Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

I'd like to suggest a little modification to the boards (Profiles to be more specific):
I'd like to be able to see the original usernames*  in profile summary.
*(as in "registered as:" or "first displayed name:")

Before the new Vault went live I could just take a look at someones oldest hack to know who they really are, now the displayed name also updates in every submition you have. Sometimes I don't even know anymore with people changing their names every so often.

to further explain, I'm not suggesting to override the "displayed Name" function completely (because it's there for a reason) just updating it.

I agree it is confusing. I don't get why so many changes. I haven't even changed my profile pic since I registered a year or so ago. Maybe display the previous name, if that's easier, cause maybe you don't keep track of the names so the first one may be lost.

I'm not receiving mail with my received PM's anymore, it's been like that for about a week. Is it some glitch regarding a recent update?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


April 06, 2014, 07:28:21 PM #2703 Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:29:38 PM by Albafika
Quote from: Dr. on April 03, 2014, 02:46:26 AM
I'd like to suggest a little modification to the boards (Profiles to be more specific):
I'd like to be able to see the original usernames*  in profile summary.
*(as in "registered as:" or "first displayed name:")

Before the new Vault went live I could just take a look at someones oldest hack to know who they really are, now the displayed name also updates in every submition you have. Sometimes I don't even know anymore with people changing their names every so often.

to further explain, I'm not suggesting to override the "displayed Name" function completely (because it's there for a reason) just updating it.
This would be nice. Maybe just make it so on the Profile Page you see the nick as "Albafika (Wolfric)" which would be my case.

Quote from: The Knave on April 06, 2014, 03:46:09 PM
I'm not receiving mail with my received PM's anymore, it's been like that for about a week. Is it some glitch regarding a recent update?
I do receive messages for my PMs. Are you sure it's not your mail who is blocking KCMM's messages and probably labeling them as Spam?

Quote from: The Knave on April 06, 2014, 03:46:09 PM
I'm not receiving mail with my received PM's anymore, it's been like that for about a week. Is it some glitch regarding a recent update?
I haven't had any issues, i still receive my emails on topics and PMs.

Quote from: Albafika on April 06, 2014, 07:28:21 PM
I do receive messages for my PMs. Are you sure it's not your mail who is blocking KCMM's messages and probably labeling them as Spam?

I've checked my settings... even if I have not changed anything in my settings myself.

It's weird. Last time it worked, I got three messages in a day, but only received the message for the first. I thought it was some glitch and disregarded it but it hasn't worked ever since. It's been 6 PMs already with no mail to my inbox...
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


A related thing happened to me, I have the mail notification disabled but I should still get the pop-up message when I get a new PM.
However I just noticed today that I haven't had any notifications at all for 10 PMs in the span of 2 weeks.

Quote from: The Knave on April 06, 2014, 10:45:54 PM
I've checked my settings... even if I have not changed anything in my settings myself.

It's weird. Last time it worked, I got three messages in a day, but only received the message for the first. I thought it was some glitch and disregarded it but it hasn't worked ever since. It's been 6 PMs already with no mail to my inbox...

Actually, I had this recently. I received 4 to 6 PMs 2-3 days ago, and only received to Emails.

Quote from: cx_asuka on April 06, 2014, 11:11:53 PM
A related thing happened to me, I have the mail notification disabled but I should still get the pop-up message when I get a new PM.
However I just noticed today that I haven't had any notifications at all for 10 PMs in the span of 2 weeks.
Couldn't that possible be the browser possibly disabling emerging windows or something? I know I didn't have that pop up when using Chrome before.

I believe that only happens when you leave a tab open on message center... the forum won't warn you of new PMs if a tab is at the messages already.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Albafika on April 06, 2014, 11:19:54 PM
Couldn't that possible be the browser possibly disabling emerging windows or something? I know I didn't have that pop up when using Chrome before.
Maybe it was.
Just received a new PM and this time the pop-up did appear.
Oh, well.

Quote from: Dr. on April 03, 2014, 02:46:26 AM
I'd like to suggest a little modification to the boards (Profiles to be more specific):
I'd like to be able to see the original usernames*  in profile summary.
*(as in "registered as:" or "first displayed name:")
Done

Quote from: The Knave on April 06, 2014, 11:24:37 PM
I believe that only happens when you leave a tab open on message center... the forum won't warn you of new PMs if a tab is at the messages already.
Correct, it won't show you on a new tab if it's already popped up in a different one.