Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

If it's not too much trouble, can you post a picture of what the new SSS looks like?

Quote from: KTH on February 12, 2011, 10:34:34 PM
Good job with Yoshi's Island 64.

Oh, a council about the stage 64 look :



---------------------------------

Man, i have download you're pack, the game don't start (i have delete the info.pac, because he freeze my game for unknown reason : http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20301.new#new) and the GCT do a Green-Screen when i select the game. :s

I had that problem... its the rsbe01.gct files you got... if you are using like the asfink's menu and stuff... you will have to edit quite a few things... (menumain, common 5, cant use selmap in menu2...) i had to basically make my own rsbe01.gtc file... included (file patch code, and the few things that were in the original download...)

Quote from: ToadKart on March 14, 2013, 07:02:51 AM
If it's not too much trouble, can you post a picture of what the new SSS looks like?
Sure. I take my screenshots using a DVD recorder, but I want to reuse this DVD to record Parks & Recreation tonight, so I can get the screenshots onto my computer after that's done.

Okay, so I'm not sure if I'm just stupid, or what. It seems to me that there was an update to v5.3 PM version on page 51, but it doesn't have support for project M (the proper xmls and gcts are missing). It has support for BBrawl and Brawl - (and presumably vBrawl), but no references to Project M anywhere (at least if you use the stereo download, I have not yet tried mono).

Libertyernie, I think you might want to check to make sure you didn't accidentally redirect your PM CEP download link to actually go to your most recent (PM incompatible) update, instead. Or maybe I'm just thick, or something got messed up for me.

Also, I still have PM 5.3 CEP from before you updated it (or whatever happened). I was having trouble with Bowser - especially if he was using an alternate color scheme. Turns out I'm pretty sure that there was a problem with the .xml. It didn't quite match up with the .xml included in official Project M (aside from in the obvious ones). Looks like you were missing create="true" after each gKoopa pac and pcs mention in the .xml. I fixed this and Bowser runs great for me now, (although, I haven't seen anyone other than me complain about this.) Nevertheless, I could upload my modified projectm.xml if that would be helpful. (I think this problem was probably most likely to be present in Riivolution loaded versions. If I understand properly pre-2.5b ProjectM had this problem as well for Riivolution.)

Quote from: Foxfan12 on March 20, 2013, 01:21:37 AM
Okay, so I'm not sure if I'm just stupid, or what. It seems to me that there was an update to v5.3 PM version on page 51, but it doesn't have support for project M (the proper xmls and gcts are missing). It has support for BBrawl and Brawl - (and presumably vBrawl), but no references to Project M anywhere (at least if you use the stereo download, I have not yet tried mono).

Libertyernie, I think you might want to check to make sure you didn't accidentally redirect your PM CEP download link to actually go to your most recent (PM incompatible) update, instead. Or maybe I'm just thick, or something got messed up for me.

Also, I still have PM 5.3 CEP from before you updated it (or whatever happened). I was having trouble with Bowser - especially if he was using an alternate color scheme. Turns out I'm pretty sure that there was a problem with the .xml. It didn't quite match up with the .xml included in official Project M (aside from in the obvious ones). Looks like you were missing create="true" after each gKoopa pac and pcs mention in the .xml. I fixed this and Bowser runs great for me now, (although, I haven't seen anyone other than me complain about this.) Nevertheless, I could upload my modified projectm.xml if that would be helpful. (I think this problem was probably most likely to be present in Riivolution loaded versions. If I understand properly pre-2.5b ProjectM had this problem as well for Riivolution.)
Is this the link you're downloading? http://www.mediafire.com/?06u1dgbfc57344v
I haven't downloaded it, but the file on my computer with the same name and filesize does have the P:M version.
If your projectm.xml works, could you post it here?

Quote from: libertyernie on March 22, 2013, 04:32:34 PM
Is this the link you're downloading? http://www.mediafire.com/?06u1dgbfc57344v
I haven't downloaded it, but the file on my computer with the same name and filesize does have the P:M version.
If your projectm.xml works, could you post it here?
No I'm getting a different link, somehow. Maybe I clicked the wrong one or something?
Here's my .xml it's the same thing only I added a create="true" line before the end of each gKoopa in the projectm and pmstages patch id.

Here's a download link for the xml:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5ajvxsr1yagp0kq/5PbaMwCgXC/projectm.xml


Hey libertyernie: I have the Project M version of your expansion, and I was wondering what it takes to manually add icons to the SSS. I'm trying to maximize the stage selection, preview images be damned.

