Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993758 times)
Miacis
Ex-admin
Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #960 on: September 26, 2011, 03:07:14 PM »

I think that's only possible if Beyond becomes a global mod or just a board mod of the vertex section.
    Yeah unless you want to give everyone right to delete comments in their threads..
    *imagines the major deleting sprees*
    Yeah..

Actually, a way around would be to create a special membersgroup for people with huge threads with lots of spammy content. But I'm not really a fan of making VIP membersgroup such as this. Especially since Beyond, DSX8 and the others already have 2 means of limiting off-topic :
    - Making verbal reminders.
    - REPORTING.

Yes, we barely ever get any reports about the spam in these topics. I've even learnt about some of these threads just now. So when I'm saying something silly like "There won't be anymore Spam in any boards where posts are counted, we promise.", I am not "trying to work around the problem". I am just describing a reality that there doesn't seem to be many users that are concerned about that spam.

So if you want things to change, you'll need to be a man and use that report button whenever someone strays off. We don't always hand sanctionsfor reports, you know ? Sometimes, we just make a post in the topic to put things back into order.
    But again, if nobody ever tells us until we're all here arguing at each other, we aint gonna go very far.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:08:13 PM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #961 on: September 26, 2011, 03:10:19 PM »

DSX8 Won't report his own posts in his own thread, but I'm sure people could do so for him Wink

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

« Reply #962 on: September 26, 2011, 03:21:41 PM »

Oh sheesh yall, if I recall (read what I wrote months ago) correctly and in polite terms, I seem to remember it was more about the harsh sanction of one of the staff members as well as ignoring quite a lot of regular members saying they liked the idea that got on those nerves.

I also recall making a point to say it was not about post counts numerous times too 0.o

All your examples just happening to come from the family thread. I mean, what are the odds there?

Just sayin.

Honestly, if you guys feel pride in your post counts, then its rather sad.

Miacis, I've been on a few boards where you had the option to hide your own post count, would something like that be possible here?

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #963 on: September 26, 2011, 03:30:40 PM »

All your examples just happening to come from the family thread. I mean, what are the odds there?

Just sayin.

This post happening to ignore entire point as well as grammatical laws.
    to quote myself again;
    Lets get some things straight here.  You seem to think that everyone is angry about the small issue of post counts.  That is clearly not the case.  You became angry when Haku changed the rules without your consent.  It was a sensible change, yes, he probably should have asked you first, and no, you shouldn't have made a decision on it before consulting forum members and not people who it doesn't affect (read: yourselves).  People are angrily because YOU were the ones to flip [censored] and make a big deal.  YOU were the ones that caused a large reaction.  For nothing. It really isn't a big deal.  Haku didn't make it one, you all did.  We aren't the one raging about how this isn't team-like behavior, and then locking and deleting topics left and right without consulting other mods.  We aren't the one making topics in the admin board ranting about how they want members banned that committed no wrong, just stated their opinion.  Most members appear to feel that its a reasonable change, and you are all being unreasonable, apparently for the sole reason that you can, because you have the power to.  Don't leave things the same because you don't want to let Haku get away with this terrible thing he's gone and done.

And I seem to have made an adequate response to you five months ago reguarding the issue, and it was settled
    It was not solely about post counts for the 100th time as clearly stated, and it was settled and didn't need to be made into an argument again.

I don't get what you don't get.  Is it the reading part?

And yeah, I kinda do like seeing who contributes to the hacking community rather than games and chats.  Am I wrong for this?  Can we stop beating the dead horse?
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:35:26 PM by LordNOaH » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #964 on: September 26, 2011, 03:39:10 PM »

LordNoah, can you please explain the bottom line of your quoted post ?
    Most members appear to feel that it's a reasonable change, and you are all being unreasonable, apparently for the sole reason that you can, because you have the power to.
    What is a that "reasonnable change" which is the end and the goal of that noble fight ?
    Remember, it wasn't about post counts. So what was it about ... ? Can you rewrite history ?

Miacis, I've been on a few boards where you had the option to hide your own post count, would something like that be possible here?
    Nope. Nothing like that comes to my mind ...
    And there's no mod for that either. :c
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:40:32 PM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

dRage
    Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic Pin Collector KCMM Old Timer

« Reply #965 on: September 26, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »

And yeah, I kinda do like seeing who contributes to the hacking community rather than games and chats.  Am I wrong for this?

No, there's nothing wrong with that. But the new postcounts don't accurately reflect that either. There's one person in particular in the Top 5 that you probably wouldn't consider as "contributing to the hacking community" but I shouldn't be pointing fingers here.

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #966 on: September 26, 2011, 03:43:10 PM »

LordNoah, can you please explain the bottom line of your quoted post ?What is a that "reasonnable change" which is the end and the goal of that noble fight ?
    Ah, the noble fight would be you ignoring your members.  It could have been about anything.
    No, there's nothing wrong with that. But the new postcounts don't accurately reflect that either. There's one person in particular in the Top 5 that you probably wouldn't consider as "contributing to the hacking community" but I shouldn't be pointing fingers here.
    this is true, but its better than what it was before.  I think we can move on?  Just tell people to report stuff in beyond's and DSX8's threads?
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:45:30 PM by LordNOaH » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #967 on: September 26, 2011, 03:47:48 PM »

Just tell people to report stuff in beyond's and DSX8's threads?
    Or to report rule-breaking stuff wherever they see it?

Which we've been saying since the board was made?

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #968 on: September 26, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »

Ah, the noble fight would be you ignoring your members.
    Yup, we're still evil. Nice pirouette there.

Just tell people to report stuff in beyond's and DSX8's threads?
    Which is something we've always told to do before and ah screw it, Vyse ninja'd me again. :ninja'd:

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #969 on: September 26, 2011, 03:55:26 PM »

Yes, but the original discussion after being derailed by countless dead horses was on spam on those boards in particular.
    Thumbs up for the new moderating system. I'd like to compliment Vyse for constantly coming up with ways to improve this forum (was gone for a week due to sickness so I'm going to assume that was Vyse's idea if not then feel free to correct me).

Oh and just my two cents on the postcount issue:

Ever visited Beyond's thread, where people can fill several pages with things unrelated to the hacks currently in the making? Or maybe DSX8's thread which is constantly getting abused as a chat thread? How come with all the views those threads have none of this has ever been brought up in the whole postcount crusade? Do I smell the delicious smell of hypocrisy?

That is all, I don't care about postcounts, so I'm not going to suggest removing postcounts from those threads. I actually like how mine now accurately reflects my activity and interest in brawl hacking.
    Yup, we're still evil. Nice pirouette there.
    In that particular context I was referring to a past tense issue, so, no.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:57:00 PM by LordNOaH » Logged

~Sköll~
    The Turtle Slayer
    Newbie Kitten

Butt hurt much? :3

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #970 on: September 26, 2011, 04:13:08 PM »

Well moderators, admins and owners.. i just got one thing to say to you before i stop becoming a stalker kitty by making this post..

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #971 on: September 26, 2011, 04:14:54 PM »

... Cracker, you were really missing that green light, weren't you ? =_=

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

« Reply #972 on: September 26, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »

LordNoah, can you please explain the bottom line of your quoted post ?What is a that "reasonnable change" which is the end and the goal of that noble fight ?
    Remember, it wasn't about post counts. So what was it about ... ? Can you rewrite history ?

Nope. Nothing like that comes to my mind ...
    And there's no mod for that either. :c

Lame.

This post happening to ignore entire point as well as grammatical laws.
    to quote myself again;I don't get what you don't get.  Is it the reading part?
    And yeah, I kinda do like seeing who contributes to the hacking community rather than games and chats.  Am I wrong for this?  Can we stop beating the dead horse?

Its just you act like you did some noble act of justice, even though it didn't mater.

Post counts got brought back up by the recalculation, and for whatever reason its an iffy subject. There really isn't much to talk about, you just distorted the truth of what happened, and I corrected you.

I haven't really done the new style of moderation yet, is everything working for it?

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #973 on: September 26, 2011, 05:03:04 PM »

you just distorted the truth of what happened, and I corrected you.
    Could you pretty please point out where this happened?

milliondollar mistake
    Extreme Kitten

Boom.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #974 on: September 26, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »

I'm curious, how come my post count went down by about 300?

My 3DS friend info, just PM me and I'll add you.
    Name:James
    FC:0216-0855-5243

Pages:  1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: