Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 03, 2012, 10:43:45 AM #2025 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:58:42 AM by Mewtwo2000
Hey, don't know who's in the one that controls this, but somebody should make something about the triplicated facebook entries, which are also shown in the vault. Slippy Toad is cool, but there are 3 instances of him in there...

By the way, talking about Brawlvault. When somebody wants to get the best hacks for a slot (for example, the best Ikes in the vault), if he tries to sort by downloads, the newer and cooler hacks won't be listed first, just cause the old vertices are in there for a much longer time and have more downloads.

A rating system would unbalance the neutrality in the vault, and same to team badges. But what's sure is that people want the best character hacks. Maybe a new sort by popularity (in downloads/day or downloads/month) would make more sense for these cases?

Also, a PSA-only section is really needed. If I'm looking for character costumes, I don't want to find PSAs. If I want to find a PSA, I don't want to get lost with the tons of character costumes in the vault.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

QuoteHey, don't know who's in the one that controls this, but somebody should make something about the triplicated facebook entries, which are also shown in the vault. Slippy Toad is cool, but there are 3 instances of him in there...
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it happens every time the submission is edited. I'll ask Jack H what he thinks about that, and if there's a way to fix it (from our side, or from IST/LST 's).

QuoteA rating system would unbalance the neutrality in the vault, and same to team badges. But what's sure is that people want the best character hacks. Maybe a new sort by popularity (in downloads/day or downloads/month) would make more sense for these cases?
The Downloads/Day sorting is rather unreliable ... posting a hack on the blogs will generally make any hack reach the top no matter what. Downloads/Week or Download/Month sounds like a better idea. I'll poke picano and see what he thinks about it.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on April 03, 2012, 10:43:45 AMAlso, a PSA-only section is really needed. If I'm looking for character costumes, I don't want to find PSAs. If I want to find a PSA, I don't want to get lost with the tons of character costumes in the vault.
Well, there's always the Advanced Search to limit/remove PSAs, right? Or is that not enough?
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Pretty sure whoever is in charge of the Facebook page can just delete the extra occurrences.

Also, I edited my last LST blog post at least twice, but it still appeared only once.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: Miacis on April 03, 2012, 11:22:02 AMWell, there's always the Advanced Search to limit/remove PSAs, right? Or is that not enough?

Yeah, sure, and the advanced search is really useful for that (even knowing that there are people who have not ever tried/found it). It's just about classification what I'm talking about. Character visuals and character movesets are not the same.

Anyway, I don't really care about PSAs staying where they are, just giving my 2 cents.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

I have a concern and suggestion for off-topic.

There are topics, like certain videogame franchises, that are really popular and have threads dedicated to them. However, sometimes the threads stay dead for some time due to the lack of relevant news going on.
But when something relevant surges, only the original author of the thread is allowed to revive the thread according to the rules.

There's where the problem rises, the other users who want to post there refrain from doing so because it's against the rules to necropost, and end up making new threads for the same things that could or should just go in an already existent thread.
This also happens if they don't see the thread within the first 2 pages.
So instead of reviving the Zelda main thread, people make 3 or more new Zelda threads.

I was considering to just make sticky the most popular threads in off-topic, to fix the necroposting inconvenience, but if I did, it would fill the majority of the first page.

So I want to suggest an "official thread" system.
It would just mean that threads dedicated to either popular themes or big topics of discussion, like the next smash, would have "Official Thread" added to the name of the thread, and would mean any user can revive the discussion at any given time, but also including the obligation of posting all related content there instead of making new small threads.

Sounds like the "General" thread system some 4chan boards use and I quite like.

I have no problem with it. Anything that reduces clutter is fine by me.

And a SSB4 thread.
I'm so tired of seeing 100 of those pop up :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo Sakuraba on April 10, 2012, 01:40:23 PM
And a SSB4 thread.
I'm so tired of seeing 100 of those pop up :srs:

While that won't stop the threads from poping up, mods will at least be able to close them and direct people to the main thread.

Smashboards also does this with topics like SSB4's thread among others. I like it, we can totally do it here. I think adding [General] to the front of the topic title shall do.

Then, if this means it's got green light, I'll just go ahead and incorporate it.

Quote from: cx_asuka on April 12, 2012, 04:29:28 AM
Then, if this means it's got green light, I'll just go ahead and incorporate it.
I suppose you can go with either [Official] or [General]. Go for it, as no one is against it.

April 12, 2012, 09:11:08 AM #2036 Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:19:10 AM by Miacis
Quote from: cx_asuka on April 12, 2012, 04:29:28 AM
Then, if this means it's got green light, I'll just go ahead and incorporate it.
Sure, go ahead.
Sounds good to me.

Maybe you should post a sticky- oh wait, nevermind. Already did that.
Damn you're fast.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

I'm curious.
Could we add a rule in the forum rules about those "mega packs" of textures people put out on the Vault? You could group it along with plagiarism.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Shulktendo on April 13, 2012, 10:30:29 PM
I'm curious.
Could we add a rule in the forum rules about those "mega packs" of textures people put out on the Vault? You could group it along with plagiarism.

I second this suggestion.  People that load up a bunch of existing hacks into one big pack without crediting the makers properly are really just stealing hacks to up their own DL counts.  The site should have a specific written rule against stuff like that.

Quote from: Victory Badguy on April 13, 2012, 10:36:07 PM
People that load up a bunch of existing hacks into one big pack without crediting the makers properly are really just stealing hacks to up their own DL counts. 
All they say is "with credit to all the creators!"
That's a [censored]ty credit. We need names :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]