KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?

Red.
10 (23.3%)
Blue.
8 (18.6%)
Yellow.
5 (11.6%)
Green.
8 (18.6%)
Can't decide.
10 (23.3%)
Not interested.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 10, 2015, 09:29:16 PM
If I wasn't, I wouldn't have asked StarWaffle to make a model. :P

I've talked about Sceptile quite a few pages ago and how it would be able to Mega Evolve like my Solo Charizard. I even have a moveset plan in the OP.

Who's he going over?

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

Quote from: drogoth on March 10, 2015, 10:09:48 PM
About damn time too lol
Sorry it took so long to get on it D:

May as well keep everyone updated on what I'm doing. I made a little more progress today
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


so im guessing xenomorph will be put on hold again?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

To be honest, the last time I worked on Xenomorph was back when showed that last preview, so my thread title is very misleading. :x

Like Raptor, I want to work on Xenomorph, but I just can't muster up the determination to actually get stuff done. A main issue I have is I try to work on multiple projects at once, then I suddenly get another character idea and begin to run tests. And it all piles up until I have way too many projects for a single person to handle. :c

Though I'm a part of a small hacking group, so I could see if any of my team mates would like to pitch in.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

you need to take care of your projects before starting with something else, at least get to a milestone D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Noodle arms. Yee.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The rig is the X/Y rig with a few bone edits to make it work more like a Brawl skeleton (I still have to fix a couple things). The animation is very basic, as I wanted to test a wave-like motion with the arms/tentacles.

As for my other projects, BaganSmashBros is helping me with Raptor (I'll have to ask him about Xenomorph as well), and I believe (I don't want to make assumptions) StarWaffle is still working on the Sceptile models.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

If you do plan on making more of these wavy motions for actual animations, I'd say work on your loops cause they look like linear tangents from what I see...

Looks good otherwise!

March 14, 2015, 06:27:34 PM #6338 Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:30:34 PM by drogoth
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 14, 2015, 06:10:36 PM
Noodle arms. Yee.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The rig is the X/Y rig with a few bone edits to make it work more like a Brawl skeleton (I still have to fix a couple things). The animation is very basic, as I wanted to test a wave-like motion with the arms/tentacles.

Imagine the amount of keyframes :V

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on March 14, 2015, 06:26:21 PM
If you do plan on making more of these wavy motions for actual animations, I'd say work on your loops cause they look like linear tangents from what I see...

Looks good otherwise!

I think he started using linear tangents because of an incident with T-Rex and the tangents being all screwy.

Changing it to linear fixed that issue, so I'm assuming he's still using it for a majority of his animations.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The animation was only a test, really. Not to mention, it was made in BrawlBox, not Maya.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: drogoth on March 14, 2015, 06:27:34 PM
Imagine the amount of keyframes :V

I think he started using linear tangents because of an incident with T-Rex and the tangents being all screwy.

Changing it to linear fixed that issue, so I'm assuming he's still using it for a majority of his animations.

I don't think it takes alot of Keyframes to make a wavy Motion like this assuming you're using FK Controls. With IKs and Baked Animations, that's a different story...

idk what happened, and idk his process... idk, it just bothers me...

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 14, 2015, 06:33:40 PM
The animation was only a test, really. Not to mention, it was made in BrawlBox, not Maya.

Ah, in that case. No issues here... lol...

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 14, 2015, 06:10:36 PM
Noodle arms. Yee.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The rig is the X/Y rig with a few bone edits to make it work more like a Brawl skeleton (I still have to fix a couple things). The animation is very basic, as I wanted to test a wave-like motion with the arms/tentacles.

As for my other projects, BaganSmashBros is helping me with Raptor (I'll have to ask him about Xenomorph as well), and I believe (I don't want to make assumptions) StarWaffle is still working on the Sceptile models.

No progress since the last image. I'm currently house sitting but I'll start work on it again when I get home on Monday.

[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


March 15, 2015, 10:40:46 AM #6343 Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:42:41 AM by Ridley
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on March 14, 2015, 06:10:36 PM(I'll have to ask him about Xenomorph as well),
Well, i guess it won't be much different from animating Ridley. He just has normal neck and no wings. Either way, i'll have to deal with Raptor first.
Speaking of him - why did you used this model? It has a...er...square...ish face and his teeth are all same...i think...Anyway, there is a better model available:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I guess it is too late now. Just sayin'.

I started work on Raptor way before Primal Carnage was even announced. I wanted to use the model from Jurassic Park: The Game, but no one has managed to successfully rip models from that game.

The current model I'm using for Raptor was the best free Raptor model I could find that had a reasonable poly count.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]