My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render

Started by Xiggah, October 29, 2011, 01:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Here for only 2 hours on February 13, 2012, 01:47:51 AM
Not to be rude but since your a male and a fan of My Little Pony, your really kinda gay.

import is  :-\ . but your still gay

Well aren't you a charming individual. Believe me, we've heard that enough. I think you're underestimating the fanbase, and the show itself: but really, I see no reason for us to have to explain ourselves. I'm sure if you took time to actually research the fandom, you might see otherwise: but I don't see you as the kind of person who would do that, nor am I really going to bother with it. In other words, you're not worth our time. Have a pleasant day.

Anyhoof, let's ignore that and get back on topic...

I didn't know you could import other models into Mario Kart... Anyone got any examples I could look at?


I can have examples as soon as I get to the forums over there. Thanks Spex


Just saw the Livestream Xiggah. I'm not sure if you already knew this, (better safe than sorry, so I'll say it anyways,) but I'm absolutely 100% sure you can gain that effect by using the cull for the outer and then nulling the normals. Absolutely sure.


So am I: But my google searching skills suck, and to my knowledge all tutorials of nulling normals were deleted. A hunch tells me it's something to do with manually changing each normal to (0,0,0) but I haven't tried it out.

Also, I MAY want to actually keep some normals: shading the back legs for example, keep the lighting facing the camera.

February 13, 2012, 03:06:11 AM #486 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 03:07:41 AM by Spex130
Quote from: Xiggah on February 13, 2012, 02:53:20 AM
So am I: But my google searching skills suck, and to my knowledge all tutorials of nulling normals were deleted. A hunch tells me it's something to do with manually changing each normal to (0,0,0) but I haven't tried it out.

Also, I MAY want to actually keep some normals: shading the back legs for example, keep the lighting facing the camera.

Well, if you're going all or nothing you can just set NormalEnable to false in the materials.

If you want to keep some, you'll need to set the legs (or whatever) to a different material and keep the NormalEnable to true.

That's the only way I know how to do it.

Edit: I don't know how to make the light only face the camera. All I know is that WW CellShade does that by itself.


Quote from: Here for only 2 hours on February 13, 2012, 01:47:51 AM
Not to be rude but since your a male and a fan of My Little Pony, your really kinda gay.

import is  :-\ . but your still gay

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Good thing, the legs are already separate.

NormalEnable... I feel dumb for not noticing that. That'll be something to test when I'm done with this Brawlbox coding.

February 13, 2012, 07:24:32 AM #489 Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:51:32 AM by Redpwnage795
With the idea of mkw imports, what mod is going first? Brawl or MKW?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

[/quote]O.O Are you a guy or girl?(pretty sure you're a guy) either way, i hope you haven't have SR Surgery. because people who do that are crazy. No offense. (or is it that bisexuals don't do that? if so, whoops.)
I'm back after a long while.

Quote from: Redpwnage795 on February 13, 2012, 07:24:32 AM
With the idea of mkw imports, what mod is going first? Brawl or MKW?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


lol, ignorance isnt always bless

Quote from: Redpwnage795 on February 13, 2012, 07:24:32 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

That's transexual you derp! And I'm a guy.


...
You're kidding, right?
...
Let's move on, shall we...?

@Tommo: Didn't you ask if I was wrong in my post?(the thing if i was wrong about bisexuals undergoing sr surgery)I doubted my point. so at least i know what kind does that. anyway, I say we move on before things get outta hand, (mimicking a tf2 spy) Shall we?

On topic: I think both mods are gonna be great. but i think the brawl one is better due to all the capabilities. Wait, can you replace sounds in mkw?
I'm back after a long while.