Tcll's resource box

Started by DarkPikachu, July 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MDL0 template: how would you prefer the data fields??

named according to Nintendo's SDK
named for noobs to understand
Dude, you really are amazing :P I may not understand a lot of the things you're doing, but you explain it pretty well. It seems like you're making something that Nintendo hasn't even figured out yet! ;D Genious! You'll likely be the head programmer of a major gaming company! Maybe revolutionizing Nintendo itself! You're definatley goin' places. :P

heh
All I can say is Microsoft only comes close to what I`m doing...

Watson also comes close.
that was microsoft also right??
(not sure)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

that's VERY impressive! Do you think you'll make any video previews of you're system at work in the future?

hmm...
Never really got to thinkin about that before...

But more than likely I will =D

Which `system` are we talking about here??
Gfx or game?? lol :P

On a side note...
I didn`t quite mention everything for my dynamic modelling format...

I would also like to have it`s basic features work in a standard 3D editor
(The model should look like it`s at it`s lowest quality setting)
Verts: [X,Y,Z, R,D]
Faces: [[v,D], ...]

Right now (atm of typing this) I`ve only got verts supported,
But normal and uv support should be essy to add.

If my thoughts are correct, the uv`s should simply layer the texture over the sub-mesh ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

More people should be around this thread. They need to see your progress. :P

And I lurk for this upcoming moment.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41055.0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Looking for animations you cannot make yourself? Come request here.


Currently Working on
- Neku Animations
- Sanji Animations
- Crystal Animations

August 20, 2012, 05:14:49 PM #171 Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 01:56:31 AM by DarkPikachu
yay I've got a compy with net for the current moment :D
(sadly not for too long) -.-*

but here's some of my progress I've been wanting to post :)
for both previous and current progress images of my gfx system's development, you can check this out:
http://picasaweb.google.com/110263988688421174390/DynamicModelling#

as for my converter, there's been quite a few images I've wanted to UL :)
old UMC progress shots for MDL0:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

now here's progress on my converter after implementing the new file I/O implamentation:


^OBJ importing (comparison with Q3D)
I'm not sure why the normals get messed up yet >_>

and here's the download:
http://tcll5850.hostoi.com/UMC30aD2.zip

if you want to build scripts for this,
I'd recommend waiting until the next release ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

well i tried to download it, but it seems to have been removed...
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

uugh...
I even tried the DL and it worked >_<

Well...
Just wait till the next UD then...

...
Did you try R-click/Save As yet??

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on August 21, 2012, 12:23:43 PM
uugh...
I even tried the DL and it worked >_<

Well...
Just wait till the next UD then...

...
Did you try R-click/Save As yet??
yup tried that too... y not upload it to MF or dropbox?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I`m on a phone right now...

If I had my own net, I`d get back up with megaupload.
(they let you upload 1GB files)

Atm, I prefer my server...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Didn't MegaUpload get shut down?

August 21, 2012, 03:06:01 PM #177 Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:09:29 PM by Tcll
http://4megaupload.com

I think that`s right...
I only saw the url once...

Post Merge: August 22, 2012, 11:22:37 PM

jsyk guys...
This next version will be able to both import and export multiple file-types ;)

New implementations:
-Viewer initializes at startup.
-Ctrl+I to import (clears the scene each time)
-Ctrl+E to export
-most of the script functions are defined
-controls are written down (finally)

The blend format won`t be included...

I`ll try to post a google code project for this as well ;)
(for those who`d like to help in developing this)

Post Merge: August 23, 2012, 01:09:29 PM

well... I`m going to try my hand at getting basic materials/textures working...

Wish me luck :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

well I still fail at materials...
But at least I learned alot :)

I`m currently having a problem with encoding the structure in my format...


For what I know, the structure seems to follow this basic format:
Material -> Mtl_Node + Shader -> Textures

Looks simple enough right?
There`s about 50 functions that go into all of this.
(I havn`t even covered the shader functions yet, and the node is entirely dynamic)


But I did manage to get everything else updated including perspective mode
GOD I HATE PERSPECTIVE MODE

I thought ortho was a challenge, but perspective puts ortho to shame D:

I`ve set ortho as default as it`s better for getting exact coords...

I still have a problem where it doesnt size properly if w<h


Other than that,
I`ve also got a toggle for a grid or floor implemented.

I`ll be sure to post images with the release ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

August 30, 2012, 01:36:12 PM #179 Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:42:21 PM by Tcll
well, I have a release ready :)

You can view wireframe models now,
But the viewer lags alot with brawl-standard models....
Melee-standard models work quite decently...

Anyways, I think it has something to do with the default materials...
Once I can gain some advanced material/shader knowledge, I`ll be able to fix this.

Post Merge: August 30, 2012, 01:38:59 PM

oh yea...

Forgot to mention I got vertex colors working as material colors

Post Merge: August 30, 2012, 10:42:21 PM

o hey :o
Forgot to ask a few things...

1: Binary functions.
Would anyone rather use functions defined for handling data by it`s binary values, rather than current hex handling??
The current functions would work the same as they already break the hex into binary... >_>
But you could easily have the option of reading a 4-bit int ;)


2: multi-file handling methods... (1, 2, or both?)
The file system handles files by adding them to a list, and then indexing the desired file from that list.
The method of handling the file data can be:
- index a file using a single function to switch them
- use an index supplied with a data function


Both methods can be easily implamented...
But if you`re smart, you`d know the first option (although being a bit complex) is the better option.
But I`m one for conveince so I have to ask if you`d like me to implament the 2`nd option. :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.