Devil May Cry: Dante Version 1.3 Beta New Team of DO and SilentDoOm

Started by DivineOverlord, June 21, 2011, 09:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What should his throw attacks/animations be?

?
28 (68.3%)
?
13 (31.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on July 05, 2011, 01:03:16 AM
I was kidding... I really do need to be more obvious about these...
It works fine for me.

lol yea definitely.
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


Yeah that was bit of a heavy-handed/rude way to shoot down such an avid supporter like tails, DO. It's understandable that you can't give time and attention to every single person (especially for a project that's purely voluntary on your part), but there's no need to be harsh to someone looking to help you polish and debug your final product. In the words of Puraidou, it was very "female doggy-like" with the way you addressed the topic

Alrighty, before this devolves into a flame war, I think we should redirect our attention to what this thread is about.

*ahem*

DO, I hope you've been paying attention to the comments people have been leaving on the video I made for you, because they have some suggestions for your moveset as well.

Also, they keep thinking I made it. >_>

Nah, I haven't checked it yet. In version 1.0 beta, I only worked on it for 4 days (started friday night, released monday) so I know there will probably be a lot of opinions on how they view they're vision of Dante to be when I mainly based it off MVC 3. But, I'll check. lol
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


Mmk, just letting you know.

And does version 1.3 need a video? I have the next two days off work, so I'd be willing to make another video if you'd like.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on July 05, 2011, 06:15:45 PM
Mmk, just letting you know.

And does version 1.3 need a video? I have the next two days off work, so I'd be willing to make another video if you'd like.

oh no not yet, I haven't been working on Dante much, I could this weekend but I think SDOOm is doing stuff with it and I am not sure what he's done so far. XD
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo


Ok, just making sure. XD

Let me know when you need another video, ya?

Ya.

Is there a way to make a Taunt Change his styles? (did i ask this before?)

I'd like to see a Trickster style along with his sword and his defense style.

Perhaps his b move could change with taunts.

Trickster: In DMC3 Trickster gave you a air dodge type thing and when you leveled it all the way up, you could kinda teleport to your opponent. So for this... maybe something along the lines of a counter. Press B and he does a taunt and if approached during that taunt, he teleports behind the person (they would be frozen I guess) and slashes or something. Same for the air but make the hit a meteor.

Sword Style (I forgot the name) : Pressing B does some type of move where his sword circles around him slashing anyone who gets close. Same for the Air.

Shield Style (Forgot the name too) : From what I remember in DMC his defense style allowed him to absorb attacks then unleash it in a single shot. Perhaps something akin to Mr.GW's move but Dante Style. He'd pull the shield out, and ANY attack that hit him (up to 3) would save the damage in his shield then once its full, a single punch or shot or stab or somthing would unleash it upon someone.

It should be somewhat do able if my assumptions about Ike's file size is correct. And based on the Yuuna PSA and the other PSAs I've seen, taunting being able to change move sets isn't that hard. Specially if its only one move.

[/suggestion]


I can't wait for v2 to drop.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on July 05, 2011, 09:54:13 PM
Is there a way to make a Taunt Change his styles? (did i ask this before?)

I'd like to see a Trickster style along with his sword and his defense style.

Perhaps his b move could change with taunts.

Trickster: In DMC3 Trickster gave you a air dodge type thing and when you leveled it all the way up, you could kinda teleport to your opponent. So for this... maybe something along the lines of a counter. Press B and he does a taunt and if approached during that taunt, he teleports behind the person (they would be frozen I guess) and slashes or something. Same for the air but make the hit a meteor.

Sword Style (I forgot the name) : Pressing B does some type of move where his sword circles around him slashing anyone who gets close. Same for the Air.

Shield Style (Forgot the name too) : From what I remember in DMC his defense style allowed him to absorb attacks then unleash it in a single shot. Perhaps something akin to Mr.GW's move but Dante Style. He'd pull the shield out, and ANY attack that hit him (up to 3) would save the damage in his shield then once its full, a single punch or shot or stab or somthing would unleash it upon someone.

It should be somewhat do able if my assumptions about Ike's file size is correct. And based on the Yuuna PSA and the other PSAs I've seen, taunting being able to change move sets isn't that hard. Specially if its only one move.

[/suggestion]


I can't wait for v2 to drop.

File size limit says high.  Stuff like the last suggestion in particular would take up a LOT of file space.  I don't know how much Dante has remaining in his FitIke.pac file (since I got over 500KB with my Cloud).  The FitIkeMotionEtc.pac won't be a problem at all.  Since I cleaned quite a few of the animations, the file size is actually LESS than Ike's default XD

Perhaps the taunt could change just a couple moves? Like just his smashes or just his specials?

Quote from: Nega Scott on July 05, 2011, 10:01:14 PM
File size limit says high.  Stuff like the last suggestion in particular would take up a LOT of file space.  I don't know how much Dante has remaining in his FitIke.pac file (since I got over 500KB with my Cloud).  The FitIkeMotionEtc.pac won't be a problem at all.  Since I cleaned quite a few of the animations, the file size is actually LESS than Ike's default XD

I'm only just starting to understand the details of this hacking lingo... But what I understand from that is that there isn't much more you can add in his moveset meaning hit boxes and stuff right? But as for animations, you've got plenty of room to play with.

Correct me if I'm wrong though. Still noobin it up here...

Anyway, they were just suggestions that I'd absolutely love to see implemented if at all possible. If not, the refining the current actions is perfectly fine.  My main problem is the crazy hard aim for his Dair. I've figured it to you having to be slightly ahead of your opponent while about 1-2 Ike's above them for best results. But... I'd love it if it could... yanno... shoot straight down.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

I noticed whenever I played in 4 player battles Dante glitches. He has a yellow sword and he's surrounded in Ike's yellow light... and all his attacks look like they're that goldish yellow color from when Ike enters the battle. It doesn't do this in 1v1 though. Any reason why it might be doing this?

I had that problem too...
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Please don't be dead T_T
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

oh its not dead yet, Sdoom and I have just been busy with other projects yet we will come back to this soon ;D
Just a Financial Analyst that loves SSBB :D


Smash Attack 2.65: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17599
Noob Guide: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12169.0
PSA Resource Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=1337.0

Projects in Progress:
+ Dante Update
+ sword master kirby
+ Loyd over Pit
+ DO/KJ fusion Ichigo