Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Which PSAs do you prefer?
On-Level, Balanced PSAs - 20 (52.6%)
Overpowered, Godly PSAs - 8 (21.1%)
I like both - 9 (23.7%)
I mix both because I want the Super characters to beat down on the normal characters because I hate them and that's why they aren't strong like my God PSAs - 1 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OverPowered/Super/God PSA Flaws  (Read 6861 times)
Triforce Zelda (Deceased)
Lol Kitten

6/30/10 - 8/18/11

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 28, 2011, 07:14:17 AM »

Ever since I released the pack of characters with every one of them having overpowered abilities, i've seen an increase in PSAs, mostly, overpowered ones.

At first, it seems cool to be fliying around, blasting everybody to beyond 999% and they only go back 10 ft., but there's several problems, where balanced PSAs succeed the overpowered PSAs. Fighting at overpowered levels get too repetitive as there are usually only about 2 or 3 attacks that are actually useful in knocking people out, whereas balanced PSAs have a much wider variety, making extended play never get old. Plus, Items are rendered virtually useless as +50% strong and smash attacks easily overpower any and all items except for deku nuts and pitfalls, because of their hitflags. Then, all the stage hazards that comedically KO people when they least expect it, only cause them to flinch, like the F-Zero Flyers, and MK Shy Guys. Also, the spikes in stage builder fail, as characters are too heavy, that they get stuck on the spikes and have a difficult time getting out, as with some of the other stage hazards as well. In the several months I've played with everyone overpowered, I felt the need to make all of my characters on-level, and proomptly ended up doing it, and I found that all the items had use again, all the hazards had use, the battles were more engaging, and overall, more enjoyable.

I had more fun playing a traditional "build-up-damage-then-knock-em-out Brawl" than the "Over-powered-brawl-where-you-only-need-to-know-two-attacks-out-of-thirty-and-that's-the-only-way-to-knockout-people-brawl". The actual PSAs that people make are limitless, but the power of those attacks should have limits.

I'm regretting making everybody overpowered, and as stated, have made everybody on-level. Same great PSAs, but at normal damage levels, making gameplay more engaging, more challenging, and having better gameplay experience. I might even delete all my over-powered PSAs and replace them all with my balanced ones. But right now, I want to see where people are in this.

AGAIN, I'm not saying to stop making all these special, epic PSAs, but make those PSAs at a balanced, playable level, so that they actually have the action, strategy, and tense moments that they should.
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:39:42 AM by SuperZelda » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 07:36:44 AM »

I like having both.

Basically I have a codeset for normal and balanced PSAs and another codeset via Riivo containing of things like PM demo and another for Godly PSAs.

But some people like having PSAs more in line with the roster to make them fit in more for the sake of balance. Balanced PSA are far more challenging to make and end up more rewarding in the long run since it seems that more people refer balanced PSA.

For example, compare the # of DLs of Gray Fox to Guard Slayer Snake.

I THINK this goes in Discussion BTW.

Keep the OP PSAs(there still is a minority that likes them) and make the balanced versions(if it isn't redundant).
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:38:31 AM by EternalYoshi » Logged

ShadowMarth
    Holy Kitten

~The Prince of Shadows~

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »

I like both but haveing to many overpowerd and to little balanced PSAs is not a good idea

My current project "Demonic Marth" WILL NOT be over powerd
    When i realease V0.5 every1 will get an idea how strong he is

Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
    PSA 2.35:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
    Competitive play Official thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 01:07:02 PM »

I'm trying to balance my characters moves by nerfing the knockback growth to lower numbers (like 2-5 ) while giving them some power by having higher knockback and slightly stronger than average damage.

In a way I'm trying to make it feel overpowered (due to being able to do lots of damage on an opponent) while still having a balanced gameplay. XP Not sure if that's gonna work out, but you'll see what I mean when I finish with kakashi's beta release.

Sliding Ghost
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 07:49:12 PM »

Rather than balanced characters, I think there should be a balance between overpowered and normal.

Too much normal is dull and boring. Too much overpowered is also dull and boring (well, it becomes that way eventually). I like having my psa's having powerful attacks but the same common vulnerability that all smashers have.

There's nothing worse than another Giga Bowser.
    « Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:50:06 PM by Sliding Ghost » Logged

Get A Load of This!
    Mega Kitten

Gee it sure is anime around here.

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 11:16:01 PM »

Just dropping some opinion stuff here don't mind me any.

Four step plan to transcending normal
    1) Lower overall damage and knockback of non-smash attacks.
    2) Give smash attack super armor like Brawl- Bowser while they're charging.
    3) Jabs and tilts can be interrupted with another attack input when they connect.
    4) Increase overall movement speed, mostly when it comes to being in the air.

Things to avoid in overpowered sets
    1) Quick startup 360 blast that has a random element attached.
    2) Attacks that are the exact same as the normal set just with a random element attached.
    3) 1 hit kill bs that comes out at the speed of light.
    4) Infinite recovery.
    5) 360 blast random element one hit kills.

Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
    GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
    Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Lol Kitten

6/30/10 - 8/18/11

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 01:17:31 PM »

I'm surprised at these responses - I thought overpowered PSAs were DEAD by now!

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »

Overpowered PSAs are my thing. I love infinite jumps, 1 hit kills, TOTAL BALANCE LOST! I wish you woul continue your super series. They were all epic as hell! My friends and me have fun like crazy! We all need to be clever when Zelda is present and use our intangibility skills on her.

Conclusion: OP PSAs are the most fun to use.

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

Tempo_
    Supreme Kitten

You can't be restrained by common sense!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 04:39:57 PM »

Overpowered is only over powered if everyone else is underpowered.

Stop nerfing and start buffing.

Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
    Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
    Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
    Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
    All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
    -kazemaru95421

[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Lol Kitten

6/30/10 - 8/18/11

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 05:22:50 AM »

Yeah but OP is really just a sudden death thing - you only need to know like two attacks that KO people, but it got boring. I found it way more interesting and fun to do a classic on-level brawl

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 06:38:20 AM »

Yeah but OP is really just a sudden death thing - you only need to know like two attacks that KO people, but it got boring. I found it way more interesting and fun to do a classic on-level brawl
    OP is NOT a sudden death thing, GOD characters are sudden death things if they can 1 hit you at 0%. OP doesn't mean instant kill, look at Onslaught Falcon. He's OP but not a 1 hit ko'er, MAX Onslaught however is a Super since he can 1 hit u but can easily be killed.

My preference goes to OP PSA's but in terms. They do not meet the requirements of OG, Super or GOD. I have the OG Sephiroth, he's basically very tough to beat but can be beaten if you know how.
    My only Super PSA right now is Dark Samus Prime (Buffed even further thanks to Nuke doing it by my request) which can literally own you 5 stock in a 5 stock game if it uses the 1 hits a lot. However, the AI doesn't use the 1 hits so much so it's beatable and creates quite a challenge.
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 06:42:45 AM by Equilibrium » Logged

seba96rune
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 01:16:31 PM »

I like overpowered PSA's cause they're a challenge to beat and overpowered vs overpowered make epic battles!!! Even so I still like normal PSA's but I just prefer overpowered ones!!!!

Smiley

Lol Kitten

6/30/10 - 8/18/11

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 03:08:54 PM »

Overpowered is only over powered if everyone else is underpowered.

Stop nerfing and start buffing.

That's what I did I had everyone superpowered and it still got boring, but when everyone is balanced there's like a different aspect to the game

I like overpowered PSA's cause they're a challenge to beat and overpowered vs overpowered make epic battles!!! Even so I still like normal PSA's but I just prefer overpowered ones!!!!

Does anyone know about that alternate file loader thing or whatever? Because I think I just figured out something very clever!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: