Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: milliondollar mistake on December 02, 2010, 04:26:23 AM
can some1 tell me how 2 weport people onhear? sinse ths dood desves o get banned; http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?action=profile;u=9168

That's an adbot, but...on the bottom right of every post it says "Report to moderator". >.>

December 04, 2010, 12:02:58 AM #61 Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:23:20 AM by (specter)
I can no longer delete my topics. Is this something new that was just implemented into the forum recently?

Also, how does one go about bringing a topic to attention without bumping? My topic wasn't even a day old and it's on the second page already; now no one will ever see it. What should I do if this happens?

Quote from: (specter) on December 04, 2010, 12:02:58 AM
Also, how does one go about bringing a topic to attention without bumping? My topic wasn't even a day old and it's on the second page already; now no one will ever see it. What should I do if this happens?

You'd have to bump it then. >_>

If it's a hack topic, you have to try making things interesting enough to keep people posting. If it's a request, hope it's something a lot of people want or something someone wouldn't mind making.

Quote from: dingoberriz on December 04, 2010, 05:25:31 PM
Quote from: (specter) on December 04, 2010, 12:02:58 AM
Also, how does one go about bringing a topic to attention without bumping? My topic wasn't even a day old and it's on the second page already; now no one will ever see it. What should I do if this happens?

You'd have to bump it then. >_>

If it's a hack topic, you have to try making things interesting enough to keep people posting. If it's a request, hope it's something a lot of people want or something someone wouldn't mind making.

But I thought the rules said you can't bump if it's not contributing to the topic.

Also, it's none of the things you said; all my topics are usually help topics. And I know people know the answers to them, they just probably don't feel like answering or the people that know the answers aren't lurking that board a tthe right time.

December 06, 2010, 03:12:35 PM #64 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 03:13:46 PM by dingoberriz
Quote from: (specter) on December 04, 2010, 09:42:27 PM
Quote from: dingoberriz on December 04, 2010, 05:25:31 PM
Quote from: (specter) on December 04, 2010, 12:02:58 AM
Also, how does one go about bringing a topic to attention without bumping? My topic wasn't even a day old and it's on the second page already; now no one will ever see it. What should I do if this happens?

You'd have to bump it then. >_>

If it's a hack topic, you have to try making things interesting enough to keep people posting. If it's a request, hope it's something a lot of people want or something someone wouldn't mind making.

But I thought the rules said you can't bump if it's not contributing to the topic.

Also, it's none of the things you said; all my topics are usually help topics. And I know people know the answers to them, they just probably don't feel like answering or the people that know the answers aren't lurking that board a tthe right time.

I know how that is. My tutorial threads get very little responses. I just have to assume it's helping. If it's a help thread, then people either don't know or don't feel like answering for whatever reason because they think someone else will answer.

After a week, if nobody answers your help thread and you still don't know. Bump it. >_>

The rule is more against repeatedly bumping topics in a short period of time.

December 06, 2010, 08:31:12 PM #65 Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:34:33 AM by (specter)
Quote from: dingoberriz on December 06, 2010, 03:12:35 PM
I know how that is. My tutorial threads get very little responses. I just have to assume it's helping. If it's a help thread, then people either don't know or don't feel like answering for whatever reason because they think someone else will answer.

After a week, if nobody answers your help thread and you still don't know. Bump it. >_>

The rule is more against repeatedly bumping topics in a short period of time.

Lol that's pretty much the case with me because the only threads I've made on this forum are all help threads. Very few aren't. It's so annoying and even more annoying when I bump it and still get nothing.

And ok; I have bumped only the ones that had almost no responses or none at all, and on the next page. That's when I usually will start to bump.

What if after I bump it goes right to the second page again really fast? Can I still bump?

Is it possible for me to report somebody?  There is a user called KeyBlader.  He's a noob, but he keeps needlessly trolling and flaming Hollow and his PSAs.  I believe he is breaching the following rule:

QuoteTrolling: Posting with the sole purpose of annoying other users, provoking flames.
     Examples: Going into a person's texture topic and saying "You suck" without offering any actual criticism; posting false information.

Therefore, I think he deserves some sort of warning and/or punishment for breaking the rules and annoying not only such a renowned member of our community as Hollow, but quite a few other people as well. 

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on December 07, 2010, 06:07:43 PM
Is it possible for me to report somebody?  There is a user called KeyBlader.  He's a noob, but he keeps needlessly trolling and flaming Hollow and his PSAs.  I believe he is breaching the following rule:

QuoteTrolling: Posting with the sole purpose of annoying other users, provoking flames.
     Examples: Going into a person's texture topic and saying "You suck" without offering any actual criticism; posting false information.

Therefore, I think he deserves some sort of warning and/or punishment for breaking the rules and annoying not only such a renowned member of our community as Hollow, but quite a few other people as well. 

It is possible. Just click "report to moderator" in the same area as one of his posts. It's right down here V




I haz suggestion:

On-topic Discussion and Help boards get divided into 2 sub-boards
the the first division of the On-topic being important brawl reference stuff, and whatever else could be deemed useful, and the other division...the rest of the threads that are on there

The first help division being non-n00b help where people actually have some kind of problem that isn't answered in any guide, and the other division being n00by help.

Whatcha say

Quote from: LordNOaH on December 20, 2010, 10:31:41 PM
I haz suggestion:

On-topic Discussion and Help boards get divided into 2 sub-boards
the the first division of the On-topic being important brawl reference stuff, and whatever else could be deemed useful, and the other division...the rest of the threads that are on there

The first help division being non-n00b help where people actually have some kind of problem that isn't answered in any guide, and the other division being n00by help.

Whatcha say

good idea
MY BRAWL FC: 0518-2106-8197
MY MARIO KART WII FC: 1377-1732-1925


Quote from: LordNOaH on December 20, 2010, 10:31:41 PM
I haz suggestion:

On-topic Discussion and Help boards get divided into 2 sub-boards
the the first division of the On-topic being important brawl reference stuff, and whatever else could be deemed useful, and the other division...the rest of the threads that are on there

The first help division being non-n00b help where people actually have some kind of problem that isn't answered in any guide, and the other division being n00by help.

Whatcha say

..nobody would post in the noob thread...

Quote from: stickman on December 21, 2010, 02:35:49 AM
Quote from: LordNOaH on December 20, 2010, 10:31:41 PM
I haz suggestion:

On-topic Discussion and Help boards get divided into 2 sub-boards
the the first division of the On-topic being important brawl reference stuff, and whatever else could be deemed useful, and the other division...the rest of the threads that are on there

The first help division being non-n00b help where people actually have some kind of problem that isn't answered in any guide, and the other division being n00by help.

Whatcha say

..nobody would post in the noob thread...
The noob thread would be for the new people. People who've been around for a while would post in the non-noob thread.
Just saying.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]