Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 26, 2011, 09:07:14 PM #960 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:08:13 PM by Miacis Ballard
Quote from: Vish on September 26, 2011, 08:43:30 PM
I think that's only possible if Beyond becomes a global mod or just a board mod of the vertex section.
Quote from: ƤƱƦĄƖƉƠƱ Melia on September 26, 2011, 08:45:22 PM
Yeah unless you want to give everyone right to delete comments in their threads..
*imagines the major deleting sprees*
Yeah..

Actually, a way around would be to create a special membersgroup for people with huge threads with lots of spammy content. But I'm not really a fan of making VIP membersgroup such as this. Especially since Beyond, DSX8 and the others already have 2 means of limiting off-topic :
- Making verbal reminders.
- REPORTING.

Yes, we barely ever get any reports about the spam in these topics. I've even learnt about some of these threads just now. So when I'm saying something silly like "There won't be anymore Spam in any boards where posts are counted, we promise.", I am not "trying to work around the problem". I am just describing a reality that there doesn't seem to be many users that are concerned about that spam.

So if you want things to change, you'll need to be a man and use that report button whenever someone strays off. We don't always hand sanctionsfor reports, you know ? Sometimes, we just make a post in the topic to put things back into order.
But again, if nobody ever tells us until we're all here arguing at each other, we aint gonna go very far.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.


Quote from: LordNOaH on September 26, 2011, 07:36:58 PM
Oh sheesh yall, if I recall (read what I wrote months ago) correctly and in polite terms, I seem to remember it was more about the harsh sanction of one of the staff members as well as ignoring quite a lot of regular members saying they liked the idea that got on those nerves.

I also recall making a point to say it was not about post counts numerous times too 0.o

All your examples just happening to come from the family thread. I mean, what are the odds there?

Just sayin.

Honestly, if you guys feel pride in your post counts, then its rather sad.

Miacis, I've been on a few boards where you had the option to hide your own post count, would something like that be possible here?

September 26, 2011, 09:30:40 PM #963 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:35:26 PM by LordNOaH
Quote from: Oizen™ on September 26, 2011, 09:21:41 PM

All your examples just happening to come from the family thread. I mean, what are the odds there?

Just sayin.
This post happening to ignore entire point as well as grammatical laws.
to quote myself again;
QuoteLets get some things straight here.  You seem to think that everyone is angry about the small issue of post counts.  That is clearly not the case.  You became angry when Haku changed the rules without your consent.  It was a sensible change, yes, he probably should have asked you first, and no, you shouldn't have made a decision on it before consulting forum members and not people who it doesn't affect (read: yourselves).  People are angrily because YOU were the ones to flip [censored] and make a big deal.  YOU were the ones that caused a large reaction.  For nothing. It really isn't a big deal.  Haku didn't make it one, you all did.  We aren't the one raging about how this isn't team-like behavior, and then locking and deleting topics left and right without consulting other mods.  We aren't the one making topics in the admin board ranting about how they want members banned that committed no wrong, just stated their opinion.  Most members appear to feel that its a reasonable change, and you are all being unreasonable, apparently for the sole reason that you can, because you have the power to.  Don't leave things the same because you don't want to let Haku get away with this terrible thing he's gone and done.
Quote from: LordNOaH on September 26, 2011, 08:10:42 PM
And I seem to have made an adequate response to you five months ago reguarding the issue, and it was settled
It was not solely about post counts for the 100th time as clearly stated, and it was settled and didn't need to be made into an argument again.
I don't get what you don't get.  Is it the reading part?

And yeah, I kinda do like seeing who contributes to the hacking community rather than games and chats.  Am I wrong for this?  Can we stop beating the dead horse?

September 26, 2011, 09:39:10 PM #964 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:40:32 PM by Miacis Ballard
LordNoah, can you please explain the bottom line of your quoted post ?
QuoteMost members appear to feel that it's a reasonable change, and you are all being unreasonable, apparently for the sole reason that you can, because you have the power to.
What is a that "reasonnable change" which is the end and the goal of that noble fight ?
Remember, it wasn't about post counts. So what was it about ... ? Can you rewrite history ?


QuoteMiacis, I've been on a few boards where you had the option to hide your own post count, would something like that be possible here?
Nope. Nothing like that comes to my mind ...
And there's no mod for that either. :c
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: LordNOaH on September 26, 2011, 09:30:40 PM
And yeah, I kinda do like seeing who contributes to the hacking community rather than games and chats.  Am I wrong for this?

