Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 1003683 times)
Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2025 on: April 03, 2012, 04:43:45 AM »

Hey, don't know who's in the one that controls this, but somebody should make something about the triplicated facebook entries, which are also shown in the vault. Slippy Toad is cool, but there are 3 instances of him in there...

By the way, talking about Brawlvault. When somebody wants to get the best hacks for a slot (for example, the best Ikes in the vault), if he tries to sort by downloads, the newer and cooler hacks won't be listed first, just cause the old vertices are in there for a much longer time and have more downloads.

A rating system would unbalance the neutrality in the vault, and same to team badges. But what's sure is that people want the best character hacks. Maybe a new sort by popularity (in downloads/day or downloads/month) would make more sense for these cases?

Also, a PSA-only section is really needed. If I'm looking for character costumes, I don't want to find PSAs. If I want to find a PSA, I don't want to get lost with the tons of character costumes in the vault.
    « Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:58:42 AM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #2026 on: April 03, 2012, 05:22:02 AM »

Hey, don't know who's in the one that controls this, but somebody should make something about the triplicated facebook entries, which are also shown in the vault. Slippy Toad is cool, but there are 3 instances of him in there...
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think it happens every time the submission is edited. I'll ask Jack H what he thinks about that, and if there's a way to fix it (from our side, or from IST/LST 's).

A rating system would unbalance the neutrality in the vault, and same to team badges. But what's sure is that people want the best character hacks. Maybe a new sort by popularity (in downloads/day or downloads/month) would make more sense for these cases?
    The Downloads/Day sorting is rather unreliable ... posting a hack on the blogs will generally make any hack reach the top no matter what. Downloads/Week or Download/Month sounds like a better idea. I'll poke picano and see what he thinks about it.

Also, a PSA-only section is really needed. If I'm looking for character costumes, I don't want to find PSAs. If I want to find a PSA, I don't want to get lost with the tons of character costumes in the vault.
    Well, there's always the Advanced Search to limit/remove PSAs, right? Or is that not enough?

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #2027 on: April 03, 2012, 07:27:32 AM »

Pretty sure whoever is in charge of the Facebook page can just delete the extra occurrences.

Also, I edited my last LST blog post at least twice, but it still appeared only once.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #2028 on: April 03, 2012, 09:10:39 AM »

Well, there's always the Advanced Search to limit/remove PSAs, right? Or is that not enough?

Yeah, sure, and the advanced search is really useful for that (even knowing that there are people who have not ever tried/found it). It's just about classification what I'm talking about. Character visuals and character movesets are not the same.

Anyway, I don't really care about PSAs staying where they are, just giving my 2 cents.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2029 on: April 10, 2012, 12:37:37 AM »

I have a concern and suggestion for off-topic.

There are topics, like certain videogame franchises, that are really popular and have threads dedicated to them. However, sometimes the threads stay dead for some time due to the lack of relevant news going on.
    But when something relevant surges, only the original author of the thread is allowed to revive the thread according to the rules.

There's where the problem rises, the other users who want to post there refrain from doing so because it's against the rules to necropost, and end up making new threads for the same things that could or should just go in an already existent thread.
    This also happens if they don't see the thread within the first 2 pages.
    So instead of reviving the Zelda main thread, people make 3 or more new Zelda threads.

I was considering to just make sticky the most popular threads in off-topic, to fix the necroposting inconvenience, but if I did, it would fill the majority of the first page.

So I want to suggest an "official thread" system.
    It would just mean that threads dedicated to either popular themes or big topics of discussion, like the next smash, would have "Official Thread" added to the name of the thread, and would mean any user can revive the discussion at any given time, but also including the obligation of posting all related content there instead of making new small threads.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #2030 on: April 10, 2012, 01:50:33 AM »

Sounds like the "General" thread system some 4chan boards use and I quite like.

I have no problem with it. Anything that reduces clutter is fine by me.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #2031 on: April 10, 2012, 07:40:23 AM »

And a SSB4 thread.
    I'm so tired of seeing 100 of those pop up Im srs here

dRage
    Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic Pin Collector KCMM Old Timer

« Reply #2032 on: April 10, 2012, 08:21:33 AM »

And a SSB4 thread.
    I'm so tired of seeing 100 of those pop up Im srs here

While that won't stop the threads from poping up, mods will at least be able to close them and direct people to the main thread.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2033 on: April 10, 2012, 08:39:54 AM »

Smashboards also does this with topics like SSB4's thread among others. I like it, we can totally do it here. I think adding [General] to the front of the topic title shall do.

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2034 on: April 11, 2012, 10:29:28 PM »

Then, if this means it's got green light, I'll just go ahead and incorporate it.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2035 on: April 11, 2012, 10:41:42 PM »

Then, if this means it's got green light, I'll just go ahead and incorporate it.
    I suppose you can go with either [Official] or [General]. Go for it, as no one is against it.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #2036 on: April 12, 2012, 03:11:08 AM »

Sure, go ahead.
    Sounds good to me.

Maybe you should post a sticky- oh wait, nevermind. Already did that.
    Damn you're fast.
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:19:10 AM by Miacis » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #2037 on: April 13, 2012, 04:30:29 PM »

I'm curious.
    Could we add a rule in the forum rules about those "mega packs" of textures people put out on the Vault? You could group it along with plagiarism.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2038 on: April 13, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »

I'm curious.
    Could we add a rule in the forum rules about those "mega packs" of textures people put out on the Vault? You could group it along with plagiarism.

I second this suggestion.  People that load up a bunch of existing hacks into one big pack without crediting the makers properly are really just stealing hacks to up their own DL counts.  The site should have a specific written rule against stuff like that.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #2039 on: April 13, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »

People that load up a bunch of existing hacks into one big pack without crediting the makers properly are really just stealing hacks to up their own DL counts. 
    All they say is "with credit to all the creators!"
    That's a [censored]ty credit. We need names Im srs here

Pages:  1 ... 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: