Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Bombs: Link pulls out a bomb from his bag. Deals no damage but the bomb will be in Link' hand after execution. If Link is holding an item, then he'll drop the item before pulling out the bomb. Where should they go?
Should it be his Down Tilt? - 7 (53.8%)
Should it be his Neutral Air? - 5 (38.5%)
Place your own comment. - 1 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: Royal_Blade's PSA Solitude - New Poll: Hidden Link: Bombs, where should they go?  (Read 56622 times)
Royal_Blade
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #135 on: July 22, 2012, 09:10:12 AM »

Looks awesome. Thats the first time ive seen 2 sword trails at the same time

Thanks!

The Flamberge trail is actually Pit's trail and the Vorpal Sword's trail is the common blue trail.

So it turned out well!

Though they're being annoying to align with his blades...

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Ninja Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: July 23, 2012, 10:57:44 AM »

I'm here for a very short time, but I explored some topics and fell on your topic Royal Blade.

Some little things concerning the progress on Lloyd:

The trails are really good, even if I find it a little odd to have trails like this, it's still a very good work and very accurate. But you must be right when you say it's hard to align... Good job for ending with such a good result.

And the last thing, nobody has noticed that you managed to add the Lloyd's cut in? Is it like this in game or not? Because if it's the case, congratulations! I think it can be a good idea to use for everybody who work on Tales of characters! It just has to be placed in a better place.

Sorry, I have to go! See you next time I come there on this topic. (I don't know when)

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: July 23, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »

I'm here for a very short time, but I explored some topics and fell on your topic Royal Blade.

Some little things concerning the progress on Lloyd:

The trails are really good, even if I find it a little odd to have trails like this, it's still a very good work and very accurate. But you must be right when you say it's hard to align... Good job for ending with such a good result.

And the last thing, nobody has noticed that you managed to add the Lloyd's cut in? Is it like this in game or not? Because if it's the case, congratulations! I think it can be a good idea to use for everybody who work on Tales of characters! It just has to be placed in a better place.

Sorry, I have to go! See you next time I come there on this topic. (I don't know when)
    I fixed the trails, they now properly align with the blades.

Your the first who noticed the Cut-in.

Yes, while it's not my main focus now, it will be to get it to appear like Peach's FS, over the screen. It's currently on Palutena's blue head glow piece thing...

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Kanine
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: July 23, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »

thats excellent, i was wondering why some people havent put in cut ins yet for certain psas.

Kamina
    Hyper Kitten

Just who the hell do you think I am?!

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: July 29, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »

Lloyd and Kratos are looking great so far! The cut in is a very nice touch.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: July 30, 2012, 12:29:55 AM »

^ Has to be kidding about being the first to notice the cut in. I think everyone should've seen that on the day you put it up. At least I hope they did. Either, way, this is looking awesome so far.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #141 on: July 30, 2012, 08:29:56 AM »

^ Has to be kidding about being the first to notice the cut in. I think everyone should've seen that on the day you put it up. At least I hope they did. Either, way, this is looking awesome so far.
    Well, first to post about it. I'm sure people noticed them the day they were posted.

Also New Poll. And this one isn't a silly one. Promise.

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: February 11, 2013, 08:53:41 PM »

So, I said that I'd think of a moveset for Aafyre's Kabutops, and I have.

It's not 100% done, but it's pretty much good to show off. And the throws are being kept secret.

Specials are shown first because some can influence his other moves.
    Kabutops over Falco
    Standard Special Move - "AncientPower": Kabutops crosses his arms and bends back before swinging them out, releasing a circle of energy forwards. AncientPower has a unique hitbox that is active along the edges of the cirlce. Easier to hit larger characters than smaller ones. Deals 6% with moderate knockback.

Side Special Move - "Giga Drain": Kabutops opens its mouth before firing a stream of energy forward which can heal Kabutops by 50% of the damage dealt, if any. (The beam is actually a projectile which, when it hits, heals Kabutops. Each bit of stream deals its own damage.) Deals a possible 8% total. (Conversely healing up to a possible 4% per use).

Up Special Move - "Surf": Kabutops rides on a wave of water which rises up before crashing downwards. Kabutops has restricted control on how the wave travels. Upon contact with the ground, Kabutops will land and apply strong base knockback and decent scaling to anyone infront of his landing position. Deals a total of 10%.

Down Special Move - "Swords Dance": Kabutops waves his arms around in a hypnotic fashion before swinging them outwards, having them glow, and increases the damage of his slashing moves. Each stack of Swords Dance grants 2% damage on the entirety of the move. He can use this move up to a maximum of 3 times. Whenever Kabutops dies, he loses all bonuses from Swords Dance. Can only be used on the ground.

