Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: milliondollar mistake on September 26, 2011, 11:30:00 PM
I'm curious, how come my post count went down by about 300?
Posts in off-topic don't count anymore.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Oh. Ok thank you.
My 3DS friend info, just PM me and I'll add you.
Name:James
FC:0216-0855-5243
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Oizen™ on September 26, 2011, 10:52:00 PM
I haven't really done the new style of moderation yet, is everything working for it?
There's been hardly any reports since I started it, but it seems to be fine on our end. Dunno how it's working for the users, but I didn't have any trouble in my testing, so we'll see.

Quote from: Vyse on September 27, 2011, 02:37:13 AM
There's been hardly any reports since I started it, but it seems to be fine on our end. Dunno how it's working for the users, but I didn't have any trouble in my testing, so we'll see.

Rediculously annoying to find posts we delete.

so I suggest warning them, then deleting the post.

Quote from: Oizen™ on September 27, 2011, 02:49:31 AM
so I suggest warning them, then deleting the post.
That makes the PM link to the old location of the post instead of the new one in the Recycle Bin.

Quote from: Vyse on September 27, 2011, 02:51:11 AM
That makes the PM link to the old location of the post instead of the new one in the Recycle Bin.

Then I guess its dumpster diving.

speaking of the recycling bin
only the members are able to view the trash can right?

or maybe you can just post their whole quote in the pm
even if the family may disappear, the time we spent together will not...
Check out my DeviantArt:
http://sigufaira.deviantart.com/
Check out my Youtube too!: http://www.youtube.com/user/faira0496?feature=watch
3DS FC: 0559-7845-4582
other info:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

personas
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: ℱїяa on September 27, 2011, 02:57:39 AM
speaking of the recycling bin
only the members are able to view the trash can right?

or maybe you can just post their whole quote in the pm
? at the second part.

Only you can see your bin and I can only see mine.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on September 27, 2011, 03:00:26 AM
? at the second part.


i mean like the warned/moderated/muted post
even if the family may disappear, the time we spent together will not...
Check out my DeviantArt:
http://sigufaira.deviantart.com/
Check out my Youtube too!: http://www.youtube.com/user/faira0496?feature=watch
3DS FC: 0559-7845-4582
other info:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

personas
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: ℱїяa on September 27, 2011, 03:01:54 AM
i mean like the warned/moderated/muted post

People will still see the title above your name, but unless you tell other people why, they wont know why you're warned.

Quote from: Oizen™ on September 27, 2011, 03:02:43 AM

People will still see the title above your name, but unless you tell other people why, they wont know why you're warned.

thats a good point there

so maybe it should remain as it is now
even if the family may disappear, the time we spent together will not...
Check out my DeviantArt:
http://sigufaira.deviantart.com/
Check out my Youtube too!: http://www.youtube.com/user/faira0496?feature=watch
3DS FC: 0559-7845-4582
other info:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

personas
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: ℱїяa on September 27, 2011, 03:04:29 AM
thats a good point there

so maybe it should remain as it is now

It is. ._.

Though it makes my job a little more of a pain, but I'll get used to it.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on September 26, 2011, 08:47:10 PM
Why are some of you bringing up old issues? It's almost as if you want another flame war to happen.

I just want to say that bringing up old [censored] from the past, is not a very smart thing to do. I also thought that things from the past were irrelevant? Apparently not.

I just don't get the people who state they don't care, they never cared, they never will care, they only care on Saturdays, but you still talk about it?
Quoted for truth.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on September 26, 2011, 08:47:10 PM
Now let's just let it go already. Does everything always have to be so dramatic? <_<
"KC MM
You'll come for the Hacks and stay for the Drama!"

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on September 26, 2011, 09:01:02 PM
Really, the new post counts are more accurate in measuring who's actually contributing to what this site was made for in the first point: hacking. It wasn't made to be a social networking site.
Sadly, not really.
Many people post spam as well as irrelevant and off-topic things all over the forum.
And because I feel like being dull, I'll say the most clear example is NaruZeldaMaster.

Oh, and there's the introductions sub-forum too, while some people post there to give an authentic welcome to new people, others post for the sake of posting and raising their post count...

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on September 26, 2011, 09:07:14 PM
Yes, we barely ever get any reports about the spam in these topics. I've even learnt about some of these threads just now. So when I'm saying something silly like "There won't be anymore Spam in any boards where posts are counted, we promise.", I am not "trying to work around the problem". I am just describing a reality that there doesn't seem to be many users that are concerned about that spam.

So if you want things to change, you'll need to be a man and use that report button whenever someone strays off. We don't always hand sanctionsfor reports, you know ? Sometimes, we just make a post in the topic to put things back into order.
But again, if nobody ever tells us until we're all here arguing at each other, we aint gonna go very far.
Now this is something that reminds me of a certain thing I wanted to discuss before...

What the hell?
Do staff people even check threads in all parts of the forum? And you know... actually do their job?
Do you guys have the initiative of checking new posts and new threads?

It gives me the impression that you just moderate if you happen to see it by chance in a thread you're interested in... Or maybe only pay attention when something's reported.

When I had the time some weeks ago, I roamed a little around the sections, checked a few threads, found rule-breaking posts and reported them.
I didn't even need to be searching, I just randomly checked the most recent page in a thread and found them... then how come mods don't do anything about them or even notice all the spam?

Users shouldn't be notifying the staff about everything... and the staff shouldn't rely on users reporting all that happens here.
I thought people in staff would at least have the common sense of "patrolling".

Also... "you'll need to be a man and use that report button"...
lolwut XD

September 27, 2011, 04:12:01 AM #988 Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:13:35 AM by Vyse
...How much time do you think we have?

Either you don't appreciate just how large this forum is, or you're just being unreasonable. Of course we don't go around checking everything. You said yourself that you went looking

Quote from: cx_asuka on September 27, 2011, 03:57:42 AM
When I had the time

Which I know I don't have. I'm a senior CS major; my limited time here is largely spent working behind the scenes on stuff, like what I've done lately, and handling reports. I certainly don't have the luxury of looking around for extra stuff to do, especially when I don't care a bit about Brawl hacking anyway.

Report the stuff and we'll take care of it (assuming your report goes through; really gotta look into that). You're in the threads anyway, so why not?

Though maybe we will find a few people to be local mods instead of global, to "patrol" some high-traffic boards. It's something that needs to be discussed.

Quote from: Vyse on September 27, 2011, 04:12:01 AM
Though maybe we will find a few people to be local mods instead of global, to "patrol" some high-traffic boards. It's something that needs to be discussed.
does sound like an idea. I would say that cause you guys need the help sometimes, and you arn't always available.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!