The Mother of all Samus Hacks - New Animations! See Pg. 91 Reply #1363

Started by Gamma Ridley, July 23, 2011, 04:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Would you want a sound packet made using Samus's voice from Other M?

Yes
16 (76.2%)
No
1 (4.8%)
Using voice effects from ZSS would be better and much easier
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on July 24, 2011, 04:15:38 AM
Please do so. It would be much appreciated.

I don't really want to work on animations until I know that they'll actually work in-game. XD
Alright, just send them over. Crappy filler episode of Bleach.. -.-

Quote from: xZedkiel on July 24, 2011, 04:16:53 AM
Alright, just send them over. Crappy filler episode of Bleach.. -.-

All right.

Here is the MotionEtc file.

Also, here is an updated version of the dummy version of the PSA with ZSS's attributes.

And something just came to me... try testing the MoitionEtc with and without the PSA.

Perhaps that may be the problem.

Yeah, that happened with Masal's Motion for Darkrai, it turned out his whole file was corrupted

Quote from: xZedkiel on July 24, 2011, 04:24:49 AM
Yeah, that happened with Masal's Motion for Darkrai, it turned out his whole file was corrupted

I think I might just have to download a fresh MotionEtc and go from there. /:

Did you test it out already?

July 24, 2011, 04:30:08 AM #49 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:37:17 AM by xZedkiel
Quote from: Gamma Ridley on July 24, 2011, 04:25:37 AM
I think I might just have to download a fresh MotionEtc and go from there. /:

Did you test it out already?
Give me  a sec, I'll get back to you in a while.

Works like a charm. With PSA and all.

Quote from: xZedkiel on July 24, 2011, 04:30:08 AM
Give me  a sec, I'll get back to you in a while.

Works like a charm. With PSA and all.

Yeah? So the animations show and everything?

Phew! That's good to hear.

That means Eira is just crazy. ;]
I kid, I kid.

Welp, guess I'll start on animations now.

Thanks for the help.

But i'm not crazy i'm just a little unwell.
...
Er. It's good to see it actually works.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Eira on July 24, 2011, 04:47:29 AM
But i'm not crazy i'm just a little unwell.
...
Er. It's good to see it actually works.

I hope you saw the hidden text there. /:

Anyway

Would anyone happen to know what it would take to imitate how Samus becomes invisible while the Morph Ball becomes visible during her dodge animations?

If someone could fill me in on how to do that, it would be lovely~

Meh, not a problem.

...And I've no idea on that. Still new with this stuff.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

go ask in about it in the PSA Help Thread
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12826.0
Its probably just a simple event that does it. I just hope its not something in the subroutines that triggers it, those are horribly complicated.

I was gone for most of the night so i didnt get time to work on the grab and pummel animations. Ill get to them as soon as possible.

Quote from: Aether on July 24, 2011, 05:32:40 AM
go ask in about it in the PSA Help Thread
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12826.0
Its probably just a simple event that does it. I just hope its not something in the subroutines that triggers it, those are horribly complicated.

I was gone for most of the night so i didnt get time to work on the grab and pummel animations. Ill get to them as soon as possible.

Done.

Now let's hope someone responds. :srs:

In the meantime, I'll try porting ZSS's dodge animations to see how they look. I'll look around to see if I can steal any other animations of hers before I go about making some from scratch.

July 24, 2011, 03:46:06 PM #56 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:22:50 PM by Royal_Blade
I think it's a model changer for the Morph Ball. I'll go check that.

Gamma: And I guess you didn't read the part that I would like to make the throws. Since I know what they're going to look like. And I thought before-hand who's throwing attributes I  would use for Samus' Throws.

And
QuoteMoveset Related:

I was thinking of just having Side Smash for both Missles. Fully Charged = Super. Else = Homing. Kinda like Eldrain's Zero.
Then I wouldn't know what we'd do with the Side tilt...

Down Special should be Power Bomb. And have it work like Gdorf's UTilt. It auto charges then release. So it would charge, release a good sized energy explosion that does electric stun damage at 18%. BUT, everytime she releases the energy, she takes about 10% damage, like Eruption and Flare Blade. If used in the air, it slows your fall and puts you in a helpless state afterwards.

For the F-Air Grapple Beam, I put that there so it doesn't get unused. If you use my idea of putting FSmash as both Missles, then FTilt can be Grapple Beam and we'll find a new F-air.

For the Up Smash, can we not make a Samus version of ZSS' USmash? But less multi-hit.

The Final Smash should stay as Zero Laser because it's an awesome final smash. But have it not turn into ZSS afterwards.
I'm pretty sure no one saw this... These are some change ideas.

Edit:
Ah ha! It is a model changer. It's hidden within the sub-routines.
Look in offset "0000F638". It's there.

Edit2:
Also in offset "0000F610" there's a model changer.
And:

"0000F610" - Turns Samus into Morphball

"0000F638" - Morphball turns into Samus

Also, it looks like that it needs go to other offsets before-hand. Here's the coding for her rolls:

"0000F688" Goes to another subroutine with "0000F5F0" and "0000F610" and Asyncronous Timer = whatever frames before turning into morphball. (Definitely to turn into Morphball)
Reverse Direction. (For Forward Roll, not used in back roll.)
"0000F6F0" Goes to another subroutine with "0000F5F0" and "0000F638" and Asyncronous Timer = whatever frames before turning into samus. (Definitely to turn back into Samus)

This is not 100% but I feel that its pretty spot on...
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

July 24, 2011, 04:15:44 PM #57 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:16:36 PM by Weyard
Quote from: Aether on July 24, 2011, 05:32:40 AM
go ask in about it in the PSA Help Thread
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12826.0
Its probably just a simple event that does it. I just hope its not something in the subroutines that triggers it, those are horribly complicated.

I was gone for most of the night so i didnt get time to work on the grab and pummel animations. Ill get to them as soon as possible.

Just so you all know, Aether is one room away from me irl. He's playing Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. He has been playing it for about 3 hours. No signs of quitting yet. Yup he's working hard on those animations for you guys. *sarcasm*

July 24, 2011, 04:23:46 PM #58 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:25:53 PM by Royal_Blade
Quote from: Weyard on July 24, 2011, 04:15:44 PMJust so you all know, Aether is one room away from me irl. He's playing Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. He has been playing it for about 3 hours. No signs of quitting yet. Yup he's working hard on those animations for you guys. *sarcasm*
What's the sarcasm, that he's one room away or that he's working hard?

!NOTICE!
Look at my previous post (Reply #56). It has information on the morphball coding.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

The part about him working hard was the sarcastic part. He's been in there playing a game after he just told you all that he was going to be working on the animations lol.

He stopped now so maybe he'll actually get to work.