Devil May Cry: Dante Version 1.3 Beta New Team of DO and SilentDoOm

Started by DivineOverlord, June 21, 2011, 09:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

What should his throw attacks/animations be?

?
28 (68.3%)
?
13 (31.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on June 29, 2011, 11:29:07 AM
Cool bro ;)  I've made some more animations.  However, I can't send them to you for another few hours since I'm currently doing work experience XD

Also, once the final version of this is done I'll make a blog post for this (it's about time I made a blog post on something I actually worked on anyway XD).

Awesome!!( take your time if you need more time) can't wait to seem them though XD. I'll work on his throws later on. I'm about to go to sleep haha its 4:30AM over here.
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


Hey SD, i don't know if you guys already implemented it in version 1.3, but i was wondering if you guys were still planning on infusing Dante with that trickster playstyle. Seems like a great/creative idea, while staying true to his character at the same time

Quote from: OGcuddles13 on June 29, 2011, 09:14:10 PM
Hey SD, i don't know if you guys already implemented it in version 1.3, but i was wondering if you guys were still planning on infusing Dante with that trickster playstyle. Seems like a great/creative idea, while staying true to his character at the same time

Most likely.  I've made the animations so it makes sense ^^

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on June 29, 2011, 09:30:37 PM
Most likely.  I've made the animations so it makes sense ^^

yup. we'll definitely try to give him a trickster play style.
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo



Ok cool, glad to hear guys. Be more than happy to drop some feedback and hopefully contribute in some way (though there's no end to the competent supporters who are already doing so).

Oh btw has anybody taken it upon themselves to release a vid showcasing 1.3 version? Just checked out cyberdark's vid too, but it appears to be the 1.0 build

I added a new up throw for Dante. It's basically the same as Fox's up throw except Dante Style XD

here is a pic


Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo



^ lol thanks. he does 4-5 gun shots after throwing a foe to the air. :af:
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


Quote from: EnigmaticSpirit on June 26, 2011, 01:16:30 AM
The hammer looks like a much better f-air.

Late response is late XD  But I think I'll do both of them.  It could be Killer Bee by default, and Trickster cancel into the Hammer.  I'll do Killer Bee first as the F Air, since it will be easier to do (the current F Air I will rotate around so it become the B Air XD)

That's a great idea, really committing to that playstyle is shaping Dante into the most in-depth and versatile PSA out there. I can see that it's gonna take a lot of work to master his moves.... looking forward to it! Getting the flashy treatment he deserves haha

Quote from: OGcuddles13 on June 30, 2011, 09:43:36 PM
That's a great idea, really committing to that playstyle is shaping Dante into the most in-depth and versatile PSA out there. I can see that it's gonna take a lot of work to master his moves.... looking forward to it! Getting the flashy treatment he deserves haha

Haha yep ^^  I've just been doing some balance tweaks to the current v1.3 release too, as well as adding the new moves that I've been doing.  Also, I've got a couple more ideas for throws:

F Throw could be his grounded forward throw from Marvel vs Capcom 3.  This is what it looks like:

http://youtu.be/J_HdPx_pyJU?t=1m16s

For the B Throw, we could either have Divine's idea, or I was thinking Dante could casually swerve past and behind the foe (either that or teleport behind them) and shot them point blank in the back of the head to knock them away.

Also, for one of his taunts, he should definitely have this animation:

http://youtu.be/J_HdPx_pyJU?t=19s

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on June 30, 2011, 10:03:49 PM
Haha yep ^^  I've just been doing some balance tweaks to the current v1.3 release too, as well as adding the new moves that I've been doing.  Also, I've got a couple more ideas for throws:

F Throw could be his grounded forward throw from Marvel vs Capcom 3.  This is what it looks like:

http://youtu.be/J_HdPx_pyJU?t=1m16s

For the B Throw, we could either have Divine's idea, or I was thinking Dante could casually swerve past and behind the foe (either that or teleport behind them) and shot them point blank in the back of the head to knock them away.

Also, for one of his taunts, he should definitely have this animation:

http://youtu.be/J_HdPx_pyJU?t=19s

very cool ;D
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


Yeah that would be incrediblel. I couldn't even imagine how you could create the animation for that front throw. Do you think it should have some knockback?

And DO, did you ever figure out if you could have that red circle accompany dante's air trick, like it MvC3?

Quote from: OGcuddles13 on June 30, 2011, 11:30:56 PM
Yeah that would be incrediblel. I couldn't even imagine how you could create the animation for that front throw. Do you think it should have some knockback?

And DO, did you ever figure out if you could have that red circle accompany dante's air trick, like it MvC3?

it actually pretty easy to make the forward throw animation, I would use the grab, throw, then jump edited key frames and just use the throw bone for bullets XD

oh and I still havent found a way to make a red run trace...I've actually been updating SKull Kid XD...
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo