Tcll's resource box

Started by DarkPikachu, July 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MDL0 template: how would you prefer the data fields??

named according to Nintendo's SDK
named for noobs to understand
June 01, 2012, 06:59:38 PM #135 Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 12:01:35 AM by DarkPikachu
Quote from: DJ Lowgey on May 25, 2012, 11:37:38 AM
Can your model converter fixing normals?
Or can you create a small program that ca fix the normals? that´s would be nice :)
dear gawd I've got alot to talk about D:
it doesn't atm, but I'll add the option when it takes shape ;)

anyways...
as for my converter:

I've gotton my own viewer working: =D


here's a few others:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



this one gave me problems:


THIS ONE gave me sooo many problems, but I got it:


and another one that gave me problems (I've actually got some surprizing info on this one):

I think you can guess this one :3

btw, he actually uses UV0 and UV1 =D

I ended up having to extract the internal library data to figure out what's causing OGL (my viewer) to crash
(my program shouldn't be crashing what so ever!!!) >:O
^apparently the OGL library itself is using sys.exit() which is overriding my error detection and closing the program

anyways, I've extracted the internal data sent to the viewer,
which is how I figured it out.
I didn't believe it at first, lol, until I looked into the session info:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

luckilly I've already prepaired my viewer for this... ^_^
although I'm not using the UV index values yet. XDD
(not until I handle pixel arrays first)

and yes you saw Giga Bowser :)
I got him converted as well:


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

HUGE improvement, I love it! :af2:
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Excuse me if this a stupid question but what would the converter be needed for? We can already use 3ds max for importing into brawlbox. Will this just remove the need for 3ds max?
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Quote from: toonlink444 on June 02, 2012, 09:24:29 AM
Excuse me if this a stupid question but what would the converter be needed for? We can already use 3ds max for importing into brawlbox. Will this just remove the need for 3ds max?
no... its for converting other models into OBJ's i believe.. such as models from Melee which r in .dat format.. and other games aswell.. not sure wat other games tho, i'd really like to see this support DS models since i have alot ripped :P
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Lost DSX8 on June 02, 2012, 10:30:19 AM
no... its for converting other models into OBJ's i believe.. such as models from Melee which r in .dat format.. and other games aswell.. not sure wat other games tho, i'd really like to see this support DS models since i have alot ripped :P
Ahhh makes sense now, thanks.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Good job, you're almost there!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41055.0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Looking for animations you cannot make yourself? Come request here.


Currently Working on
- Neku Animations
- Sanji Animations
- Crystal Animations


Very cool :)
looking good so far!
Hope this converter can fix normals in the future.

crazy_normals.dae --> converter --> fixed_normals.dae

:) :) :)

heh... I guess I did forget to add a description...
but then again, it doesn't really need one :P

just look at the name

you should be able to take any supported model format and convert it to another supported format.
(MDL0 will be import only until I figure out the resource groups and material info)



btw BJ...
you've been working with the XBox model format for some time...
mind schooling me on it a little??

I intend to add model support for Tales of Vesperia
(.dat model format like Melee)



heh...
just wait till I UG this thing to Universal Game Converter >:3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

lol
There's not much to school on... all model formats are different and I wasn't really able to import models into Halo 3 using Alteration anyway :/

But I'll code a Halo 3 model importer eventually >: D

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 10, 2012, 02:42:45 AM
lol
There's not much to school on... all model formats are different and I wasn't really able to import models into Halo 3 using Alteration anyway :/

But I'll code a Halo 3 model importer eventually >: D
well...
as expected...
but they'd have to do something along the lines of Nintendo using a similar format for every model.

lol they probably encode their models using an advanced version of DirectX XDD
(it's Microsoft we're talking about, so WhyTF not)

I just can't wait to be able to convert a .dol to a .xbe(XBox) or .rkv(PS2)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Dude if you can get yuri in your converter.... I'll thank you a ton. Man that game was fun
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

made an update ;D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14588848#post14588848

you guys might really like this one ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on June 18, 2012, 03:52:01 PM
made an update ;D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14588848#post14588848

you guys might really like this one ;)
nice :P

shame u dont have support for stages yet... v.v

oh and a question about this...
would it also convert the materials and shaders thats in those .dat files properly? O.o

cause i kno that Brinstar Depths and Pokefloats has some materials that has 2 textures in them.. lol.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

June 22, 2012, 09:55:03 PM #149 Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:47:41 AM by Tcll
Quote from: DSX8 on June 18, 2012, 08:59:02 PM
oh and a question about this...
would it also convert the materials and shaders thats in those .dat files properly? O.o

cause i kno that Brinstar Depths and Pokefloats has some materials that has 2 textures in them.. lol.
well...
I havn't seen anything advanced yet for DAT materials... >_>

just 3 colors (ambt,diff,spec) with a texture >_>

but it should be able to ;)
it converts the inputs to internal structures before converting to the outputs

I'm currently stuck and hopefully getting help from Revel8n <_<
apparently I was handling the local bone matrices improperly...

now I'm handling them correctly and it's majorly distorting the model >.<

Post Merge: June 23, 2012, 09:47:41 AM

well I've just found something that might make my work in defining a legit GUI alot easier
(a GUI that's exactly the way I want it to be) >:3

PyCEGUI

it's actually an extension support for PyOpenGL,
but it simplifies all the complications in creating a legit GUI.

learning how to use this along with OGL should give me a decent release for UMC3.0a :D
as well as future versions with the extra ideas I plan to implement.

as well as turning UMC into UGC 8)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.