Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Would you want a sound packet made using Samus's voice from Other M?
Yes - 16 (76.2%)
No - 1 (4.8%)
Using voice effects from ZSS would be better and much easier - 4 (19%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 93
Author Topic: The Mother of all Samus Hacks - New Animations! See Pg. 91 Reply #1363  (Read 312433 times)
Ultraxwing
Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #360 on: July 26, 2011, 04:19:05 PM »

yeah the pummel is originally done with with her freehand.

she now holds with that. so why not go all brutal you know.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #361 on: July 26, 2011, 04:23:35 PM »

That new fitmotion isn't doing anything at all Sdoom.

You still can't throw and I got a freeze during grabs.

Might not be compatable with the .pac for some reason. I'll delete it and try again.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #362 on: July 26, 2011, 04:25:53 PM »

That new fitmotion isn't doing anything at all Sdoom.

You still can't throw and I got a freeze during grabs.

Might not be compatable with the .pac for some reason. I'll delete it and try again.

I think it's actually due to the absence of the grappling beam in the grab.  Zero by Eldiran was able to have a normal grab instead of Link's grapple.  I'll have a look at it in PSA.  I don't think the animations are the problem.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #363 on: July 26, 2011, 04:26:15 PM »

The pummel is a whack with her arm cannon. probably do around 3%.

I think he just fixed them for when we get them working via PSA. (Aw, Ninja'd XD)

Also, test this: http://www.mediafire.com/?p07735mv3al7mpp
    Check the crouch (for flashes) and Fair (to see if it freezes).

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2011, 04:30:37 PM »

So I wasn't supposed to test it? lol.
    I'm just grabbing every file that's posted and testing it anyway.

-

Note that without the .pac, all the animations and moves are working fine. The f-air animation works fine, so it's problem lies in psa.

The grabs also work, although the new upthrow is all mangled and crumpled. You can't really tell what it is was meant to be.

-
    Testing the new files.
    « Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:32:39 PM by Weyard » Logged

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #365 on: July 26, 2011, 04:33:58 PM »

It's because in the "updated" .pac, it removes the Grapple Beam article.  What you want to do is make in invisible rather than remove it.  Simply put the "Generate Article" at the start back in, the "Remove Article" at the end back in and edit the timers so that they properly fit the grab animation.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #366 on: July 26, 2011, 04:35:08 PM »

Is that all Eldrain did with his Zero PSA? Just make the grapple beam (in his case hookshot) invisible?

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #367 on: July 26, 2011, 04:35:58 PM »

Blade, F-air still freezes with the new files.

testing crouch.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #368 on: July 26, 2011, 04:37:47 PM »

Argh. SDoom can look at the Forward air for me? I don't know much, maybe you can help fix the issue?

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #369 on: July 26, 2011, 04:39:01 PM »

I heard Aether mentioned there was an RA-bit or something in her Fair.

You didn't happen to copy that over, did you?

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #370 on: July 26, 2011, 04:40:13 PM »

Uh... Maybe... what does it do exactly?

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #371 on: July 26, 2011, 04:43:01 PM »

I think I may know the problem with the F Air:

The two sound effects, did you copy them straight from ZSS?  If you did, change them to something else.  

I'd recommend changing it to Sound Effect B63 (this is the sound she makes when kicking in the B Air and U Air).

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #372 on: July 26, 2011, 04:43:13 PM »

Uh... Maybe... what does it do exactly?

Well

We don't know. XD

Perhaps that's the problem?

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #373 on: July 26, 2011, 04:43:24 PM »

Upon further testing, F-air still freezes.

The green is working on crouch, but it lasts a little too long. It activates as soon as you press down, making Samus completely green. Then it goes away as soon as you getinto ball mode. Is is meant to be a flash or a color change during the entire transformation part of the animation?

RaBits do all sorts of things. It's best to remove them when moving moves from one character to another.

Gaia
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #374 on: July 26, 2011, 04:43:41 PM »

This is awesome guys!  I'm really glad to finally see an appropriate Samus PSA being done.  Sakurai's vision of Samus never really fit (though I loved using her in Melee.)

Some suggestions:

I don't know if this would save on the file size limit but how's about this for her Five Bomb Drop:  Charge up her arm cannon then use her down tilt A.  Instead of being a Morph Ball Bomb it now becomes the Five Bomb Drop.  It's essentially used in the same way that Super Metroid prepped the attack.  My thoughts here are that it would free up the down smash but would also prevent you from having the use up the extra charges the utilize the attack as it is.  Just use the existing charge on the Charge Beam.  Again, I don't know if that would work as I have envisioned but it's some food for thought.

The file size limit is a concern but I'm going to make some other suggestions.  If you like them and can fit them in then great but otherwise I'll live.  I'll try to keep them canon to Other M and Super Metroid.

For aesthetics sake: when shooting her Beam Cannon rapidly she gets down on one knee as she does in Other M.  Maybe during the shooting process she can aim her arm cannon in any direction as well as turn around.

Instead of her crouch automatically taking you in to Morph Ball Form you should have to press down twice to enter the morph ball.  Only pressing down once should take her to her knee where she can fire Super Missiles, Homing Missiles, and the Beam Cannon close to the ground.  I'm thinking about as close as she would with the landing detection from Melee.  When kneeling like this you should be locked into position to make it easier to aim the Cannon and to allow her to use her side smash without standing up.  To exit this position you have to guard, jump, use the Up tab, or enter the morph ball.

Up-Tilt Ground:  Simply aims her arm cannon straight up to allow you to fire at overhead enemies.

Side smash: keep it as is but if you charge it fully it becomes the Seeker Missile, shooting out 3 missiles at different angles.  

Up Smash: Shoots a Super Missile straight in the air.  When fully charged becomes a 3 shot Seeker Missile like the side Smash.  Could also work as the Spazer Beam

Down Smash: I think this was covered in the 20 some pages but: Power Bomb.

Down-Tilt Air: Morph Ball Bomb.  This reopens the possibility alter your path and falling velocity in mid-air and is also canon to the fact that she can use her bombs in the air.

Side B air: Screw attack like in the OP

Side B ground: Speed Booster.  If you jump during the speed boost she kneels down and subsequently jumps very high.

Down B: I'm really curious how you'll be able to change her beams fired without overblowing the file size.  I'd assume that takes a lot of space.  But allow me two suggestions.  The Spazer from Super Metroid and the Plasma Cannon from Other M.  That is all.

Down B could also be Sense Move from Other M.  You have to press down B the instant before being hit for it to work.  Pressing the guard button at the same time brings her charge beam to full charge.  That might be a little over powered though.  It would have to be extremely hard to pull off.  No hammering on down B.

Down Throw:  Samus jumps on the opponent and fires her cannon a few times right in their face  Evil

As a final meandering thought, I wonder if it's possible to make a custom stage with a spot that only a very small character could enter.  I'm talking morph ball small.  It'd be kinda cool if someone could make a Metroid stage which had some areas that only Samus in her morph ball form could enter.  Giving her a way to escape the chaos if she needs to but also serving another function: the ability to reach the high ground in a unique way to take the advantage... Again, just an afterthought.
    « Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:49:09 PM by Gaia » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 93
    Print
    Jump to: