Fighter Kirby: Seeking New Project Manager, See Thread For Application Details

Started by UMOP, September 02, 2009, 04:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: UMOP on September 17, 2009, 04:06:16 AM
Yes please, I don't think there is a video of 0.1.4 yet.

By the way, I've pretty much hit a dead end trying to give Kirby a headband using PSA. Don't think this means it'll never happen though, it's just going to take a while if it ever does (which I really want it to).

Well if you found a way for him to not get the headband, then just add back the commands you took away, one at a time, but I've never opened Kirb up, so I wouldn't know if that's how it works =p

There's a lot of stuff going on that I can't see in PSA. I just found the line that triggers it at the right time. If I trigger it at a different time, it either freezes or does nothing.

EDIT: I'm trying to get someone who understands editing characters beyond what PSA can do to help me. In the meantime, I'm going to try making the textures. Wish me luck. (:


Quote from: UMOP on September 17, 2009, 12:53:27 PM
There's a lot of stuff going on that I can't see in PSA. I just found the line that triggers it at the right time. If I trigger it at a different time, it either freezes or does nothing.

EDIT: I'm trying to get someone who understands editing characters beyond what PSA can do to help me. In the meantime, I'm going to try making the textures. Wish me luck. (:

Luck has been wished

Well, so far it's coming along pretty good. I've gotten green and red done, and the only problem I've seen is with his final smash eyes, but apparently that a problem for a lot of characters. I'll come back to it after I'm done with the rest of the textures, I guess.

Quote from: UMOP on September 18, 2009, 12:37:49 AM
Well, so far it's coming along pretty good. I've gotten green and red done, and the only problem I've seen is with his final smash eyes, but apparently that a problem for a lot of characters. I'll come back to it after I'm done with the rest of the textures, I guess.

Yeah, Kirby's FS eyes stretch =p

AND! On the subject of FS's, might we expect one for Fighter Kirby?

Quote from: thanyou on September 18, 2009, 02:21:37 AM
Quote from: UMOP on September 18, 2009, 12:37:49 AM
Well, so far it's coming along pretty good. I've gotten green and red done, and the only problem I've seen is with his final smash eyes, but apparently that a problem for a lot of characters. I'll come back to it after I'm done with the rest of the textures, I guess.

Yeah, Kirby's FS eyes stretch =p

AND! On the subject of FS's, might we expect one for Fighter Kirby?

Quite possibly. I might need some help for an idea, because I don't really want to fall back on a generic super-sized hadouken for it. That seems a bit cliché. I'm thinking some sort of super combo, but I don't know how I would go about doing that.

the super combo sounds good to me. sort of like the one knuckle joe has, and for it to be finished with the fire shoryuken

That sound's awsome, btw can't wait to test out the new version.
Screw signature's, I have the number 42.

Quote from: UMOP on September 18, 2009, 03:01:49 AM
Quote from: thanyou on September 18, 2009, 02:21:37 AM
Quote from: UMOP on September 18, 2009, 12:37:49 AM
Well, so far it's coming along pretty good. I've gotten green and red done, and the only problem I've seen is with his final smash eyes, but apparently that a problem for a lot of characters. I'll come back to it after I'm done with the rest of the textures, I guess.

Yeah, Kirby's FS eyes stretch =p

AND! On the subject of FS's, might we expect one for Fighter Kirby?

Quite possibly. I might need some help for an idea, because I don't really want to fall back on a generic super-sized hadouken for it. That seems a bit cliché. I'm thinking some sort of super combo, but I don't know how I would go about doing that.

I've got a pretty cool idea:

Fighter Kirby's FS: *Insert witty title that'll make everyone jizz their pants before even reading the description* - Kirby pulls off a super combo using all of his moves (And yes, C. Falcon does approve)

1st attack: Kirby does a flip kick that starts the combo, launching the char. straight up in the air a small distance (About as high as first jump)
  • It works like Ike's FS, if you miss, then the combo doesn't even start
  • Deals 3% damage
  • Has a set knockback
  • Uses USmash animation

    Transition: Kirby then follows the characters that were launched up
  • Deals no damage
  • Uses the missed grab animation, just like the Rising Break

    2nd attack: Kirby throws a mini hadouken in to the enemy(s)
  • ==OPTIONAL ATTACK== Skip if you want I just thought that a hadouken should be implemented in his FS
  • Deals 5% Damage
  • Uses regular Hadouken animation

    3rd attack: Kirby begins beating on the enemy(s) with different attacks at blazing speeds
  • Deals 40% Damage
  • Uses many different animations as he moves around the enemies still in the air at VERY fast speeds. I'm thinking that it should be 20 attacks that deal 2% each

    Final Blow: Kirby jumps back from the enemies who are still hovering and charges in the air for a moment,  and then slams back into them with a blazing kick that leads into an explosion, knocking back any enemies near Kirby even if they weren't caught in the FS combo.
  • Is just like Ike's final blow
  • Deals 10-30% Damage (I'm thinking only 10, but it IS the final blow, so I think it should be alot more than 10, but you should be the judge of that)
  • Jumping back uses Grabbed =>Escape animation. Charge uses ________ animation (I can't think of anything that'd look good like that DX) Blazing kick uses the animation you used for the Dive Kick
  • Uses same GFX as the Rising Break
  • Has same knockback as Ike's FS

Quote from: thanyou on September 18, 2009, 08:31:01 PM

I've got a pretty cool idea:

Fighter Kirby's FS: *Insert witty title that'll make everyone jizz their pants before even reading the description*





ooohhh lets check that video out :>.>:

EDIT: dammit im downloading this right now

Would you mind if I took some of the attavks from this and made my own custom PSA outta this? I wasn't going to like release them just take a few of the attacks and add it to regular Kirby like the dive kick.
Please stop by my site!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]