Sawndz 0.12 - RELEASED

Started by Jaklub, April 03, 2011, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

i am new to this sound stuff but is  Sawndz used to make sounds? or to just put them into a smashbros_sound?
I love Zelda......

Quote from: Alex Thing on August 23, 2011, 03:15:27 PMi am new to this sound stuff but is  Sawndz used to make sounds? or to just put them into a smashbros_sound?

To put them


Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.

Quote from: MandoWolfe on August 23, 2011, 05:53:35 PMTo put them
Put .wav files, hexpackets and .sawnd files, to be exact.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Jaklub on August 23, 2011, 09:08:47 AMTell me what step are you stuck in and I will help.

I inserted the wave I want to put in place of the Captain Falcon chant (Wave6) and when I went to check to see if the sound was there, low and behold, nothing changed! What did I do wrong?
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

Weird.

Have you closed and reopened your Smashbox and opened the right file? Did the console Sawndz spit out any errors?
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Jaklub on August 23, 2011, 07:53:27 PMWeird. Have you closed and reopened your Smashbox and opened the right file? Did the console Sawndz spit out any errors?

Does it have to stay closed while I'm inserting the sound?
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

August 23, 2011, 08:02:25 PM #306 Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:03:44 PM by Jaklub
It has, just checked for sure. It's that before Sawndz 0.1 you weren't forced to close Smashbox.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Jaklub on August 23, 2011, 08:02:25 PMIt has, just checked for sure.

Oh. Well, yes and no. I'll keep Smashbox closed and try again.
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

Anyone know of a guide or tutorial to use this?


Jaklub Can you make a feature in 0.13 that allows you to add .sawndz files to other chracters, for instance, If I wanted yoshi viewtiful joe sfx and I want them from captain falcon and I can only export the sawnd from captain falcon and it would only work for him. I want to make the .sawndz file capable of importing it to any characater. I dont want to have to export all the .wavs in captain falcons with yoshi its a waste of time and its exausting *facepalm*, and making it a swandz file will be much quicker. You Feel Me :af:

Actually, subgroup copying would make quite a cool feature, but I'm not sure if it would work. And if the collection you're copying would have more waves than the replaced one, the some waves would become unusable in-game because of lack of corresponding sound IDs.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

How do I check what groupID is what? The brawlbox.txt doesn't help.
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.

To check what a group is responsible for, you simply open it and play it's samples. In SmashBox, after you highlight a group there is a group ID shown.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

September 04, 2011, 09:25:40 PM #314 Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:28:51 PM by Lord Orga
Quote from: Jaklub on September 04, 2011, 09:22:47 PMTo check what a group is responsible for, you simply open it and play it's samples. In SmashBox, after you highlight a group there is a group ID shown.

You told me Captain Falcon's groupID was 20, but NO. It's 14, but when I insert the sound EVEN with Smashbox closed in general, there is no replacement done. Why is that?
We need more Godzilla mods in Smash in general.