That said, is the SSS already filled up as much as it possibly can be? If not, where would I go to manually add more icons? Thanks for the help.

Quote from: garbagehead3 on March 26, 2013, 01:43:03 AM
Hey libertyernie: I have the Project M version of your expansion, and I was wondering what it takes to manually add icons to the SSS. I'm trying to maximize the stage selection, preview images be damned.

That said, is the SSS already filled up as much as it possibly can be? If not, where would I go to manually add more icons? Thanks for the help.
You can only add one more icon to the SSS. If you do that, both screens will have the same layout, as far as icon placement goes. Editing the Custom SSS code will let you do that, but I didn't think the one extra stage was worth it.

Quote from: libertyernie on March 29, 2013, 02:45:29 PM
You can only add one more icon to the SSS. If you do that, both screens will have the same layout, as far as icon placement goes. Editing the Custom SSS code will let you do that, but I didn't think the one extra stage was worth it.

Do you know if there's a tutorial anywhere that shows exactly what to do to change the icon placement?
All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:

Quote from: xNoobxSaibotx on April 02, 2013, 08:08:47 PM
Do you know if there's a tutorial anywhere that shows exactly what to do to change the icon placement?
I don't think so, but here's what I told someone last year in a PM:
QuoteIn the MiscData where the SSS icons are, there's also a model called MenSelmapPos with an animation called MenSelmapPos_TopN__0. Each frame "n" of this animation controls where the icons appear (and how big they are) for "n-2" icons. So if you have 10 icons on your SSS, edit the bones on frame 12.
There's also MenSelmapPos_TopN__1 for the My Music screen.

Oh so it doesn't require any hex editing, I can just do it with BrawlBox?
All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:

The pack doesnt work for me any idea why? I put everything the download came with into my SD Card and i loaded it with Riivolution, I read your instructions but do i have to follow them to considering i already have homebrew and riivolution?

I would like some pointers on getting this working with brawl plus. it's mentioned that this works with minus and balanced, and rarely with plus. There's nothing in the instructions that i can find, so I'm not sure what to replace with what. there's no way i have the attention span required at 11pm to read through over 50 pages to see a solution (the 10 i skimmed didn't have one).

So, please help a newbie out with some pointers...

please... :\

Quote from: rax189 on April 12, 2013, 11:36:45 PM
The pack doesnt work for me any idea why? I put everything the download came with into my SD Card and i loaded it with Riivolution, I read your instructions but do i have to follow them to considering i already have homebrew and riivolution?
What's not working? Is it just booting regular Brawl?
I can't help much with Riivolution because all I have is a Wii U.

Quote from: damiancds on April 15, 2013, 03:01:21 AM
I would like some pointers on getting this working with brawl plus. it's mentioned that this works with minus and balanced, and rarely with plus. There's nothing in the instructions that i can find, so I'm not sure what to replace with what. there's no way i have the attention span required at 11pm to read through over 50 pages to see a solution (the 10 i skimmed didn't have one).

So, please help a newbie out with some pointers...

please... :\
Getting it to work with Brawl+ might be a bit involved - it requires swapping out MiscData[80] in the common5 and combining the two codesets.
If you send me a link with the version of Brawl+ you want, I could probably put together the files you need for the combination. It should just be common5, mu_menumain and RSBE01.gct. (Then you could install one, install the other, then use the files I send you where there's overlap between the two.)

Quote from: libertyernie on April 17, 2013, 01:54:25 AM
What's not working? Is it just booting regular Brawl?
I can't help much with Riivolution because all I have is a Wii U.
Getting it to work with Brawl+ might be a bit involved - it requires swapping out MiscData[80] in the common5 and combining the two codesets.
If you send me a link with the version of Brawl+ you want, I could probably put together the files you need for the combination. It should just be common5, mu_menumain and RSBE01.gct. (Then you could install one, install the other, then use the files I send you where there's overlap between the two.)

Honestly That would be amazing... I only started using brawl plus ( gold ) and if the offer still stands, this is link (http://www.mediafire.com/file/anzmg21zjuw/brawl+gold.zip) - found on smashmods


EDIT: Actually, Scratch that. I think I'm only going to take a few things from brawl codes here and there and do my own thing. I do appreciate the offer, but I don't want to mess you up when I Really don't know what I want yet.