Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Current Popular Hacks: Why they should not be.  (Read 14319 times)
PPXEXE
Supreme Kitten

There are worst things then death.....

• Awards Fiery Topic Former PMDT Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #45 on: July 15, 2011, 09:36:11 AM »

Rating? Yes that is a little off, i could see people coming here five rating things as a joke.

But what if was done more like deviantart, we're you could fave or message if only you are a member, and had some statistics like so.

Statistics
    Comments: 15
    Favourites: 13 [who?]
    Views: 24 (14 today)
    Downloads: 0 (0 today)

Have those who wish to fave or comment to make an account to do so, and KC-MM is already regulating multiple accounts so it would prevent spamming, this would leave it to the good judgement to those who have account to fav or comment.

No Dislike or anything like that, the only way to leave a negative response would be to comment.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: July 15, 2011, 09:44:05 AM »

Then what would be the point in making Showcase threads? Undecided
    It completely defeats the object.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: July 15, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »

I'll quote it here too.

Things that will likely never happen.
    • Comments
      • About as many votes for as against
      • Easily (and often) abused or misused
    • Ratings
      • Arbitrary
      • Easily (and often) abused or misused
      • Resource intensive

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2011, 10:02:51 AM »

Then what would be the point in making Showcase threads? Undecided
    It completely defeats the object.

Showcase should be for Promoting Featured Hacks, Hacks that stand above the others. That was approved by judgement, there are a few post in the showcase that shouldn't have been post these but was anyway because it was requested to be featured.

It should have quotes of the hack from the judges, details on the hack, and discussion/comments about it from the community.

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: July 15, 2011, 10:10:08 AM »

I'll quote it here too.
    I wandered where that was Smiley

Showcase should be for Promoting Featured Hacks, Hacks that stand above the others. That was approved by judgement, there are a few post in the showcase that shouldn't have been post these but was anyway because it was requested to be featured.

It should have quotes of the hack from the judges, details on the hack, and discussion/comments about it from the community.
    Err... I didn't mean a specific Showcase like blogspots... I meant threads that you use to showcase your own hacks, like all those in the texture,vertex, and stage boards.

You can't possibly mean to say that showing off your own hacks shouldn't be aloud unless it is deemed worthy? Undecided

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »

LOL, explain better next time.

I get what your saying, but no i don't mean that here's what is mean.

On OCRemix, that have a placed called Workshop which is are showcase. The post they're work there for people to hear what they been working on, and when they feel it's done, they submit it to be judged to be placed on the wall, or in are case the blog.

But we have a system called the Vault, which anyone can post what ever, when ever, only reported by those who go through the vault time to time to point out mistakes. 80% of the downloads come from because people can just look through here, and not go through the forums to find a hack they might like.

Rating? Yes that is a little off, i could see people coming here five rating things as a joke.

But what if was done more like deviantart, we're you could fave or message if only you are a member, and had some statistics like so.

Statistics
    Comments: 15
    Favourites: 13 [who?]
    Views: 24 (14 today)
    Downloads: 0 (0 today)

Have those who wish to fave or comment to make an account to do so, and KC-MM is already regulating multiple accounts so it would prevent spamming, this would leave it to the good judgement to those who have account to fav or comment.

No Dislike or anything like that, the only way to leave a negative response would be to comment.

This would also help prevent unwanted bumps in the showcase, because people can just favorite it from there, you have to make account to comment on the forums anyway. But it has to be tied to an account if not then it will be abused, and since multiple account are being watched it will prevent member abuse.

If tied to a account those who joke around by saying "This Sucks" can be prevent from commenting by the mods, and ban if necessary.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
    Print
    Jump to: