My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render

Started by Xiggah, October 29, 2011, 01:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xiggah on March 27, 2012, 12:50:36 AM
You ask too often, really. Stop asking for new things, okay? I'll say something new on my own, whether or not you ask for something new.

No IM Spex? And turbo, did you ever examine my Snake download? It's got a nice PSA edit on it.
Quote from: Spex130 on March 27, 2012, 12:53:17 AM
I did. You were gone when I did. Then I logged off, because I have tests and stuff to study for.

Care to try again?
Now that's just hypocritical. i asked about animating before, but you give a kind response to spex and not me. You sir, have hardly any respect for a 13 year old brony. I'm just a curious person. you got a problem with that?
I'm back after a long while.

March 27, 2012, 01:41:23 AM #556 Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:03:45 AM by TommoPuppy
Yes, we do have a problem with that. We all do.

If you want to be respected, you have to earn it and shut your god damn mouth.

If you want to help the project, don't just spout ideas, do something USEFUL, do something that the existing team members CAN'T do, do something that doesn't take 2 minutes in Photoshop.

If you want to animate, then show us your moves, but keep in mind that Xiggah has every right as the project leader to decide whether he needs your help or not.

March 27, 2012, 01:58:48 AM #557 Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:04:44 AM by Albafika
*Sigh* I had to be led here...

AwesomeCasey795, don't use the report button when you're at fault.

I don't want to see any more comments regarding this issue or warns shall be issued. Move on, now.


March 27, 2012, 04:11:25 AM #559 Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:52:02 AM by Miacis
Quote from: AwesomeCasey795 on March 27, 2012, 02:23:47 AM
[Edit: This post was removed. Quoting it would prove quite counter-productive...]

Didn't you read a word of what I said?

Quote from: Albafika on March 27, 2012, 01:58:48 AM
I don't want to see any more comments regarding this issue or warns shall be issued. Move on, now.
Next time, you'll know better.

Quote from: Xiggah on March 27, 2012, 12:50:36 AM
No IM Spex? And turbo, did you ever examine my Snake download? It's got a nice PSA edit on it.
If you're referring to the one in your vault then yes.  I guess I was meaning when we have a moveset more or less nailed down/animated, let me know. I'm playing around with side projects until you're ready for me unless I can do anything else.

ok so i actually got off my flank and did something, ive got some rough animations/attacks for spike and made a gameplay video, not really good enough for release so ill just give a link to the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opU5L1tQ-tE

tell me what you think everypony!!!

Quote from: turbobear on April 01, 2012, 08:56:54 PM
ok so i actually got off my flank and did something, ive got some rough animations/attacks for spike and made a gameplay video, not really good enough for release so ill just give a link to the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opU5L1tQ-tE

tail me what you think efurrypony!!!
I hate you e_e I was really excited to see your progress

Quote from: TommoPuppy on April 02, 2012, 01:04:36 AM
I hate you e_e I was really excited to see your progress
Judging by this, it looks like it was a troll. I'll just go ahead and NOT watch.

Also, All of my Brawlboxes are broken. What gives? I can't import any model, from brawlbox or max, and I have no idea what's the problem. Reinstalling the net framework doesnt seem to do anything either, if I've done it right.

You MIGHT need to reinstall one of the C++ redistributable packages. Maybe. I think that happened to me once, but I had to download like, 30 of them and install them 1 by 1. It wasn't a fun day.

If anything that's a last resort, although I have no other ideas.


Quote from: Xiggah on April 03, 2012, 12:59:12 AM
Also, All of my Brawlboxes are broken. What gives? I can't import any model, from brawlbox or max, and I have no idea what's the problem. Reinstalling the net framework doesnt seem to do anything either, if I've done it right.
My opinion.

Well this is just great. Were boned. (for who knows when) Unless we have a team member who can temporarily take over, Who's gonna work on this project now? Well all i'm expecting is a huge delay until further notice. and i have no idea how to fix this.
I'm back after a long while.

April 03, 2012, 01:29:13 AM #566 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:35:43 AM by Spex130
Quote from: AwesomeCasey795 on April 03, 2012, 01:24:16 AM
Well this is just great. Were boned. (for who knows when) Unless we have a team member who can temporarily take over, Who's gonna work on this project now? Well all i'm expecting is a huge delay until further notice. and i have no idea how to fix this.

Waitwaitwait. Calm down, kiddo. It's not as bad as it sounds.

Also, Xiggah, make sure to check with BlackJax. He might know.



EDIT:

Also, those packages. You don't have to install all of them. It's just that one of them is the right one, and I don't know which.

I didn't have to install all 30. (If there are even that many.)


Addendum:

What kind of errors are you getting? We might be able to nip this in the bud here.


And to switch subjects, Spex is animating in 3DS Max (for all I know, our IM situation hasn't worked out yet) and everyone else has been animating in Brawlbox.

Dunno if the installs worked behind my back or something, but everything's working again. Thanks for the support guys. Now I'm just back to the normal glitch where models that have been heavily edited in Max don't work... any recommendations for how to have a model rebuilt completely, like a double import/export perhaps?

Quote from: Xiggah on April 03, 2012, 01:36:36 AM
And to switch subjects, Spex is animating in 3DS Max (for all I know, our IM situation hasn't worked out yet) and everyone else has been animating in Brawlbox.

Dunno if the installs worked behind my back or something, but everything's working again. Thanks for the support guys. Now I'm just back to the normal glitch where models that have been heavily edited in Max don't work... any recommendations for how to have a model rebuilt completely, like a double import/export perhaps?

Well, about the IM situation, I'm more likely to get a KC-MM PM. Let's start there. Also, we can animate in BrawlBox now? This is wonderful news!

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "don"t work." Do they straight not import? Is there something wrong with the rig?


Quote from: Spex130 on April 03, 2012, 01:41:57 AM
Well, about the IM situation, I'm more likely to get a KC-MM PM. Let's start there. Also, we can animate in BrawlBox now? This is wonderful news!

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "don"t work." Do they straight not import? Is there something wrong with the rig?

No animators in Brawlbox, at least not for normal character animations. No IK, no rigs, only so much quality can be achieved. That's why 3DS Max animators are loved so much! Send me a PM, and I'll reply with a link to a 3DS Max rig download.

I've had this problem before, I think it's something like the polygons that have use Attach and Detach become corrupted or something: Something in the Max editing process ruins it, only 3 of the remaining meshes work. (several Editable Mesh per .DAE)