ShadowSnake's Imports: back with 3 previews of WIPs

Started by ShadowSnake, October 27, 2011, 10:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I have no idea what to import next...

Marcus Fenix :snake:
2 (2.5%)
Jak :falco:
11 (13.6%)
Reptile :sheik:
5 (6.2%)
Spyro :ivysaur:
16 (19.8%)
Delta :samus:
2 (2.5%)
Seargent Johnson :snake:
5 (6.2%)
Genesis :marth:
7 (8.6%)
Desmond Miles :sheik:
4 (4.9%)
Haytham Kenway :ike:
7 (8.6%)
Filler: i don't know any of those characters  :patrick:
22 (27.2%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Quote from: Velly Z. Draufgänger on March 27, 2012, 03:53:43 AM@Royal Blade: The reason it's so different is I reduced the yellow "edge" on Flamberge.

It's probably because of me being a Tales fan that I'm probably used to the red inner part with the bold yellow edges that anything that changes it looks odd.

Plus, you made the inner red part more orange and it kinda blended with the outer edges.

That's my main discomfort with the texture. Not the quality, that is good.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

March 27, 2012, 02:44:15 PM #361 Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:45:07 PM by Puraidou-chan
Quote from: Velly Z. Draufgänger on March 27, 2012, 02:47:47 AM
Time to blow your minds again.

[spoiler]


Lookit and weep, boys~!
Only things i think should be changed is the thickness of the yellow outer line, and the orange should be more red. I personally prefer it as it was in ToS itself.

March 27, 2012, 08:12:06 PM #362 Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:15:19 PM by Velly Z. Draufgänger
The main reason I made it more orange was to give the impression that the blade is made of solidified flame rather than magical metal.

-but alright...I'll change it.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

It's a glass sword, not a metal one.

You can do both. Some people like the new look. While some people like Pride and I prefer the original coloration. (or something more-or-less close to it for me.)

Even if you made the orange more reddish, like what Pride said, that'd be fine for me.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on March 27, 2012, 11:03:12 PM
It's a glass sword, not a metal one.

You can do both. Some people like the new look. While some people like Pride and I prefer the original coloration. (or something more-or-less close to it for me.)

Even if you made the orange more reddish, like what Pride said, that'd be fine for me.

How's this?


3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

that's sexy.
in any case, even if some people dont like it completely, its like 200 times better than what u had to start off...
big respect man

It's still too orange for my liking...

The outline is good though.

Do you think you could make it like a deeper scarlet color but still have that flamey-ness to it?
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

I love that version the best so far... not too red, but not too orange at the same time.

Vorpal's Handle is done but...



Darn design on the handle isn't right, and I'm having a hell of a time making it right.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

That looks really nice! I like the way you texture! Real quality work.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on March 29, 2012, 01:27:47 AM
That looks really nice! I like the way you texture! Real quality work.

Like I said though...Design on the handle's bothering me...

Than and I still don't know where the blade's texture  cuts off.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

did u use parts of ike's sword? cua it really look like that hehe
nice job anyway, but those gems look a bit out of place

Quote from: gamma kid on March 29, 2012, 10:29:16 AM
did u use parts of ike's sword? cua it really look like that hehe
nice job anyway, but those gems look a bit out of place

The gems are part of the original design.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

i know, what i mean is that they dont look like they're fitted into the sword, dunno if u get me...

Quote from: gamma kid on March 29, 2012, 12:31:41 PM
i know, what i mean is that they dont look like they're fitted into the sword, dunno if u get me...
They look like they were taped on, that's what you mean :P