BlackJax Quality™ Model Imports

Started by BlackJax96, November 08, 2011, 02:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What's one mod I started that you really wish I had finished?

November 19, 2012, 11:26:10 PM #1020 Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:28:54 PM by Mr.MW



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

LOL fine!
and that post marks the happy 69th page


Give the Chief some sexy shine.
Chief loves dat sexy shine.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


November 25, 2012, 06:45:41 PM #1024 Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:46:46 PM by BlackJax96
Neru is done but I'm dealing with the usual importing hell that I always go through where either vertices aren't in the right spots or the model is all scaled/rotated weird after import.

Hopefully I can release her today but don't count on it. :P

Oh yeah and after this...
I want to stop every other import and just work on Ikaros.
...because Ikaros is a project [censored] on a grander scale and needs moar attention. :af:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 25, 2012, 06:45:41 PMNeru is done but I'm dealing with the usual importing hell that I always go through where either vertices aren't in the right spots or the model is all scaled/rotated weird after import. Hopefully I can release her today but don't count on it. :P Oh yeah and after this... I want to stop every other import and just work on Ikaros. ...because Ikaros is a project [censored] on a grander scale and needs moar attention. :af:
I could always use some more boobs in my Brawl. :af: *shot*
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

This is what I have to go through every time I import a model ;_;



The rig is perfect in 3ds Max, before anybody tells me to check my rig for stray verts or anything. :srs:

November 25, 2012, 11:01:14 PM #1027 Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 11:03:04 PM by Mr.MW
mmm dats what happened to me once i used the mirror weight feature
eventhough the weights were good, it was acting as if the other side was weighted to a ghost bone
so what i did was click on every envelope and checked weights by color vertices til i found the weird vertices and reset the weight by re-weighting it to its bone


Check for stray verts anyway.

The RotN bones like to snag random verts from time to time, so check them.

Quote from: Ridley-G on November 25, 2012, 11:21:49 PM
Check for stray verts anyway.

The RotN bones like to snag random verts from time to time, so check them.

I didn't add them into the skin modifier until I was done with the rig to prevent that. >_>
And I already did check all the verts anyway <_<

on the display section under skin u can check ur vertices weights by color
when u click on envelopes the colors change accordingly
have u checked for vertices with colors that do not match accordingly to their envelopes?
for example if u are looking at the rshoulder n bone envelope and u see a blue vertex in the lshoulder section, when u click on the vertex it shows u correct weights but it still looks blue when u click on the rshoulder envelope,
so to fix this u need to copy the weight value from a close vertex and paste it to the "blue" vertex
now when u click on the rshoulder envelope it shouldnt display dat vertex in blue



November 26, 2012, 12:11:45 AM #1032 Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:03:48 AM by BlackJax96
Oh, it's nothing like that. That's easy to fix :(





...speed rigging is really fun

That always happens to me, try importing Neru's dae again.
Also, will she use a cellphone-gun?
3DS: 3780-9595-2194 Tumblr: http://oktavia-von-sekendorff.tumblr.com


oh, so is that weird issue of randomly stray vertices appearing fixable?