No, there's nothing wrong with that. But the new postcounts don't accurately reflect that either. There's one person in particular in the Top 5 that you probably wouldn't consider as "contributing to the hacking community" but I shouldn't be pointing fingers here.

September 26, 2011, 09:43:10 PM #966 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:45:30 PM by LordNOaH
Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 09:39:10 PM
LordNoah, can you please explain the bottom line of your quoted post ?What is a that "reasonnable change" which is the end and the goal of that noble fight ?
Ah, the noble fight would be you ignoring your members.  It could have been about anything.
Quote from: dRage on September 26, 2011, 09:40:00 PM
No, there's nothing wrong with that. But the new postcounts don't accurately reflect that either. There's one person in particular in the Top 5 that you probably wouldn't consider as "contributing to the hacking community" but I shouldn't be pointing fingers here.
this is true, but its better than what it was before.  I think we can move on?  Just tell people to report stuff in beyond's and DSX8's threads?

Quote from: LordNOaH on September 26, 2011, 09:43:10 PM
Just tell people to report stuff in beyond's and DSX8's threads?
Or to report rule-breaking stuff wherever they see it?

Which we've been saying since the board was made?

Quote from: LordNOaH on September 26, 2011, 09:43:10 PM
Ah, the noble fight would be you ignoring your members.
Yup, we're still evil. Nice pirouette there.

Quote from: LordNOaH on September 26, 2011, 09:43:10 PM
Just tell people to report stuff in beyond's and DSX8's threads?
Which is something we've always told to do before and ah screw it, Vyse ninja'd me again. :ninja'd:
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

September 26, 2011, 09:55:26 PM #969 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:57:00 PM by LordNOaH
Quote from: Vyse on September 26, 2011, 09:47:48 PM
Or to report rule-breaking stuff wherever they see it?

Which we've been saying since the board was made?
Yes, but the original discussion after being derailed by countless dead horses was on spam on those boards in particular.
Quote from: dRage on September 26, 2011, 01:22:15 PM
Thumbs up for the new moderating system. I'd like to compliment Vyse for constantly coming up with ways to improve this forum (was gone for a week due to sickness so I'm going to assume that was Vyse's idea if not then feel free to correct me).

Oh and just my two cents on the postcount issue:

[spoiler]

Ever visited Beyond's thread, where people can fill several pages with things unrelated to the hacks currently in the making? Or maybe DSX8's thread which is constantly getting abused as a chat thread? How come with all the views those threads have none of this has ever been brought up in the whole postcount crusade? Do I smell the delicious smell of hypocrisy?

That is all, I don't care about postcounts, so I'm not going to suggest removing postcounts from those threads. I actually like how mine now accurately reflects my activity and interest in brawl hacking.
Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 09:54:06 PM
Yup, we're still evil. Nice pirouette there.
In that particular context I was referring to a past tense issue, so, no.

Well moderators, admins and owners.. i just got one thing to say to you before i stop becoming a stalker kitty by making this post..

[spoiler]

... Cracker, you were really missing that green light, weren't you ? =_=
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 09:39:10 PM
LordNoah, can you please explain the bottom line of your quoted post ?What is a that "reasonnable change" which is the end and the goal of that noble fight ?
Remember, it wasn't about post counts. So what was it about ... ? Can you rewrite history ?

Nope. Nothing like that comes to my mind ...
And there's no mod for that either. :c

Lame.

Quote from: LordNOaH on September 26, 2011, 09:30:40 PM
This post happening to ignore entire point as well as grammatical laws.
to quote myself again;I don't get what you don't get.  Is it the reading part?
And yeah, I kinda do like seeing who contributes to the hacking community rather than games and chats.  Am I wrong for this?  Can we stop beating the dead horse?

Its just you act like you did some noble act of justice, even though it didn't mater.

Post counts got brought back up by the recalculation, and for whatever reason its an iffy subject. There really isn't much to talk about, you just distorted the truth of what happened, and I corrected you.

Quote from: Vyse on September 26, 2011, 09:47:48 PM
Or to report rule-breaking stuff wherever they see it?

Which we've been saying since the board was made?

I haven't really done the new style of moderation yet, is everything working for it?


I'm curious, how come my post count went down by about 300?
My 3DS friend info, just PM me and I'll add you.
Name:James
FC:0216-0855-5243
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.