The Mother of all Samus Hacks - New Animations! See Pg. 91 Reply #1363

Started by Gamma Ridley, July 23, 2011, 04:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Would you want a sound packet made using Samus's voice from Other M?

Yes
16 (76.2%)
No
1 (4.8%)
Using voice effects from ZSS would be better and much easier
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

I think one of the taunts might. I'm not sure. Check the DownA as well. The fireball thing it uses might just be gfx as well.

Looks like that one might still be oversized by a bit.

It's showing 260.63 and the limit is just 260.
one or two more gfx might do it.

Quote from: Weyard on July 29, 2011, 03:02:10 AM
I think one of the taunts might. I'm not sure. Check the DownA as well. The fireball thing it uses might just be gfx as well.

Looks like that one might still be oversized by a bit.

It's showing 260.63 and the limit is just 260.
one or two more gfx might do it.

I'll test it out anyway. That thread the absolute largest is 261.

If not... well, Blade, do you think it would be possible for you to completely get rid of the tether recovery?

I don't even know if we're still using that or not...

aw... I already removed the flash from morphball and the gfx from Down A...

I'll see what I can do.

@Gamma: I'm not sure how, but i'll try.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 29, 2011, 03:06:27 AM
aw... I already removed the flash from morphball and the gfx from Down A...

I'll see what I can do.

@Gamma: I'm not sure how, but i'll try.

Oh yeah, I was gonna say remove the Morph Ball flash since it wasn't too noticeable. Good. XD

And maybe you can look into her side taunt and preventing it from summoning that article?

Lets see.....

Her throws seem to have a lot of gfx on them.
SlipDash has quite a bit of gfx.
ItemLegsFastB has a lot.
All of her Win animations have a lot of gfx.

Oh and remove the jet gfx from her jumps. Then I won't have to worry about it and I can attempt to make her back more accurate without throwing them off.

Quote from: Weyard on July 29, 2011, 03:14:43 AM
Lets see.....

Her throws seem to have a lot of gfx on them.
SlipDash has quite a bit of gfx.
ItemLegsFastB has a lot.
All of her Win animations have a lot of gfx.

Oh remove the jet gfx from her jumps. Then I won't have to worry about it and I can attempt to make her back more accurate without throwing them off.

This stuff, the tether recovery, her Side Taunt... yeah.

Oh, and the other file did freeze.

To generate Samus Missiles you'll have to generate the corresponding article, however I'm not sure if it will work right...maybe if it's coded correctly, but I'm not sure.

QuoteSamus:
00 Power Shot (B) (Just stays on your gun barrel, I don't see the point...?)
01 Bomb (DOWN B) GAME CRASHES WHEN SPAMMING A BUNCH OF THESE, DO NOT USE THESE!
02 Missle (SIDE B) Sticks to your barrel FOREVER, even if you die, prevents you from using side b.
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Gamma, test this.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2d844dqeyx5aazd
This is as small as I can get right now. I removed alot of GFX and even some SFX.

@TruePhilo: Well right now we're in the middle of a pickle... I'm not worried about that right now.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Raikiri_Blade on July 29, 2011, 03:20:03 AM
Gamma, test this.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2d844dqeyx5aazd
This is as small as I can get right now. I removed alot of GFX and even some SFX.

Hm... I dunno, that's also 261 KB....

What have you added since the last edit that's so large? D:

Well your nair probably eats up a lot of space given the graphic used for it.  Honestly, in my opinion, there's no need for flash and pizazz until you get to her special attacks.  Use graphic effects very sparingly as they are what really eat up the space in a psa. Whereas using the tether for an attack is a cool idea, for spacial reasons it's a little impractical.  Also you're going to have 2 different screw attacks (1 for up smash and 1 for side b) and that's going to eat into your space as well.
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Quote from: TruePhilosopher on July 29, 2011, 03:26:12 AM
Well your nair probably eats up a lot of space given the graphic used for it.  Honestly, in my opinion, there's no need for flash and pizazz until you get to her special attacks.  Use graphic effects vary sparingly as they are what really eat up the space in a psa. Whereas using the tether for an attack is a cool idea, for spacial reasons it's a little impractical.  Also you're going to have 2 different screw attacks (1 for up smash and 1 for side b) and that's going to eat into your space as well.

I like the Nair, but I agree. It probably should go. /:

That, and the tether recovery.

And that's also why I proposed we have the Space Jump for the Up Smash. It saves file space so we didn't have to generate the graphic twice.

Also if you're not doing it already make sure you're using the goto function for the opposite direction.  This saves a ton of space.  And yes tether recovery could definitely go depending.
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Quote from: TruePhilosopher on July 29, 2011, 03:30:59 AM
Also if you're not doing it already make sure you're using the goto function for the opposite direction.  This saves a ton of space.  And yes tether recovery could definitely go depending.

^This

Also

It froze again. :[

What takes up more space? Making the grapplebeam appear during Neutral Air or making a single gfx on the top of the gun during it?