Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: windhunter7 on May 25, 2015, 02:46:07 PM
They're not always bots.(For example, Miacis, Vyse, and a bunch of the other admins might recall when someone who works for Image Shack made a topic, and everyone was doubting that he was legit, and he made a thread in a board that didn't make sense for it.[I believe it was in "Introductions"; if not, it was in one of the "Welcome" boards])

Also, the threads that are still existent in the wrong spots, e.g. people asking for help in "Introductions", aren't bots.
Honestly, if it's a person's first few posts on the boards, I'm willing to let it slide if a topic in Introductions isn't 100% about introducing oneself. Most people will first talk about the reason they joined KCMM regardless, so it's not something I feel we should be more strict about.

QuoteBtw, anyone know how to "friend" other users on this forum? I have no clue how, and there are some people that I wanted to friend.
Profile > Edit Buddies > Add To Buddy List

QuoteAlso, anyone know where I would post a topic on multiple suggestions for both the board and the vault? Would I put it in "General Hacking"? "Off-Topic"? A giant spoiler with a custom title in this thread?
This here topic sounds like a good enough place.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

When will the blog be fixed? Been about a week now.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Miacis on May 30, 2015, 01:44:02 PM
Honestly, if it's a person's first few posts on the boards, I'm willing to let it slide if a topic in Introductions isn't 100% about introducing oneself. Most people will first talk about the reason they joined KCMM regardless, so it's not something I feel we should be more strict about.
Profile > Edit Buddies > Add To Buddy List
This here topic sounds like a good enough place.

I already know that's the case; I'm just annoyed that they're still there. It makes it clutterier if you're searching the board with specific key words and those pop up because they have those words but they're not supposed to be there.

Also, thanks for letting me know how to friend people and which topic. ;D (Though jjookkeekkiidd already did say that, lolz)

Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on May 30, 2015, 02:03:08 PM
When will the blog be fixed? Been about a week now.
I'm sorry, but if we can't contact Jack to renew our hosting plan after a month or so, we can't contact him either to fix the blog. I'll ask Vyse to tell him whenever he can get a hold of him, but right now there's nothing much we can do, it seems. =/
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

I guess that means a forced vacation for the entirety of us Blog Staff.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


May 31, 2015, 02:46:46 PM #2990 Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:50:31 PM by windhunter7
So while looking in some older threads, I came up with a re-vamped idea that is in the spoiler below for the forum part of kc-mm:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Post Merge: May 31, 2015, 02:50:31 PM

Also, I have a question:

If I want to discuss playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Melee or Project M or anything without any (other?) hacks, could that go in the new Smash Bros. thread, or no? If not, where would it go?

Smash Wii U/3DS, Brawl, Melee, and Smash 64 discussions would go in the Smash Discussion boards.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=68.0

Project M discussions would go in the General Hacking thread for PM.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=43364.0
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

But I wanted to make a thread that any user can contribute to how to play better in the different versions. For example, I don't want to have to make 2 threads to say "In Brawl OR Project M, this is how to play as Ike skillfully..." it's crowded that way, not to mention confusing and an unnecessary thread.

Youtube's changed how their API works, so we need to look for an updated Youtube plug in.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on June 01, 2015, 05:39:48 AM
Youtube's changed how their API works, so we need to look for an updated Youtube plug in.
this
ive seen some users properly emb youtube videos
is there a workaround or is it a device pertaining issue?

Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on May 30, 2015, 05:44:14 PM
I guess that means a forced vacation for the entirety of us Blog Staff.
You might look at it that way, but if we do catch you goofing off, you're fired.
Quote from: windhunter7 on May 31, 2015, 03:30:46 PM
But I wanted to make a thread that any user can contribute to how to play better in the different versions. For example, I don't want to have to make 2 threads to say "In Brawl OR Project M, this is how to play as Ike skillfully..." it's crowded that way, not to mention confusing and an unnecessary thread.
Smash Discussions' Section. You wouldn't be discussing anything related to modding Project M, but rather its competitive side, modding-unrelated. That's fine.

Quote from: Albafika on June 06, 2015, 10:25:34 PM
You might look at it that way, but if we do catch you goofing off, you're fired.

I'm always goofing off, silly Weenie!

I'm committed to my task, though
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


June 15, 2015, 12:56:32 AM #2997 Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:58:22 AM by windhunter7
I have a question. It's annoying that after 24 hours, my posts are only Post-Merging instead of making a new post.(e.g. here) And I want people to get notified of updates, even if they're within 24 hours; so is there a way to force it as a new post without having to do the annoying workaround listed in the quote below?

Quote
1) Click "Modify" on the current post
2) Copy the entire message to a word processor
3) Click "Cancel"
4) Click "Remove" and remove it
5) Copy everything from the word processor to the box that stuff gets posted in at the bottom of the screen, along with the new text and then hit "Post"


Isn't there a way to do this in many fewer clicks so that I don't have to go through all this hassle just to update my project?

Post Merge: June 15, 2015, 12:58:22 AM

Also, I'm sure a lot of other people are wondering the same thing, as I've seen lots of users Post Merge with an update.

Quote from: windhunter7 on June 15, 2015, 12:56:32 AM
I have a question. It's annoying that after 24 hours, my posts are only Post-Merging instead of making a new post.(e.g. here) And I want people to get notified of updates, even if they're within 24 hours; so is there a way to force it as a new post without having to do the annoying workaround listed in the quote below?

Isn't there a way to do this in many fewer clicks so that I don't have to go through all this hassle just to update my project?

Post Merge: June 15, 2015, 12:58:22 AM

Also, I'm sure a lot of other people are wondering the same thing, as I've seen lots of users Post Merge with an update.

With more clicks it makes it more and more intentional. Making it less clicks or just one click would allow someone to bump a topic that (possibly) no one cares about all the way to the top. Or it could be done unintentionally.

Either way. More steps = you really want to do it. More clicks also = less chance of someone to spam a thread because it takes way too long to be profitable.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Why would there be a workaround to let people do the thing we installed the mod to stop them from doing?