Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6


My music has been acting wierd. I put in a new song and then all my music hacks just won't play. Instead, it plays the original music, but with some static.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Thethiala on January 18, 2014, 09:13:19 PM
How would one go about to combine this with the ISO builder? I understand that you need to change a few things, as otherwise the stage select menu becomes glitched, though I'm not sure specifically what needs to be changed. Got any tips? :[
I second this. Somebody please help

Quote from: mikebreezy on January 19, 2014, 08:15:09 AM
I second this. Somebody please help
I'll try modifying the ISO builder. Thankfully it looks like I can do it just by changing the main batch file.

Quote from: libertyernie on January 19, 2014, 04:25:41 PM
I'll try modifying the ISO builder. Thankfully it looks like I can do it just by changing the main batch file.
You would ascend from Demigod status to God status if you did. :P

January 20, 2014, 04:38:46 PM #1145 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:22:20 PM by libertyernie
For the Brawl- stage in the Brawl pack, I'm going to include New Pork City. For the Brawl- version of the pack, I'm putting Frozen Pokemon Stadium 2 in its place (there'll already be two Yoshi's Islands, the original Melee one and the Brawl- version of it.)
By the way, the Brawl- pack won't have the 3 stages from fangames - I wanted room for the original Green Greens and Yoshi's Island as well as their Brawl- equivalents. I also put P:M Norfair in the Brawl- pack to fill that last slot, since Brawl-'s "Norfair" is actually Lavaville.

Hopefully the Brawl and Brawl- packs will be finished in the next couple of days! I'm going to use Alm5252's Mushroom Kingdom Melee in both.

EDIT: I made changes to the ISO Builder that make it work with my pack, but are generic enough to work with other things too. I posted them at GBATemp in this post.

January 20, 2014, 10:39:10 PM #1146 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:51:27 PM by Thethiala
Quote from: libertyernie on January 20, 2014, 04:38:46 PM
EDIT: I made changes to the ISO Builder that make it work with my pack, but are generic enough to work with other things too. I posted them at GBATemp in this post.
Thank you for your hard work! I'll definitely be testing this later. I assume it works with Project M 3.02?

Quote from: Thethiala on January 20, 2014, 10:39:10 PM
Thank you for your hard work! I'll definitely be testing this later. I assume it works with Project M 3.02?
It does!

I uploaded Classic Expansion Pack 6.0s. It has Brawl and Brawl- versions, both in the same .exe file.

Quote from: libertyernie on January 20, 2014, 04:38:46 PM
For the Brawl- stage in the Brawl pack, I'm going to include New Pork City. For the Brawl- version of the pack, I'm putting Frozen Pokemon Stadium 2 in its place (there'll already be two Yoshi's Islands, the original Melee one and the Brawl- version of it.)
By the way, the Brawl- pack won't have the 3 stages from fangames - I wanted room for the original Green Greens and Yoshi's Island as well as their Brawl- equivalents. I also put P:M Norfair in the Brawl- pack to fill that last slot, since Brawl-'s "Norfair" is actually Lavaville.

Hopefully the Brawl and Brawl- packs will be finished in the next couple of days! I'm going to use Alm5252's Mushroom Kingdom Melee in both.

EDIT: I made changes to the ISO Builder that make it work with my pack, but are generic enough to work with other things too. I posted them at GBATemp in this post.
I'm really sorry to say this but it still isn't working for me. Using Project M with all your custom stages and the character selection screen doesn't show all characters, nor can you see all of the stages from the stage selection screen.

I'm get an error using the ISO builder whenever it reaches the point where it's supposed to use hexsize.exe which says "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

Does it have any dependencies that I'm missing perhaps?

I updated the link on GBATemp. Try it again now - it should work on Windows XP and newer.

January 22, 2014, 11:41:42 AM #1151 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:14:53 PM by Thethiala
Crossposting from GBATemp. Has anyone gotten the custom ISO builder to work with the Classic Expansion Pack in Dolphin? I manage to build the ISO, but I get this error every time upon booting it:

http://i.imgur.com/vgW16T4.png


I did notice a couple of odd messages during the actual building of the ISO:

http://i.imgur.com/DbHdVf8.png


First it says that a couple of paths can't be found, then there's a syntax error related to WIT. Is this normal, or might it be related to why it's not working for me?
Also, it seems like the builder expects RSBE01.gct to be located in projectm/full instead of in the root folder of the batch file. The structure of my ISO builder currently looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/shVtGkR.png


I've successfully built the "vanilla" Project M 3.02 ISO using this structure, am I however supposed to include all the folders from the homebrew version of Project M in the projectm folder (including the updated .gct), not just the pf folder?

_________________________________________________________________________________
EDIT: Progress! I added these files to the projectm folder, which finally allowed me to boot the finished ISO in Dolphin:

http://i.imgur.com/u13q1QF.png


However, I've run into a new problem:

http://i.imgur.com/puUSDFH.jpg


Only the pictures and positions are bugged however, the stages are working correctly. I suspect this might be caused by the common5.pac or mu_menumain.pac previously added, so I'll be experimenting a bit with them.


EDIT 2: SUCCESS!! The custom ISO builder is indeed fully functional, I just had to take a few extra steps which I didn't have to with the default ISO builder. Thank you again for your work, libertyernie.

http://i.imgur.com/nEuZMee.jpg

Glad it worked! You know, I really ought to release alternate common5.pac files with higher-resolution stage previews (at least 176x176), since filesize limits don't matter in this case or with Riivolution.

January 23, 2014, 03:02:34 PM #1153 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:52:26 PM by Thethiala
I've got one small problem though, the audio for Roy and Mewtwo is incorrect (they use the audio for Pokemon Trainer and Fighting Alloy Team respectively). I do not have this problem with the base version of Project M v3.02.  Do you have any idea what may have caused it?

As for higher resolution images that would be nice, but more of a luxury than a necessity. No need to rush it. :)

As a follow-up question to the latter: There's a HD texture pack for Project M used with Dolphin which injects really high resolution textures during emulation. Is it possible to actually implement these HD textures into the ISO itself, or are there engine limitations that prevents one from using too large textures?


EDIT: I solved the issue with the incorrect audio by comparing your modified ISO builder to the standard ISO builder. I added this line which was missing in your version, and it fixed my issue seemingly without producing any new problems:

copy /b /y smashbros_sound.brsar ssbb.d\files\sound\smashbros_sound.brsar

Just a heads up you might want to look into. :)


EDIT 2:

Quote from: libertyernie on January 23, 2014, 03:17:23 AM
Glad it worked! You know, I really ought to release alternate common5.pac files with higher-resolution stage previews (at least 176x176), since filesize limits don't matter in this case or with Riivolution.

I swapped out the stage previews with 176x176 versions myself, and it actually causes the game to freeze on stage select even when playing on Dolphin. Unfortunate. :(

Quote from: Thethiala on January 23, 2014, 03:02:34 PM
EDIT: I solved the issue with the incorrect audio by comparing your modified ISO builder to the standard ISO builder. I added this line which was missing in your version, and it fixed my issue seemingly without producing any new problems:

copy /b /y smashbros_sound.brsar ssbb.d\files\sound\smashbros_sound.brsar

Just a heads up you might want to look into. :)
Good to know! I didn't see that line anywhere in the regular ISO builder, though.