Final Smash - "Vacuum-Cut": Kabutops' blades flash before slashing around, releasing blades of air around himself. Each blade deals up to 15% and pulls in nearby characters.

Neutral Attack - Kabutops slashes downward with one of his blades, then slashes downward with his other one. Can be chained continuously. Each hit deals 2% (+1%/2%/3% depending on stack of Swords Dance) with low knockback.

Dash Attack - Kabutops stalls for a moment, crossing his arms engulfed in energy. He then dashes forward, hitting the first thing he comes in contact with before stopping himself. Deals 8% with moderate base knockback and scaling.

Forward Tilt - Kabutops crosses his blades and slices outwards. Deals 6% (+2%/4%/6% depending on stack of Swords Dance) with okay knockback.

Up Tilt - Kabutops waves his blade above his head, slashing above himself. Deals 4% (+2%/4%/6% depending on stack of Swords Dance).

Down Tilt -

Side Smash - Kabutops plants his blades into the ground before kicking forward with both feet (using his blades to hold him up). Deals 10%~16%. With high base knockback and good knockback scaling.

Up Smash - Kabutops fires a yellow orb of energy into the air which will apply a pure vertical meteor smash to anyone who gets hit. Deals a set 5% but travels farther the longer it is charged. Because of how the move functions, characters hit will be brought to Kabutops.

Down Smash - Kabutops slashes around himself, hitting both of his sides at the same time. Each slash deals 5%~11% (+1%/2%/3% depending on stack of Swords Dance) with moderate knockback.

Neutral Aerial - Kabutops kicks his leg at a low angle. Deals 4% which semi-spikes airborne characters and causes hitstun w/o knockback on grounded foes.

Forward Aerial - Kabutops raises his right blade before slashing forward with it. Deals 5% (+2%/4%/6% depending on stack of Swords Dance) and has decent base horizontal knockback and good scaling. Has some noticeable landing lag.

Back Aerial - Kabutops points his hip behind himself and releases a burst of water from his tail. Hits 3 times, each hit deals 3%.

Up Aerial - Kabutops swings his left blade backwards and slashes above himself inversely of Marth's Up Aerial. Deals 5~6% (+2%/4%/6% depending on stack of Swords Dance) with some diagonal knockback with the initial swing, but has more vertical knockback otherwise.

Down Aerial - Kabutops faces beneath himself and crosses his blades before slashing outwards. Each blade deals 3% (+1%/2%/3% depending on stack of Swords Dance) and semi-spikes within a cone beneath him. Knockback is based on position of blades, initially they hit downwards, but shortly after, they angle out.

Also, I want to fix up my Hidden Link PSA to be more useful in combat. (Like if people want to actually fight with the PSA against other people) So I'm planning on doing the following changes:
    Neutral Attack - Link jabs his sword forward, then slashes horizontally, then does an overhead slash. Deals 2%, 3%, then 3%. Low knockback properties on all attacks, can't kill. First hit is quick overall, and can lead into itself when jab canceled. The second and third attacks have a bit more ending lag, but not too much more. They all execute fairly quickly.

Forward Tilt - Link rams his shield forward, dealing 2% damage on impact and can reflect projectiles. Quick in execution, low base knockback, cannot kill.

Down Aerial - Deal significant damage (25%) to downed players. Normal damage has been reduced to 17% and 14% (for the later hitboxes). (I think this is in it already, but I have an idea to make it better)

Down Throw - Helm Splitter: Link holds the character in place and jumps up and slashes downwards at the character's head applying damage and knockback. Knocks characters at a downward angle. Works as a semi-spike at the ledge.

Standard Special Move - "Bow": Functions similar to Brawl Link's Neutral Special. But this one will have the arrows deal less damage when fully charged and increase the time it takes to reach full charge. The charged arrows will deal 7% and have some increased velocity to them. They'll also be fired from 0 degrees.

Side Special Move - "Jump Strike": Link jumps forward and then slashes with his sword in a front-arc motion (Think of Ike's F-Air). The slash deals 6% to anyone above Link, 8% to anyone infront of Link, and 5% to anyone under Link when he is slashing. The slash can occur sooner if A or B is pressed. The slash cancels upon landing on the ground.

Up Special Move - "Spin Attack": Link holds his sword back before swinging it around once with great force. If at 0%, it will deal additional damage and grant higher base knockback. Not chargeable. In the air, like on the ground, has Link spin around once, granting him some vertical and horizontal distance and similar damage properties of his grounded version. It has small start-up lag and some ending lag. Doesn't force Link into a helples state. Normal variant deals 13%, while the 0% version deals 20%.

Down Special Move - "Backslice": Link rolls around from his side, ending up facing the other direction. If B is pressed when Link reaches the end of his roll, then he'll perform a rising slice whilst twirling his body in a circular motion. The slash deals 9% with good base knockback and decent scaling.

However, I want to put Bombs back into the moveset. But I don't know where to put it...

I'm thinking either put the Bombs as the down special and move the Backslice to... somewhere... (Side Smash maybe?) I don't like this option because I like the Backslice in general and don't want to move it. But i may have to.

OR keep the Backslice as the down special but have bombs be active either via tilt or aerial attack. (Like Down Tilt or Neutral Air.)

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I'm also gonna change some of Link's attributes to make him a nimble fighter yet still keep his mid-heavy weight status.
    « Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 08:56:31 PM by Royal_Blade » Logged

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #143 on: February 12, 2013, 02:27:37 AM »

I think we'll see who's Link is better. Mine or yours. Heheh, but here's an idea. Move the back slice to be a part of his normal front dodge. If you press the button he attacks out of it, if not well... Its a dodge.

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• Awards Starstormer Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #144 on: February 12, 2013, 08:38:03 AM »

^This. Back Slice makes more sense as a forward roll attack, to me. That way, Down Special is open for the taking. Also, maybe have Side Special be chargeable for Knight's Slam? Also, Shield Bash Ftilt, you said? Maybe have it parry incoming attacks? V0.2 of EternalYoshi's Sora had a really cool Down Special where Sora would parry any incoming attack that didn't have transcendent priority, as well as intangibility frames to block those, too. I don't know how EternalYoshi did it, but no matter how much damage the incoming attack did, Sora's Reflect would ALWAYS clank with it, allowing Sora the opportunity to counter-attack as he saw fit.
    « Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:45:13 AM by JamietheAuraUser » Logged

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
    "We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #145 on: February 12, 2013, 10:55:21 AM »

The thing is...

I don't want to do that because no other character has a move like that... I like to keep all of my movesets to be kept under the same constraint that vbrawl characters have.

Okay, I know that we can modify the movesets as uniquely as we want, but I don't want to grant one character an action that another can't perform. (Specials are a different case.)

And yeah, Shield Bash is the FTilt. Parrying attacks? Hmm... It can already deal damage, reflect projectiles, and has very low end lag. And plus, by default, two intercepting collisions will negate each other. I think that'd be too good for an f-tilt.

And I'll probably not do a chargeable Jump Strike because what would charging do? The charged version in twilight princess was useful for clearing enemies. There aren't that many enemies to clear.
    Plus, playing against human players, it's quite predictable to see it coming. Since it works off being fully charged to execute.

And for Bombs, I have an idea:
    Down Tilt will pull out bombs.
    But if he had an item in his hand, he'll drop the item and pull out the bomb.

That way, you can constantly drop bombs by DTilting around the stage. That'd make an interesting fighting mechanic.
    ^ Potential Mind games.

And I just realized that I've been saying "Jump Strike" as "Jump Attack". So whenever I've said "Jump Strike" before, i meant "Jump Attack".
    « Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 10:56:21 AM by Royal_Blade » Logged

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: February 12, 2013, 11:12:24 AM »

I suppose I can respect that decision. After all, it will already clank with anything dealing 11% or less. Having it clank with just anything might be a little ridiculous. As is, it still feels like it should be Neutral Special rather than ftilt, but oh well.

On the other hand, I feel like as long as you're not going to run out of filesize, there's no reason NOT to make Jump Attack chargeable. Knight's Slam creates a gust of wind around it when it lands, as well as dealing damage, right? It could be used as a gimp with proper timing. And besides, it would be fun in SSE.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #147 on: February 12, 2013, 12:09:21 PM »

I put the shield bash as a tilt because it works better.

Plus, I'm putting link's bow back in, so I had to move the shield bash. And F-tilt was the only sensible placement.

And I'll think about the chargeable Jump Attack > Jump Strike. I'll probably be a ground only charge sort of deal. I'll hold that idea for after.

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: February 12, 2013, 01:04:08 PM »

What is Knight's Slam? Is he talking about the jump strike? Hah teiyaaah!

JamietheAuraUser
    Extreme Kitten

Deadly Flower

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: February 12, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »

I don't know why I keep calling it Knight's Slam. It is indeed the Jump Strike. lolfail.

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11
    Print
    Jump to: