My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render

Started by Xiggah, October 29, 2011, 01:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hm. I'm guesssing some alternate costumes could be recolors, but some people might edit the model to provide unique ones. inb4someonemakescupcakespinkieoncepinkieisout but i'm all for recolors if that's what were gonna do. by the way, i looked back at the potential character spots for the mane 6, and we might have to arrange the costumes differently. like for example, if Twilight is going to go over Ness, then Ness' default costume is read as a Red costume. that's a problem. we would have to find a different costume to replace with Twilight's basic color scheme. we also have the same problem if Fluttershy is going over DeDeDe, and Applejack if she's going over toon link. i mean, i rearranged a psa port's costumes because they didn't look so well. but some ain't a problem. If Rainbow Dash is going over Pit, Rarity potentially over Lucas, and Pinkie Pie potentially over Snake. we shouldn't have a problem with those. also, i just realized something once we psa pinkie. you know that Peach's side smash has a chance of pulling out 3 items? (Frying Pan, Tennis Racket, or Golf Club) well that's a problem because that's the only random thing Peach has. Snake has a variety of weapons; perfect for putting random stuff for pinkie to use, but if we can find out what causes peach to pull out one of 3 items, then we can apply it to snake and Pinkie will be able to pull out one of 3 items herself. including a foam hand. also, i think we should have her use random weapons for pinkie's smash attacks. but i dunno if that's even possible.
I'm back after a long while.

i would preffer to have colored textures first than make many models, that can work ease a bit the job and we may have some cool combinations  ;D




Hm. I  guess we could work with that. Most psas start off as recolors. then BOOM community makes their own custom stuff. Man, Xiggah hasn't updated this thread lately. however, the other day, i was talking with him on steam, and he asked him why the topic hasn't been updated. he said he's "not gonna share anything. just gonna be working it". Sounds kinda baffling and wierd. What is he up to nowadays? (Xiggah, if you have anything to say to me, send it in a pm if it's team related.)
I'm back after a long while.

There's no point in giving an update every two seconds. Otherwise big breakthroughs don't have that much impact.

Just sit and wait. It's all happening at its own pace.

Point taken. But the best part is that we all wonder what he might come up with in the next update. perhaps another preview pic! ^o^
I'm back after a long while.

You and the others just keep doing what you're doing. I'm really glad you managed to find another animator. Looking forward to what you guys come up with in the future.

March 23, 2012, 12:17:56 AM #531 Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:19:38 AM by AwesomeCasey795
Yeah. I guess we can all do so. and Oh my god guys check the latest blog post. TommoPuppy has done it again!

@Tommo: why aren't you providing a download yet? is it not ready or something?

EDIT: Just took a closer look at the pic. It's probably gonna be an alternate costume for Rainbow Dash, Isn't it?
I'm back after a long while.

March 23, 2012, 12:47:49 AM #532 Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:50:10 AM by TommoPuppy
Huh? I didn't update the blog... *checks it out* WTF that Gilda is for a different project altogether. -.- Also it's nowhere near done obviously. SHE HAS NO TEXTURES -.-

RD is there because I'm measuring Gilda's proportions against it. Gilda's shaped completely different from Rainbow Dash though so there's no way that it can be an alternate outfit.

I appreciate the sentiment B1NARY but damn it -.-

See what happens when you jump to conclusions, Red? >_<

I'm not jumping to a [censored]ing conclusion. the post confused me. the blog said: Don't ask for a download link. you won't get it until he says so. also the blog picture shows her WITH textures.
I'm back after a long while.

Compare it to the show. She's missing her face patterns, lines on her claws, tufts of fur, etc.

Yeah. i actually noticed that just now. stupid confusing things. *facepalm*
I'm back after a long while.

cant wait to see this finished, im getting tired of seeing the same crappy pony texture hacks over and over...

ive been too busy/lazy to make any progress with spike (kinda need ideas too)
anyways let me know when the mane 6 are at psa stage.   
<discord voice>good luck everypony!!!</discord voice>

Quote from: turbobear on March 24, 2012, 02:20:56 AM
ive been too busy/lazy to make any progress with spike (kinda need ideas too)
anyways let me know when the mane 6 are at psa stage.  
<discord voice>good luck everypony!!!</discord voice>
Brb pestering Get A Load Of This! for ideas.

Quote from: turbobear on March 24, 2012, 02:20:56 AMcant wait to see this finished, im getting tired of seeing the same crappy pony texture hacks over and over... ive been too busy/lazy to make any progress with spike (kinda need ideas too) anyways let me know when the mane 6 are at psa stage.  <discord voice>good luck everypony!!!</discord voice>
you mean any of 'em right?
I'm back after a long while.

GALoT senses are tingling. How did I miss this place for so long? So yeah brb Spike ideas.
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu