Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on February 13, 2012, 05:23:45 PM
are quote tags usable in polls? cause it won't preview a video in a quote
I think the poll acts like every post on the boards, so quote's could work. But isn't there a way to disable the auto-embedding in polls only? And in signatures, people could link those and cause longer loading times.

Quote from: Vyse on February 13, 2012, 05:07:13 PM
You realize this does a whole lot more than just Youtube?
I'm just saying that auto-embedding is annoying to those who prefer links only in polls and such? What i wondered was if it's possible to disable auto-embedding in polls and signatures. To prevent crazy long loading times caused by video's.

February 13, 2012, 07:08:48 PM #1816 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:11:56 PM by Miacis
Unfortunatly (and unsurprisingly) SMF doesn't offer that kind of freedom of customisation.
But as Kit pointed out, putting the video in a spoiler solves the problem in both cases, as the preview is only loded once the spoiler is opened...
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

I'm wondering...
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41538.0
Should I close this thread? I feel like it could turn into a [censored] storm...
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on February 14, 2012, 01:47:19 AM
I'm wondering...
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41538.0
Should I close this thread? I feel like it could turn into a [censored] storm...

I'd say just let it be and monitor it closely, and if things get outta hand go ahead and lock it.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on February 14, 2012, 01:53:19 AM
I'd say just let it be and monitor it closely, and if things get outta hand go ahead and lock it.
qft
Atm it's pretty level headed.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



February 14, 2012, 01:48:15 PM #1820 Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:44:34 PM by Kakalaa
Should this be locked or moved somewhere else?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41547.0

It doesn't seem like it's going anywhere.

EDIT: Al moved it.
Quote from: SegtendoNoobs have been taking over Brawl Vault. ಠ_ಠ

February 15, 2012, 02:03:52 PM #1821 Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:05:56 PM by Miacis
You guys have probably already noticed, but we installed some mods to the boards a few days ago. Here's a quick list of everything we installed:

- Enhanced PM Warning Message: If you turned the "You have recieved one (or more) new personnal message" popup on, it will now display the Author and subject of the last message you recieved.

- Page Dropdown: Pretty self-explanatory. You can now use a dropdown list to navigate the pages in the topics.

- Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio: Allow the auto-embedding of a ton of video/audio/flash websites.

- Auto Merge Double Post: That is a bit of a novelty. Double-posts made in a 2-days time span will automatically get merged with a red notic showing the merge.

- Team Page: Currently working on it, so it's not accessible yet. It will show the list of admins and Mods, and how to contact them easily.

- Hide Unused Profile Display Fields: Before, if you didn't fill a part of your Profile, like if you didn't have an MSN adress, the Summary of your Profile would show a blank line (ie: MSN:          ). Now, those blank lines do not appear anymore.

- Locked Topic Color: Locked topics now appear in gray. So they're easier to spot I guess.


Vyse is still working on the team page thing, and another plugin we'd like to install. We'll make sure to write another notice whenever these are ready.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on February 15, 2012, 02:03:52 PM
- Auto Merge Double Post: That is a bit of a novelty. Double-posts made in a 2-days time span will automatically get merged with a red notic showing the merge.

Are mods/admins immune to this or is it disabled for certain boards?

I tested it in forum games and it doesn't seem to work for me.

[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I believe only Global Mods and Admins are exceptions to the new plugin. (Most likely cause it's programmed to do so)

Global Mods and Admins are immune to it, as well as Local Mods, in the boards that they moderate.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Miacis on February 15, 2012, 02:38:31 PM
Global Mods and Admins are immune to it, as well as Local Mods, in the boards that they moderate.

I see, thanks for clearing that up =D


I think the only way to double post is wait a few days, cuz it says it'll merge posts within 2 days of the first post.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: LordNOaH on February 16, 2012, 01:33:17 AM
I noticed double posts don't bump topics now, any way around this?
You could always delete the post and re-post. Just like I just did.

I'd like to suggest that on the "Preview/Post" window, a Quote tags button be added for the sole purpose of linking Youtube videos without loading the preview as Kit mentioned it'd not show this way.

Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on February 16, 2012, 05:42:50 PM
using a quote tag with a spoiler will prevent videos from being auto converted.
Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moD68NWxMmI&feature=player_embedded

And it actually works.