawl.xml, but I wouldn't really know.

EDIT: I did it! I finally made it work! I'll explain the full details in a bit, but the short story is, I had to go into the Brawl.xml and actually change up the code to work with my file placement.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:17:28 PM by SushiGummy » Logged

My Wishlist:

linkbean
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #683 on: September 01, 2012, 10:33:14 AM »

So I downloaded the Classic Stage Expansion 5.1 and installed it for Riivolution. It worked fine. Then I went back and tried to edit the SSS pictures for it, but I was getting the error 'the given key was not present in the dictionary' in BrawlBox. So I used an older version of BrawlBox and I didn't get the error. After I finished editing the pictures, I saved and loaded up Brawl with the edits. It worked fine, until I went to the SSS, where I got the beep of death. What happened?

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #684 on: September 01, 2012, 02:01:49 PM »

Your file size for the selmap.pac is probably too big after editing the SSS pictures. It can't be any bigger than 1.14 mb.

I had to posterize all of my SSS icons to decrease the file size, but it made them look crappy.

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #685 on: September 02, 2012, 06:08:40 PM »

I need to replace ONLY the emblem for the Brawl Final Destination, is there a way, because when I replaced it, it also did Brawl Battlefield's emblem? If so, how? Did the creators of this expansion pack put the two emblems together for some reason?

Please answer.

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #686 on: September 02, 2012, 09:27:35 PM »

The Brawl stages all share a symbol if they're from the same series I believe, so if you replace the SSB symbol that was on FD it would also replace BF's.

You can replace the symbols in the expansion pack just fine though.

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #687 on: September 02, 2012, 09:56:28 PM »

The Brawl stages all share a symbol if they're from the same series I believe, so if you replace the SSB symbol that was on FD it would also replace BF's.

You can replace the symbols in the expansion pack just fine though.

But in the unmodded common5.pac/sc_selmap, there are 2 of those smahball emblems.

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #688 on: September 02, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »

The one with the number 20 after it is the one for FD and BF. The other SSB symbols are for the stages added in the expansion pack. So if you want a different icon for the stage you're trying to put over Brawl FD, you'd have to put it over a custom stage slot instead.

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #689 on: September 02, 2012, 11:48:38 PM »

That's unfortunate, because I have multiple songs for the stage I put over Final Destination and I want the stage to go with a character I have, but if I feel like the custom emblem really needs to be there, maybe I'll put it over a different one. Thanks for the quick reply though.
    « Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:52:27 PM by SpoonTheMan » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 92
    Print
    Jump to: