Starwaffle is gone =|

Started by StarWaffle, July 26, 2011, 09:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bye

kbye
37 (51.4%)
seeyoulater
35 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Quote from: Carnage on August 15, 2011, 09:29:35 AM
but pot of greed doesnt even attack its not even a monster  its just well a pot lol and yes a banned card almost since the beggining of competitive play xD

What's your point?  If we were really going to get into that sort of thing, why did they choose Rock Smash, a move that no one in their right mind would use for a Charizard, as one of Charizard's attacking moves?  It's all about design.   

I'd take a hilarious looking pot with a face bobbling about and shooting spore out of its lid than have some really twitchy Dark Magician walk around on four legs.  From a design standpoint, it makes more sense in a very weird way.  Still though, I'm more up for Catapult Turtle myself XD  Season 1 was hilarious.  They broke the rules in every duel.

Quote from: St1cKDo0m on August 15, 2011, 09:40:47 AM
What's your point?  If we were really going to get into that sort of thing, why did they choose Rock Smash, a move that no one in their right mind would use for a Charizard, as one of Charizard's attacking moves?  It's all about design.  

I'd take a hilarious looking pot with a face bobbling about and shooting spore out of its lid than have some really twitchy Dark Magician walk around on four legs.  From a design standpoint, it makes more sense in a very weird way.  Still though, I'm more up for Catapult Turtle myself XD  Season 1 was hilarious.  They broke the rules in every duel.
yeah i remenber season 1 putting  mosnters without sacrifices lol just go blue eyes and he was there lol  i like catapult turtle too xD but gaia the fierce knight would be epic i mean a warrior riding a horse and he has 4 legs so it would fit lol
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Star: Those choices are good. Specifically Kuriboh and Summoned Skull.

Really anything on Ivysaur is good as long as it has potential.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: St1cKDo0m on August 15, 2011, 08:11:22 AM
Lol, banned card is banned.  I think that would be quite hilarious XD

Why is Pot of Greed banned?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on August 15, 2011, 04:28:13 PM
Why is Pot of Greed banned?
card that is too good for standard play there is a huge list of banned cards xD this happens when the card is just so powerful that a single draw could give you the win   there were also monsters that were banned manly for the effects and such is just to keep the game more balanced becuase pot of greed in your deck means your deck is shorter and you have higher possibility to draw what you want  than the oponent since one card draws two cards then have a moster with an effect to get magic cards  from the graveyard you coulddraw to more and etc  thats why its banned to good xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

August 15, 2011, 04:40:16 PM #380 Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:41:44 PM by St1cKDo0m
Quote from: Velen on August 15, 2011, 04:28:13 PM
Why is Pot of Greed banned?

Well, it simply allows you to draw two cards from your deck without any sort of catch.  Despite it's simplicity, it's too good.  There's another card very similar called Pot of Avarice which lets you draw 2 cards and add 5 monsters from your grave back to your deck which isn't forbidden.  Reason being you can only use it when if you have at least 5 monsters in your grave, whereas Pot of Greed can be used at any time.

His a list of limited/forbidden cards.  Limited cards are ones you can only have 1 of in your deck, rather than the standard 3.  Semi Limited means you can only have 2:

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Quote from: St1cKDo0m on August 15, 2011, 04:40:16 PM
Well, it simply allows you to draw two cards from your deck without any sort of catch.  Despite it's simplicity, it's too good.  There's another card very similar called Pot of Avarice which lets you draw 2 cards and add 5 monsters from your grave back to your deck which isn't forbidden.  Reason being you can only use it when if you have at least 5 monsters in your grave, whereas Pot of Greed can be used at any time.

His a list of limited/forbidden cards.  Limited cards are ones you can only have 1 of in your deck, rather than the standard 3.  Semi Limited means you can only have 2:

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/
Huh... I didn't know that card was banned...
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 15, 2011, 05:44:16 PM
Huh... I didn't know that card was banned...
Yes, it is since banning started. It's really stupid for us Yugioh players, makes our Cards' value die. I recently quit playin' (Before the last ban list). My deck was X-Saber, and it costed me a lot to build to then have a Banlist kill it. Playin' the game in RL is not worth it, guys, you'll just be trapped in a massive money wasting hole.

That's why you get the games, so you can get every card. Then go online and duel. lol

So, you only pay $35, instead of 100's.


Hi SonicBrawler!

I remember when all the kids at my school had duel monster cards...
I remember I'd go and trade with 5th graders (I was in like 2nd grade) and the teachers at my school would yell at me for going to the big kid area >.>
Duel monsters is srs business  :srs:

Quote from: Black Neon X27 on August 15, 2011, 06:56:28 PM
That's why you get the games, so you can get every card. Then go online and duel. lol

So, you only pay $35, instead of 100's.
100's? I wasted about 200's building my Deck. I don't regret it, though, I had fun, and I still keep the sexy Synchros like Brionac <3

Quote from: Weenie on August 15, 2011, 06:59:53 PM
100's? I wasted about 200's building my Deck. I don't regret it, though, I had fun, and I still keep the sexy Synchros like Brionac <3
ewww, synchros, those things are so outdated, we have ik-seez monsters now! just joking! lol
Although that is what people have said to my frends. :)

Quote from: Ninka_Kiwi on August 15, 2011, 06:56:39 PM
I remember when all the kids at my school had duel monster cards...
I remember I'd go and trade with 5th graders (I was in like 2nd grade) and the teachers at my school would yell at me for going to the big kid area >.>
Duel monsters is srs business  :srs:
lol. :happy:



Hi SonicBrawler!

Quote from: Weenie on August 15, 2011, 06:59:53 PM
100's? I wasted about 200's building my Deck. I don't regret it, though, I had fun, and I still keep the sexy Synchros like Brionac <3
i still have my alien deck xD and i even beated a tournament with it  bless cosmic fortress golgar and alien dog xD good times i stopped playing like 3 years ago or something and yes playing yu gi oh cost alot of money :S becuase getting good cards to trade is hard xD i bough all my cards cheap from ebay becuase aliens arent any rare cards but they are alot of fun to play with a-counters rule
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

You pay money for your cards, I find them and pick them up, that's my deck. lol


Hi SonicBrawler!

I think I found a Yu-Gi-Oh card in a library book once.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]