BlackJax Quality™ Model Imports

Started by BlackJax96, November 08, 2011, 02:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

What's one mod I started that you really wish I had finished?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 23, 2012, 09:57:19 PM
That's super insane lol, I'm using Riivo too...
Maybe it's just my fault?
Can you post a picture?
And can somebody else test Miku on Delfino to make sure it's not just me?

Mind if I use my Ness port instead?

Coming up.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2012, 09:59:41 PM
Mind if I use my Ness port instead?

Coming up.

She doesn't mess up on Delfino when over Ness?
What about if you play as her normally over ZSS?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 23, 2012, 10:03:27 PM
She doesn't mess up on Delfino when over Ness?
What about if you play as her normally over ZSS?

I never tried the regular ZSS version. I ported her right away. ^^; I'll try.

August 23, 2012, 10:06:30 PM #963 Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:13:43 PM by mr.mugenwii
Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 23, 2012, 09:54:52 PM

All I did to fix the lighting around Miku's mouth/nose was add another line loop around them and then relax the points a bit.


Sorry this is what i was referring to.  I think i read it a post ago and was confused because i dont know what u mean by adding a line loop.  If u mean u just vertex edited the nose and gave her extra edges/borders than i know what ur talking about


irrevelant:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2012, 10:04:45 PM
I never tried the regular ZSS version. I ported her right away. ^^; I'll try.

mmmmk

Now I'm suspicious whether Delfino might have hardcoding to not allow certain matrix effects only on certain characters that don't use them already. But that'd be weird lol

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on August 23, 2012, 10:06:30 PM
Sorry this is what i was referring to.  I think i read it a post ago and was confused because i dont know what u mean by adding a line loop.
and by points u mean vertices right?

irrevelant:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Oh a line loop is a set of vertices that all connect together in a loop. and yeah points = vertices

And I don't really think nulling normals is really ever ok unless you're doing what Mariokart did with his LAT Miku, which was ok because the face couldn't be lit normally. To be honest, I'd say completely removing the lighting is just an excuse for not knowing how to fix the normals or not knowing how to modify shaders to do what you want.

You can use shaders to turn up or down the brightness of the model in-game.
I always turn down the default brightness on my model imports so that they aren't super bright like some other model imports are. Makes 'em stand out. :af:

August 23, 2012, 10:19:56 PM #965 Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:20:52 PM by mr.mugenwii
Umm ok.  its just that i was looking at DX8 playing around with vertex color nodes in 3dsMax and stuff and then i saw u did some edits to ur hack too.

so yea shader editing is some good stuff

ZSS Miku V.S. my PSA over Ness. They're both the same.



Don't mind the eyes on the Miku in the back. That's my Ness PSA. The VIS0's refuse to remove the Blink Half face, and the Final Smash eyes won't show up on it either. It does this for all ZSS models, too.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2012, 10:21:25 PM
ZSS Miku V.S. my PSA over Ness. They're both the same.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Don't mind the eyes on the Miku in the back. That's my Ness PSA. The VIS0's refuse to remove the Blink Half face, and the Final Smash eyes won't show up on it either. It does this for all ZSS models, too.

:O :O :O

I wonder why it works for you but not me and a few others then.

August 23, 2012, 10:24:51 PM #968 Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:26:25 PM by mr.mugenwii
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2012, 10:21:25 PM
ZSS Miku V.S. my PSA over Ness. They're both the same.



Don't mind the eyes on the Miku in the back. That's my Ness PSA. The VIS0's refuse to remove the Blink Half face, and the Final Smash eyes won't show up on it either. It does this for all ZSS models, too.
maybe the objects references got messed up?

Because Miku loves me. LOL. <3

Seriously though, I don't know. I didn't tinker with it or anything, I just popped her in as-is, IDK what I did different. :P

What object references?


August 23, 2012, 10:30:30 PM #971 Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:33:16 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun
You saying I could maybe fix the VIS0s and Final Smash eyes on the port like this?

EDIT: No, the references are intact. :/

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2012, 10:30:30 PM
You saying I could maybe fix the VIS0s and Final Smash eyes on the port like this?

EDIT: No, the references are intact. :/
thats all i got lol


Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2012, 10:25:57 PM
Because Miku loves me. LOL. &lt;3

Seriously though, I don&#039;t know. I didn&#039;t tinker with it or anything, I just popped her in as-is, IDK what I did different. :P

lolwtf

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 23, 2012, 10:40:40 PM
This is totally weird, then...

If Miku is ported over Ness, did you change the bone references in the PSA?

Or is that one of those lazy-and-not-cool rel port thingies. :>.>: